• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 How did the President get infected? Theories

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
inside-source.jpg

An e-mail shown from Capcom's viral marketing site "nohopeleft". If this e-mail says the truth, my thoughts:

1. Uncle planning IVY speech. IVY = Ivy University, the place where the president will make his speech. Obviously this "uncle" is the president, but they call him uncle. Sender was "cousin S", which was sent to someone named "mother".

The three may be related in some way (surely not blood relatives, of course, but in some other way). To what extent, I wouldn't know, but the hints of "family" should pretty much justify it.

Mother = possibly Carla Radames/Ada? Could this "mother" be the main antagonist?

No idea about cousin s though. A partner? An agent? HUNK? What does the "S" stand for? "Sherawat"? "Sherry"?

2. Reflects badly on the family. This means that the president may be planning on "exposing" something about the "family".

3. RC incident will be exposed. As said above...

4. "Unstable". This is an odd statement. This somewhat does provide further proof of the "relationship" between the president with this "cousin" and "mother", as being part of a single "family", as the president's plans of exposition is an "unstable" action, probably indicating that he was defecting from them.

5. Family action needed to avert crisis. Voila, the death of the president. They needed to "do" something to stop the president from possibly exposing or at least, ruining the reputation of this "family". Hence, the possibility of starting an epidemic within the city (or perhaps originating from the place where the president was) in order to avoid the "crisis".
Why infect him though...Why not just kill him to avert the crisis...Infecting him would start an investigation, and it could link this "mother/cousin" to the crime...I think there is more to this than nohopeleft is letting us know...

Jgraeme1979

I think Helena is saying it is her fault simply because she thinks she's failed in her duties to protect the President.

And I think maybe only the President was targeted which could explain why only he was infected. So many ways that could happen, spiked drink, some sort of contact on his way into his office and the virus passed on to him, air born toxin made specifically to affect his DNA (remember that even to get to the President they'd need to have the best resources available so never know what else they have access to).

Levan

Polkka. lol
An assassination attempt would be pretty risky. It's not like in the movies where people go through secret service without any trouble or blatantly get the president sniped without getting tracked down or at least prevented before the attempt.

Infection was probably the easiest way. You just have to slip the virus in somewhere or probably just get a lot of other people infected and have them bite president. Plus, the resulting aftermath would probably be too messy to investigate since it's a whole city that's infected - thus a successful, indirect assassination on their part without the need of clearing up any form of evidence.

@Jgraeme1979
I don't know... but I really do think that there were a lot more bodies in the trailer. Leon probably went to the president's room when the outbreak started, much to his concern. He just didn't make it in time and found out that the president was already turned.

Jgraeme1979

Well you hear stories about an Illuminati who supposed run the world (I don't drink the particular brand of cool aid needed to believe that), so in story there's the possibility of a group who have access to the President, or at least a member/s do, which allows them the access to slip the virus into his drink etc.

As for the group as Leon makes his way there, they could have been from a external outbreak I guess.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well you hear stories about an Illuminati who supposed run the world (I don't drink the particular brand of cool aid needed to believe that), so in story there's the possibility of a group who have access to the President, or at least a member/s do, which allows them the access to slip the virus into his drink etc.

As for the group as Leon makes his way there, they could have been from a external outbreak I guess.
YAY!! SOMEONE ELSE WHO KNOWS ABOUT THE ILLUMINATI!!!

Jgraeme1979

LOL, I have heard other's talking about an Illuminati, doesn't mean I believe there is one. just saying that in-game there could be which would explain how they have such access to the president to poison him with the virus that ultimately kills him.

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
- It gives further info on the president and secret letters and messages he received in the nohope.com site.. --- Hey, does anyone here play mercenaries on 3ds-if so i posted a question in the mercenaries, id be greatly appreciated if someone could answer it.. :) - also, i do believe someone within the white house obviously was a spy for Umbrella , they had to be to cover up any mess!!

Top Bottom