• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

have you read the resident evil books

hobojoe521

has anybody read the resident evil books(not the resident evil movie novels). its the one with like a six or seven part series, if you havent then i highly recomend it to ANY RE fan. they are really good books.

"Your not a true RE fan until you have read these books"

Mr Sunshine

No! Is their story based on the games or they follow a different route from both the movies and the games?

hobojoe521

no it follows the games, i think. it starts out in the mansion, the first book is called the umbrella conspiracy. but some of the books are nothing like the games. the third one takes place in raccoon city destruction, ones about code veronica. i havent read them all, but since i just remembered them im going to start reading them again.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Yeah, in fact I made a thread about it already...but yes, they are really good.

In Underworld, The Planet.:) Anyway, some great ideas, and are very well written, although they are in a different canon, they are still quite enjoyable.

hobojoe521

Spike991;67360 said:
Yeah, in fact I made a thread about it already...but yes, they are really good

so sorry i always make a double thread, sorry.

but what was your favorite book

tequila

Bottle Lover
Those are hard to find! I had one of the books a few years back, but I forgot which one and had barely started reading it until some dummy from my class, who probably took it from me and never returned it. :(

I went to Borders to see (and was hoping!) to have that book in stock. I was disappointed when they didn't! :(

Now, I'm looking online to see if I can get it directly from the company, because I haven't bought anything on ebay. I'm kind of suspicious with unknown individual vendors, therefore I rarely shop online. :p

Or are there any suggestions/websites who might sell this book, besides ebay?

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
hobojoe521;67389 said:
so sorry i always make a double thread, sorry.

but what was your favorite book

I'm not sure, in terms of origininality, Underworld, I found that Trent character to be pretty interesting, and that novel really delivers for his character.:)

But I also found the first one to be really good...so was City Of The Dead(or Undead?). I really disliked the long chapters in the later novels, but RE0's was really refreshing.

It's tough, but maybe book 4, Underworld.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I have not read the books and I have no interest in reading them. The games are enough for me.

hobojoe521

me too i think either under world or the third one but i havent read the last ones yet si i might like them

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
hobojoe521;67920 said:
me too i think either under world or the third one but i havent read the last ones yet si i might like them

Underworld is book 4, when you say 3rd one, do you mean City Of The Dead, with Leon & Claire?

#1 Umbrella Conspiracy(RE1)
#2 Caliban Cove(original novel)
#3 City Of The Dead(RE2)
#4 Underworld(orignal novel)
#5 Nemesis(RE3)
#6 Code Veronica(Code Veronica)
#7 Zero Hour(Hour)

Haven

I have read 1,2,3 and 4. I'm currently reading the 5th one. Not getting far in it :lol:.

hobojoe521

Spike991;68042 said:
Underworld is book 4, when you say 3rd one, do you mean City Of The Dead, with Leon & Claire?

#1 Umbrella Conspiracy(RE1)
#2 Caliban Cove(original novel)
#3 City Of The Dead(RE2)
#4 Underworld(orignal novel)
#5 Nemesis(RE3)
#6 Code Veronica(Code Veronica)
#7 Zero Hour(Hour)

yes book three city of the dead. oh, thought ill add this, be fore i finished my mom read all the books and she said that city of the dead also, so it seems that #3 or #4 are fan faves

JACKXS

at least jill can pick locks as her skills state insteed of being jiped and it puts in a lot of backgroud that is not clear

the in play in umbrla was intresting i allso was fosle as a atack beast

tequila

Bottle Lover
I'm trying to find the books! They don't sell them at book stores like Borders anymore :9

I read an intro to Umbrella Conspiracies. That's the book I want to get. I usually like to read them in order. I guess I'm wierd like that lol.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@tequila: I'm not sure if you're still looking but I found mine on the internet. (You can get them through Barnes and Noble or Amazon.) I have all of them except City of the Dead--which I'm actually waiting for in the mail--Underworld and Caliban Cove. I decided I'd read the ones based on the games first--though I didn't get to read them in order, I had to get them as I found them--and if I liked them I'd get the original novels later; they're really good.

Top Bottom