• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 How to beat Mercenaries easily

masneo

Ok I beat it with Hunk and Krauser (thats a no brainer) but, with Leon on the Harbor level those chain saw guys, how the hell do you beat them faster? Also from the adrenaline I get and the anxiety from them chopping my head off in one slice. Got any advice?

A_Wesker123

The Original
'I love Albert Wesker,
Why?
Cause if he died the games would be done
That's why I love him...'

awwww someone likes me loll.

Seriously i just tryed to stay as far away from them as possible. It is probbably easiest as Wesker (myself) first as you can just magnum them to death if they get near to you.

masneo

Oh yeah definately thats why I love you cause of that awesome thrust move you got lol but yeah as awesome Leon is its a bitch to pwn those maniac chainsaw killers... pistols seemed to work but damn it takes long and of course i can't run up to him on time with the shotgun and run back...

alonecrow

that's why first use your grenade, then blast with your shotgun, throw your grenade again if he come close..

dark_zero

all i have left is hunk and he is harder than anything to get 70000 points so i may never beat mercanaries

masneo

[quote author=alonecrow link=topic=314.msg6959#msg6959 date=1212031232]
that's why first use your grenade, then blast with your shotgun, throw your grenade again if he come close..
[/quote]
Thanks for the advice it really did work but then there's another problem not enough grenades T_T. But then again I probably were using them too soon damnit...

alonecrow

[quote author=masneo link=topic=314.msg6979#msg6979 date=1212152922]
Thanks for the advice it really did work but then there's another problem not enough grenades T_T. But then again I probably were using them too soon damnit...
[/quote]

well, yes, that's one problem... not much grenades...
but try to save some..especially the HE grenanes and flashbang..

RE4

[quote author=alonecrow link=topic=314.msg6983#msg6983 date=1212175798]
well, yes, that's one problem... not much grenades...
but try to save some..especially the HE grenanes and flashbang..
[/quote]

Correct. This strategy will definitely work, you just have to get everything to happen the way you want it to, which may take some time.

A_Wesker123

The Original
Just dont give up if you cant do it. It took me 4 days straight to beat mercanerys with 5 starts for each character. It was the holidays so i had the time loll. :D

masneo

Yes I now know how to kill the dude easily try to keep good distance from the thing (not too far, not too close) and point your shotgun to his face wait till he tries to make himself feel better than shoot him again keep doing this process till he's dead but either than that I don't have emough time to get enough points...

alonecrow

well, it is a little bit tricky i have to admit... but it's the only way to beat it... keep your distance, throw your grenades, and hit with your shotgun..

Hollow-Words

If anyone is still wondering how to beat Mercenaries with Leon in the Waterworld level

It's something like:
I'd corner myself by the harbor with the tall platform then when he gets close, make sure you're pretty much alone, then aim for his head.
Or stand on the big white house and wait for him to jump up , then knock him down.
That'll lower the chances of you being a blood hose~~~

shoheeb

He can be easy for Leon, Spawn at the tower area (if you don't go to options and click retry on continue point) climb the ladder to get the grenade, run to the zipline, Salvador should follow you. throw your grenade at him, if it hits him keep hitting him with your Riot Gun, if not, go down the zipline and hit him from a distance.

Alternatively once you meet him, climb a ladder, once you climbed it, move back and look at the ladder, once he jumps up his chainsaw should stop revving, then just keep hitting his head, he'll die easy

Hoady

I always found Leon to be the hardest in mercenaries although i did beat all the levels with him.The only problem in water world is when 2 chainsaws were on the loose in that case using the zipline helped alot then plenty of shotguns and grenades(as mentioned above)to kill them. Remember to stock up on ammo.

gimpoidtastic

Leon vs Super Salvador

confidence
stand your group with a bit of space between you and him and with the riot gun ready to unload.

Its easy to get scared and miss but aim for the head.

even if hes right in front of you, you can survive just by getting his head as soon as he recoverd from your last headshot. [this is very hard though. its usually luck as much as skill here]

grenades and barrels can be used but the shotgun is just as fool proof (easier for me) and the ammo is much more plentiful then grenades or barrels.xx

Top Bottom