• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 1 How is the game?

potato

I don't own a nintendo 3ds, i doubt i will, so i guess the only way to try it out is when emulation becomes possible.

So here i ask how is Revelation? I hear it's good, similar to RE5 Lost Nightmare? Do i miss much not playing it?

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I thought it was great, it was really good to play as Jill again and it brought the series back to it's survival horror roots. I don't think you missed much since it's a side game and there doesn't seem to be any references to it in RE6 so far. If you wan't to see gameplay watch a let's play/walkthrough on youtube :)

MissDomino

Premium
Definately worth the money I spent on the 3ds and game. If you have money to burn, it's worth it. There are some nice games for the 3ds that have dropped in price lately too.

Missing out on it isn't a big deal though, since it's a sidestory. Sure was fun though.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
It was actually surprisingly good! I wasn't expecting much at first, but the story, graphics, gameplay, and everything about it was amazing! Not to mention how awesome it was to play a RE game with survival horror again. I'd say it's definitely up there with RE4 and RE2.

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
Wow, there're actually people positive about this game o: Didn't see that coming.
Anyway, in my opinion, the game... I don't want to say it sucked, but... It's definitely not catchy.
When I played it for some time, I was looking forward to finish it and never play it again. The graphics 'n stuff are great, but...
No, it's not worth the money. I also bought The Mercenaries; yet another game that'll disappoint you.
Not to mention that I bought the 3DS for these two games only. Bye bye 350 euros.
That hurts.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Wow, there're actually people positive about this game o: Didn't see that coming.
Anyway, in my opinion, the game... I don't want to say it sucked, but... It's definitely not catchy.
When I played it for some time, I was looking forward to finish it and never play it again. The graphics 'n stuff are great, but...
No, it's not worth the money. I also bought The Mercenaries; yet another game that'll disappoint you.
Not to mention that I bought the 3DS for these two games only. Bye bye 350 euros.
That hurts.

I didn't play the game because I didn't want to spend money in a 3DS just for that, but I've seen it online and it actually seems to be quite fun. It has much more horror elements than RE4 or RE5, had Jill as a main character, an interesting and catchy story, told in an interesting manner, etc. I wish I had the opportunity to play it :(

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
I didn't play the game because I didn't want to spend money in a 3DS just for that, but I've seen it online and it actually seems to be quite fun. It has much more horror elements than RE4 or RE5, had Jill as a main character, an interesting and catchy story, told in an interesting manner, etc. I wish I had the opportunity to play it :(

I really can't say why I dislike the game. It's been so long since I last played it. Maybe because I bought it with high expectations or something, I dunno. But... really. You're not missing anything. It's not worth the money, just leave it be.
But then again, tastes differ. So I'll just leave it here ^-^
http://doubleleggy.deviantart.com/journal/Revelations-Review-285388859
Or read that. That's pretty much my opinion about the game, too :3

MetalGamer2

Survivor
I really can't say why I dislike the game. It's been so long since I last played it. Maybe because I bought it with high expectations or something, I dunno. But... really. You're not missing anything. It's not worth the money, just leave it be.
But then again, tastes differ. So I'll just leave it here ^-^

Of course, there are going to be many different opinions about the game, and I respect that. But I, for one, liked it a lot. I'd say: if you like classic Resident Evil (or if you're just really interested in the RE mythos), then you'll more than likely enjoy Revelations.

Leon_Redfield

King of Bel
Premium
It's good. It brings back a few of the things that they started to leave out, brought the dodge system back. Over all it was a very good game in my opinion.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Survival horror was great.

But the lack of different enemies sucked.

I found myself fighting the exact same enemies through multiple corridors many times and it really did make me wonder why the hell Capcom took away their original idea about having zombies in the game.

They still could have kept the new enemies, but just have various different zombies as your "basic" enemy.

And thats the only real problem I have with the game.

Obelisklarvan1

The game is great. Amazing for a handheld console. It feels to me like a mix between Resident evil 4 and the original Resident Evil (my two favourite) my only disapointments were the lack of replay value (Number 4 had so much to replay the game for, I played through about 10 times to unlock everything) and Raid mode could have been better, but it's really good for what it is.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
It's pretty nice. Very RE, very nice.

I thought the controls were perfect, til I played RE6(after adjusting the controls so they played like RE, you know, Hold R to aim, shoot with a face button, X in this case), but damn, RER has some nice controls, gameplay, story, music, etc. If only it were on a console instead of a handheld...

Basically the reason I bought a 3DS. No regrets...

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
I'm thinking of buying myself one for my birthday. Things im worried about are can you play the game in non 3d? The whole 3d effect on a small screen is putting me off . Also im looking at the 3ds (XL) as its a bit larger but cant' use a second analog on that either? I m considering vita but theres no ressy on that and i want to play mercs 3ds as well.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
I'm thinking of buying myself one for my birthday. Things im worried about are can you play the game in non 3d? The whole 3d effect on a small screen is putting me off . Also im looking at the 3ds (XL) as its a bit larger but cant' use a second analog on that either? I m considering vita but theres no ressy on that and i want to play mercs 3ds as well.

Don't worry, 3D is completely optional for the 3DS. You can turn it off and on whenever you please.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Check out some vids and reviews to see for your self. No one can give your opinion, you have to make it your self.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
Check out some vids and reviews to see for your self.

That actually reminds me, I did a review for Revelations back when it first came out. Here it is if anyone wants to see it...

Looking back on some of my older videos like this, it kinda makes me realize how much better my videos are now XD

Aleck

Biohazard
I very much enjoyed this game and it was so good to see Jill Valentine and Chris reunite. I would have preferred zombies as well, but the Regenerator (Of Resident Evil 4 fame) inspired monsters worked well and I liked Parker, Raymond and the old man boss early in the game. It was a mini series type game, kind of like Walking Dead but RE style. Hope Downfall 3D with Claire is real!!! More RE goodness!

Top Bottom