• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil Survivor (PS1) How is this game?

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
So I want a new resident evil game, a real one. Not something action, something survival horror. And I'm caught up between dead aim and survivor. Can any one give me a quick review of both?

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I'll do my best.

Survivor is a short game. One could finish it under two hours. It's graphics aren't the best, nor is the voice acting. In Survivor, you are a man named Ark Thompson who is investigating Sheena Island at the request of Leon. The Island's commander finds you out and infects the island with the T-virus. Ark tries to escape in an helicopter but crashes and loses his memory. You have to fight through zombies, zombie dogs, lickers, hunters, Mr. X, and Umbrella cleaners (they look like HUNK's unit, but they aren't human).

Dead Aim is longer. You play as Bruce, a member or an anti-Umbrella organization. He is sent to the Spencer Rain, a cruise ship for Umbrella, to find and stop Morpheus, a former Umbrella operative who was fired. He hijacked the ship and and contaminated it with the T-virus. Upon arrival, Bruce is held at gunpoint. Then, a member of the Chinese security service saves him with a hand grenade, wounding Morpheus. You have to explore a dark zombie infested ship an later a deserted zombie infested lab.

I liked them both, but Dead Aim more. For a PS2 game, the graphics are quite good. So yeah. Survivor is short and has multiple paths that affect who you meet and what kind of enemies you fight in certain areas. Dead Aim is longer and reminds me of RE4 except with zombies on a dark claustrophobic ship.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
No, it reminds me of RE4 because it has the over the shoulder camera. When you aim, though, it goes into first person mode. And I find the interactions between Bruce and Fong Ling seem like the interactions between Leon and Ada. The game hardly has any action in it.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
So I want a new resident evil game, a real one. Not something action, something survival horror. And I'm caught up between dead aim and survivor. Can any one give me a quick review of both?
You'll get a nice deserted horror feel with Survivor. It's short and sweet. Doesn't look pretty, in fact it looks fugly, but aside from graphics and VA, it's fun.

DA looks good, plays well enough, definately a fun entry. And Morpheus was cool. Like Survivor, worth playing at least once. I actually aquired 2 copies of DA...one with the legit case and the other without.

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
Survivor is my fav out of the 2. Ofcourse the graphics are dated, the voice acting is bad and the game is pretty short but for a quick gaming fix its fun. The game could have been alot better but since you can get it real cheap nowdayz.. go for it and try it. Dead Aim is really good aswell if you are bothered by the bad graphics of Survivor and want a more recent game.. go with it.

killer89

It has the best opening in the series.
A guy who cant remeber anything, his head hurts and his only hope is a gun.

"My head aches and i cant remember anything... My only hope is this gun."

I laugh myself off the chair every time, when i see that.

ImperialDroit

Chris' Butt-Washer
God! I hate RE:Survivor so much!
You can't even save,unless,you die or you complete the game...
The graphics are nice(for its time),the voice acting is dreadful and,it seems to me that the zombies,have a ****ing constipation problem.It sounds like they have to poop,and they try the hardest,and still can't!
The story itself is awful,and it doesn't add up to the original series.For example,he is in Raccoon City,after Resident Evil 3.How come?! Raccoon City was blown-up to pieces...
Seriously,CAPCOM was really drunk when they made that game!

Flipqy42

Nevermore
God! I hate RE:Survivor so much!
You can't even save,unless,you die or you complete the game...
The graphics are nice(for its time),the voice acting is dreadful and,it seems to me that the zombies,have a ******* constipation problem.It sounds like they have to poop,and they try the hardest,and still can't!
The story itself is awful,and it doesn't add up to the original series.For example,he is in Raccoon City,after Resident Evil 3.How come?! Raccoon City was blown-up to pieces...
Seriously,CAPCOM was really drunk when they made that game!

Actually, Ark Thompson is on the Umbrella-controlled Sheena Island. It is where they mass-produce their Tyrant B.O.W.s.

killer89

The prologue actually talks about the Raccoon City´s incident, and how it wasnt the only place where outbreak occurred..
Glad to see, that someone got his facts right (not).

Also survivor is not the worst game in the series, that title goes to survivor 2.

ArabPikachu

I remember dying a couple of times on Easy mode :angry:but it paid off when I beat the game first time around:happy:

Hoping to take on the task of beating it on Normal difficulty :eager:

ArabPikachu

No, it reminds me of RE4 because it has the over the shoulder camera.

BH: Survivor had a first-person camera and not OTS but I'll admit the aiming in BH4 is somewhat similar to BH: Survivor.

Last edited:
Both Dead Aim and Survivor are very short games. But short games isn't a bad thing imo. Anyway Dead Aim is the better game. Survivor 1 is good though.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Survivor is a really fun game. It's got great locations, lots of weapons to choose from (FOUR different handguns that each serve a different purpose), good enemies in the Proto-Tyrants, and a great final boss encounter. It's like an Arcade Game version of resident evil. There are also multiple paths you can choose to get to different places at some point in the game. They don't make that much of a difference, but it makes it fun to play through. The major problem with the game is that it borrows a lot of enemies and models from RE2. That's not even really a problem, but it seems a little lazy from such a large developer.

Hey, just played this game for the first time this morning. I really enjoyed it. I cant believe I put it off for this long but im glad I did.
-This came out after Resident Evil 3, and timewise, it seems to take place in like Nov. 1998, that's as long as the files you pick up go from.
-It first started out a little clunky, but it does justice as you keep going.
-I like the alternate pathways you can go, making each playthrough different. I found the Handgun B and that is the best one so far, it shoots super fast.
-The files I picked up were awesome, one contained information on the recent outbreak at the Spencer mansion, (Resi 1) and when the character membered who he was and mentioned Leon S Kennedy sent him to stop Vincent from Umbrella my jaw literally dropped!
-Fighting Mr. X was super cool, all the enemies were cool. The hunters, you need the shotgun to take them down.

And plus, I know the makers of the 1st Resident Evil (96) actually wanted it to be in first person perspective, so its cool that this is the first Resident Evil to be in FPS. And even more amazing that Resident Evil 7 is coming full circle and being the first main game to be First Person. Super psyched, making Survivor even more relevant.

-Overall I am super pleased with this game and im surprised it took me this long to play it. At first I was like, when the hell can I save, then I died and saw there were continues in the form of bullets on the bottom left screen. I would definitely play it again and try and go different ways, but the ways I went were cool cuz I found the handgun B, I found a handgun D on one run that was a little more slower but more powerful, but the B one was cool, don't know where C is. But yea, good files to read, about Umbrella finding there test subjects and all. just twisted. Boss was bad ass, good thing I found a magnum and had mad Grenade and Flame rounds. And there was barely any herbs to pick up. cant get hit. Ive played Deam Aim before, Id say its a good sequel to Survivor. Those games go together I feel. Im gonna play it again. Outbreak 1 n 2 are also real cool chapters of civilians escaping Raccoon City with excellent traditional puzzle solving elements, keys n all.

ArabPikachu

Regardless of it's below 50% score by videogame magazines, I'd say BH: Survivor is still an enjoyable game; as the BH series' 1st attempt in the First-Person Shooter market, it was a good good way to test the waters.

Could BH: Survivor have been better? Of course, which is why I'd favor a technologically advanced remake of it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom