• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Hmm...Intersting Turn of Events...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
So, not only will there be three main characters instead of two, but they will all be male...Capcom has confirmed that Leon, Chris, as well as the unnamed merc are all three the main protagonists...They also stated the unnamed merc has history with the RE series, possibly eluding to have a blood relative in the series, or, what a lot of us have come to assume, he himself being the character Steve Burnside...All three will have an assistant character, just like all other RE games...
Chris-Unnamed BSAA officer...Which means no Sheva, thank God...
Leon-Government agent Helena Harper
Unnamed Merc-He has the most interesting supporting character...None other than Sherry Birkin herself...What do you guys think of all this new information...

StuDee

Hopefully no sheva most least thought out character in the series no personality no depth to her. With it been a global thing this time round hopefully there's some good cameos from some of the greats from the series.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Hopefully no sheva most least thought out character in the series no personality no depth to her. With it been a global thing this time round hopefully there's some good cameos from some of the greats from the series.
I agree with everything you said my friend...I mean...I would take Ashley ANY day over Sheva...I absolutely HATE her...Only RE character I actually want to kill off (As far as the heroes go)...Well...It'd be fun to kill Barry, just cause I think he'd have a badass death scene...

StuDee

I agree with everything you said my friend...I mean...I would take Ashley ANY day over Sheva...I absolutely HATE her...Only RE character I actually want to kill off (As far as the heroes go)...Well...It'd be fun to kill Barry, just cause I think he'd have a badass death scene...
Barry would be an awesome main character or more than likey a sidekick as it seems to be a set few who get the spot light

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Steve + new voice actor = awesome LOL
But really if steve is a playable character I'm gonna go nuts When I was little I loved steve but as I grew up I saw how annoying he is bit deep down inside I never let go of that passion I had for steve
I <3 steve but not in a gay way

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Steve + new voice actor = awesome LOL
But really if steve is a playable character I'm gonna go nuts When I was little I loved steve but as I grew up I saw how annoying he is bit deep down inside I never let go of that passion I had for steve
I <3 steve but not in a gay way
I love Steve...He get's crap all the time, but I'm with ya...He was a great and deep character...Plus, he DC remake was awesome...

Darkstar Darin

Wesker's secret project. D-Virus.
Chris-Unnamed BSAA officer...Which means no Sheva, thank God...
Leon-Government agent Helena Harper
Unnamed Merc-He has the most interesting supporting character...None other than Sherry Birkin herself...What do you guys think of all this new information...
1. BURN!!
2. Meh...
3. HOLY S***!! SHERRY'S HOT!!

Levan

Polkka. lol
Honestly I would've preferred that they introduce the recently unused characters in the story like Claire, Rebecca, or even Barry/Carlos/Billy who all seem to be MiA since the start of RE4, and probably in RER as well. I mean, yeah, Chris and Leon working together sounds cool, but they've been in the two past major games. Two other major characters can probably get the spotlight instead, to add more diversity. Or at least include them somewhere, as long as they're present I'm satisfied.

Doom guy

Grade one Hunter slayer
Honestly I would've preferred that they introduce the recently unused characters in the story like Claire, Rebecca, or even Barry/Carlos/Billy who all seem to be MiA since the start of RE4, and probably in RER as well. I mean, yeah, Chris and Leon working together sounds cool, but they've been in the two past major games. Two other major characters can probably get the spotlight instead, to add more diversity. Or at least include them somewhere, as long as they're present I'm satisfied.

Here here. I really wish capcom would stop recycling the same old charecters over and over, whilst letting some of the more unused charecters get a chance in the spotlight (Rebecca, Barry, Ark, etc).

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
They make them so different its like giving the same Idea to another company
Dude...It was still Capcom that did the Chronicles series...and they were updating the cannon...They were made that way the story flows better...They're legit...They Chronicles games are the cannon now...Without them we would know nothing about the fall of Umbrella or Leon's past with Krauser...

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Dude...It was still Capcom that did the Chronicles series...and they were updating the cannon...They were made that way the story flows better...They're legit...They Chronicles games are the cannon now...Without them we would know nothing about the fall of Umbrella or Leon's past with Krauser...
All I'm sating is I like the origanalls.And thats weird because I don't see to many 12 year olds that like games from before they were born

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
I think the only things from the Chronicles games that are canon are the new scenarios, like Wesker escaping the mansion, Hunk's mission (4th Survivor remake), the Russian mission, and Leon's South American Mission with Krauser. The rest are more like "Previously on Resident Evil" style recaps. The Biohazard Archives 1 and 2 (straight from Capcom) seem to support this. The only Chronicles scenarios mentioned in either are those listed above. The "canon" stories from the original releases are still used as the defacto events of the series.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I think the only things from the Chronicles games that are canon are the new scenarios, like Wesker escaping the mansion, Hunk's mission (4th Survivor remake), the Russian mission, and Leon's South American Mission with Krauser. The rest are more like "Previously on Resident Evil" style recaps. The Biohazard Archives 1 and 2 (straight from Capcom) seem to support this. The only Chronicles scenarios mentioned in either are those listed above. The "canon" stories from the original releases are still used as the defacto events of the series.
You're right...But you can include the recaps because they didn't change anything major...Yes Jill and Chris were together the whole time...But whether they were or not didn't change the outcome of the story...So one could argue that those were cannon...Like when you see a "Previously On" whatever TV show you're watching, it shows the events that led up to the current episode...That's what this did...It didn't add anything NEW to the cannon, you're right...But didn't destroy it and make it Non Cannon...

bruno

Chief Researcher
I actually think the Darksides Chronicles' parts corresponding to RE2 and CV are actualy very accurate and might as well be considered as canon, unlike the chapters in Umrela Chronicles'.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I actually think the Darksides Chronicles' parts corresponding to RE2 and CV are actualy very accurate and might as well be considered as canon, unlike the chapters in Umrela Chronicles'.

The one thing I disliked about the Code Veronica part of that game is the fact that Alexia killed Alfred.

That part really just seemd "off" to me.

Don't get me wrong, I did not like Alfred in the slightest, but I felt that Capcom should have kept it the same instead of having her kill Alfred as opposed to Claire and Steve killing him.

It seemed that she at the very least had a "little" bit of humanity in here because she cared about her brother in the original (she was singing to him after they killed him and stroking his head).

But the new story just made her seem 100% pure evil with zero humanity at all.

Top Bottom