• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) Having trouble

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
I can't seem to kill Nemesis (make him bleed purple) at the first encounter in Hard Mode. At that point all i have is a shotgun with limited ammo and a handgun. Anyone have any tips on how to take him down? Everytime i seem to be caught in his grasp and pushing all of the controllers buttons till my fingers turn cartoon red and pounding and still end up dying. lol i suck at the running around him tactic.:blink:

Mr Sunshine

Don't use the shotgun because it's too slow. Use the gunpowder to create ammo for the handgun instead.(B+B+A or A+A+A if possible)

If I remember right he is left handed. This means that you should always go around by his right hand. You don't have to do a big circle. Shoot him twice. Run by his right hand(while he is swinging his left). Turn around. Shoot him agaim. Repeat.

Don't keep a long distance. He will start running if you do.

Use the shotgun only when he is down. You'll have the time to shoot him two times I think.

EDITED: Grab + Caution or below = Death. Heal yourself as soon as possible. I can't remember if pressing the buttons helps for nemesis(I does for most enemies).

For the second encounter inside the RPD there's a small trick.. You can watch it in youtube if you want.

dodoninja97

Fallen91;74895 said:
Don't use the shotgun because it's too slow. Use the gunpowder to create ammo for the handgun instead.(B+B+A or A+A+A if possible)

If I remember right he is left handed. This means that you should always go around by his right hand. You don't have to do a big circle. Shoot him twice. Run by his right hand(while he is swinging his left). Turn around. Shoot him agaim. Repeat.

Use the shotgun only when he is down. You'll have the time to shoot him two times I think.

EDITED: Grab + Caution or below = Death. Heal yourself as soon as possible. I can't remember if pressing the buttons helps for nemesis(I does for most enemies).

For the second encounter inside the RPD there's a small trick.. You can watch it in youtube if you want.

Interesting tactic.You're good at this ;)

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Fallen91;74895 said:
If I remember right he is left handed. This means that you should always go around by his right hand. You don't have to do a big circle. Shoot him twice. Run by his right hand(while he is swinging his left). Turn around. Shoot him agaim. Repeat..
Ah man, when I ran through this game years ago I didn't notice he was left handed. That would have saved me alot of health. :lol:

codename: HUNK

Fallen91;74895 said:

The shotgun's not too slow. shooting one round and then running will make the battle end much more quickly. Also, shooting him while he is down is a waste of ammo, for it takes no damage out of him while he's down. I quickly learned this the first time I played, for I killed Nemesis every time. I was running low on ammo when I shot him while he was down, and I figured out that it does no damage after attaining the rocket launcher. Two hits will kill him, but you can shoot him three times when he's down, and he'll get up and shake it off. Other than that, I agree with the short distance. He only hits with one hand, so run around the side of him with the arm he doesn't use. Much like with every other boss in the series, the stick and run technique works like a charm. Don't be intimidated, for the slightest hesitation and indescision will get you killed. Don't jump into it all guns blazing, have a carefully laid out plan. Think about any recourses in the area you're fighting him in that can help you or be used as cover. Take full advantage of all the items he drops ( accept for first aid sprays, it lowers your ranking). Don't mix gunpowder until you are running low on bullets and actually know what you need it for. The best gun to use on him is the western syle shotgun, for it packs a decent punch, and it's fast. Good for the stick and run technique. The agnum is good, but it's not going to take him down as quickly as a that shotgun, and with a big guy lik him, you want to take him downas quickly as possible. If you mix enough handgun bullets to make the special ammo, tha's also a good weapon to use. Same with the shotgun rounds, but you'll waste less ammo using regular rounds in the western shotgun than you will making special bullets. If he's running at you, don't run away. Run right toward him and go past him on the side e doesn't hit with. Timing is everything, so if you lse a few times, don't be discouraged, just keep doing it to practice timing. If it helps, save just before each of his appearances, and face him, not with the intent to kill him, but to experiment, moniter his fighting style, and let him get you sometimes to see how you can escae, or how he kills you. It's not the size of your arsinal that will kill him, but the technique you use to dish it out. train yourself, ad when you've mastered your techniques and learned his style, put all your skills together, and you will open up a serious can of woupass.

codename: HUNK

Fallen91;74895 said:

The shotgun's not too slow. Shooting one round and then running will make the battle end much more quickly. Also, shooting him while he is down is a waste of ammo, for it takes no damage out of him while he's down. I quickly learned this the first time I played, for I killed Nemesis every time. I was running low on ammo when I shot him while he was down, and I figured out that it does no damage after attaining the rocket launcher. Two hits will kill him, but you can shoot him three times when he's down, and he'll get up and shake it off. Other than that, I agree with te short distance. He only hits with one hand, so run around the side of him with the arm he doesn't use. Much like with every other boss in the series, the stick and run technique works like a charm. Don't be intimidated, for the slightest hesitation and indescision will get you killed. Don't jump into it all guns blazing, have a carefully laid out plan. Think about any recourses in the area you're fighting him in that can help you or be used as cover. Take full advantage of all the items he drops ( accept for first aid sprays, it lowers your ranking). Don't mix gunpowder until you are running low on bullets and actually know what you need it for. The best gun to use on him is the western syle shotgun, for it packs a decent punch, and it's fast. Good for the stick and run technique. The magnum is good, but it's not going to take him down as quickly as a that shotgun, and with a big guy like him, you want to take him down as quickly as possible. If you mix enough handgun bullets to make the special ammo, that's also a good weapon to use. Same with the shotgun rounds, but you'll waste less ammo using regular rounds in the western shotgun than you will making special bullets. If he's running at you, don't run away. Run right toward him and go past him on the side he doesn't hit with. Timing is everything, so if you lose a few times, don't be discouraged, just keep doing it to practice timing. If it helps, save just before each of his appearances, and face him, not with the intent to kill him, but to experiment, moniter his fighting style, and let him get you sometimes to see how you can escape, or how he kills you. It's not the size of your arsinal that will kill him, but the technique you use to dish it out. Train yourself, and when you've mastered your techniques and learned his style, put all your skills together, and you will open up a serious can of woupass.

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
Thanks HUNK! I'm about to start my second playthrough of Nemesis soon. I'm just waiting until I finish the book, which will probably be today. On my first playthrough I ran from him every time. That freak scares the sh** outa me. The first time I really tried to fight him was at the clock tower. That didn't go so well...

Top Bottom