• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 How would you make Resident Evil 6?

Childofthegrave

How would guys make Resident Evil back to glory with resident evil 6?
Me personally i would defintely bring back zombies and have the same camera as RE4/5 and the other REs. How that would work is you run like you would do in the original Resident Evils and when you aim youll be in Resident Evil 4 style. Or there can be a toggle option to leave it as classic or new. And for scenarios: I would have all main characters to have thier own scenario and no coop and bring back the suspenseful and dark feeling or REmake.
What about you guys?

Professor X

I'd reboot the entire serie's, from Zero up to Code: Veronica, to the Outbreak/Gun Survivor title's, ironing out all of the plot hole's and remaining question's Capcom have left unanswered over the year's. I'd try to work the storyline of the Gun Survivor title's into the main storyline, in an attempt to make the overall plot more interesting.

I'd take the serie's back to it's root's, along with the static camera angle's and pre-rendered background's. Driving the story back into the mood of the older game's would be difficult to do though, now that it's settled in a more action-oriented vibe.

There's probably much more I'd try to do or change, but that's all I'm willing to type right now. (I must work to overcome my lazyness)

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
I'd reboot it too, with completely new characters, new companies, new enviroments and so on. And get back the crazy camera angles and enemies. The current Resident Evil went for too long. So long, that it already began to suck at RE4. Sometimes, something goes too old and you just have to end it. A reboot would be nicer, althought some people wouldn't like it. But I'm sure a reboot is lots better than a shoot-'em-up-game.

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
First off, I'd have it like Resident Evil 5's Lost in Nightmares, with the horror atmosphere and the Resident Evil 4/5 style camera and gameplay. Perhaps a reboot with new characters, as mentioned. But they would have to make those characters cool and very likeable, like the current cast of characters. If they made them like they did the Outbreak characters or something, with little to no individual personality or story, it's going to fail. I honestly don't know how they will top Wesker for a villain, though. :p

Oh, and I'd bring back the classic style of the inventory spaces. :)

I would probably use the style that is being implemented in RE:Revelations. I don't mind the over the shoulder view - but I prefer the pacing of the narrative and the atmosphere to be a slow but steady increase in tension. Making someone horrified is easy just by showing gruesome things and yes, creating a sense of actual fear in a game is difficult, but tension and suspense are easy by comparison. Dead Space nails this well enough and a Resident Evil game that takes the good from that can only do well in the end.

domino29

PftU Spokesperson
Yeah, I think REvelations will get it right. Im replaying Outbreak #2 and I agree that that style of gameplay works, but it feels dated. I think we should stick with 3rd-person over the shoulder.

Also, NO REBOOTS. A reboot does not solve all the series problems, it just wrecks havok with the fan-base. Look at the Tomb Raider Forums and see what I mean.

Professor X

Yeah, I think REvelations will get it right. Im replaying Outbreak #2 and I agree that that style of gameplay works, but it feels dated. I think we should stick with 3rd-person over the shoulder.

Also, NO REBOOTS. A reboot does not solve all the series problems, it just wrecks havok with the fan-base. Look at the Tomb Raider Forums and see what I mean.

Resi 4, originally, is what caused havoc among the BH fanbase, because Capcom decided to flat-out jump genre's, from Survival Horror to Action.

Sometime's, a reboot can do a serie's good.

LFHunter

Since wesker is dead the goverment that leon works for (cough cough US) becomes the new bad guy and started development of BOW for there own military use. Yes i was influenced by recent events and conspiracies (H.A.A.R.P Look on google or looke for project Blue Beam)

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Resi 4, originally, is what caused havoc among the BH fanbase, because Capcom decided to flat-out jump genre's, from Survival Horror to Action.

Sometime's, a reboot can do a serie's good.

Yes sometimes a reboot can do good but the reboot your refering to such as RE4 was merely a gameplay reboot which cool in my opinion.

However your earlier post indicated that you want a storyline reboot which i do not agree with since i'm a HUGE fan of the currently established storyline and just throwing it out in favor of a new storyline would really turn me off.

Professor X

Yes sometimes a reboot can do good but the reboot your refering to such as RE4 was merely a gameplay reboot which cool in my opinion.

However your earlier post indicated that you want a storyline reboot which i do not agree with since i'm a HUGE fan of the currently established storyline and just throwing it out in favor of a new storyline would really turn me off.

It was a Genre reboot, with a new style of gameplay implemented.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
It was a Genre reboot, with a new style of gameplay implemented.

Your point?

I already knew that and posted it above.

Gameplay reboot, Genre Reboot its doesn't matter since both means a new style of gameplay different then the previous established one.

Professor X

Your point?

I already knew that and posted it above.

Gameplay reboot, Genre Reboot its doesn't matter since both means a new style of gameplay different then the previous established one.

I was just trying to make sense of your post, that's all. Moving on...

You said that "throwing the established storyline out in favor for a new storyline" would make you feel disappointed. Well, how do you think most of the first fanbase felt when the original storyline was thrown out?

All I'm trying to say is I'd like a return to the original established storyline, as I'm part of the first fanbase, because I miss the thing's Capcom brought us through Survival Horror. "Action-Horror" isn't as deep and interesting as Survival Horror was.

I like the old storyline because it fascinated me, yet was scary and kept a fast pace. It had a great blend of everything.

While you like the new storyline because you've become a big fan of it.

I think that clear's thing's up abit.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I was just trying to make sense of your post, that's all. Moving on...

You said that "throwing the established storyline out in favor for a new storyline" would make you feel disappointed. Well, how do you think most of the first fanbase felt when the original storyline was thrown out?

All I'm trying to say is I'd like a return to the original established storyline, as I'm part of the first fanbase, because I miss the thing's Capcom brought us through Survival Horror. "Action-Horror" isn't as deep and interesting as Action-r was.

I like the old storyline because it fascinated me, yet was scary and kept a fast pace. It had a great blend of everything.

While you like the new storyline because you've become a big fan of it.

I think that clear's thing's up abit.

What are you talking about?

Capcom hasn't changed the original Storyline so what are you refering to?

I think your refering to the Capcom changing the GENRE of Survival Horror into
Action Survival which has nothing to do with the storyline.

The established storyline is still intact such as RE0,RE1,RE3,RE2,RECV,RE4,RE5 for example in that order so i think your a little confused.

I to am i HUGE fan of the GENRE of Survivial Horror as in the earlier established games and i would also like to see a return the Classic roots as i've pointed out in many threads but i think you just completely misunderstood my posts.

Professor X

Wait, I think you're right.

Basically, I'm not a fan of the current genre (action horror) I love the storyline apart from BH4 & BH5. The storyline itself has shifted from focusing on Virus' to focusing on Parasite's. I don't like that fact.

If that doesn't make sense, I give up.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Wait, I think you're right.

Basically, I'm not a fan of the current genre (action horror) I love the storyline apart from BH4 & BH5. The storyline itself has shifted from focusing on Virus' to focusing on Parasite's. I don't like that fact.

If that doesn't make sense, I give up.

That makes sense.

I to do not like the parasite and would much rather they return to the traditional zombies instead.

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
They should keep some of the enhancements made in RE4 and RE5 with aiming, weapon upgrades, and the variety of enemies; but they need to get some exploration and puzzle solving in there. Maybe on the same level as CVX. That was a fun game to figure out.

Top Bottom