• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Operation Raccoon City Has anyone noticed...?

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Has anyone noticed that, while Lupo's supposed to be the leader of Delta Team, Bertha and Vector seem to take charge even when Lupo's part of your squad? I mean, I realize that whatever character you chose is going to be the 'main' character of your story because that's the way the game is set up but I haven't even played as Bertha and she seems more...leader-y than Lupo...

Anyone else notice this?

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I totally noticed this as well.... I didn't know if it was because I was always using Bertha, but her and Vector did seem to dominate most of the cutscenes. I always had Lupo on my team as well and she like... rarely speaks. I noticed she does run ahead, but with the AI it doesn't really help as she tends to get herself killed a lot.

And who always ends up saving her? Me.

I noticed that too. One of the women said they were Delta team leader, but everyone else was calling the shots. I understand teamwork but it seemed at times the others were in control. Maybe it depends on who you pick.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I noticed that too. One of the women said they were Delta team leader, but everyone else was calling the shots. I understand teamwork but it seemed at times the others were in control. Maybe it depends on who you pick.
I totally noticed this as well.... I didn't know if it was because I was always using Bertha, but her and Vector did seem to dominate most of the cutscenes. I always had Lupo on my team as well and she like... rarely speaks. I noticed she does run ahead, but with the AI it doesn't really help as she tends to get herself killed a lot.

And who always ends up saving her? Me.
I noticed that she ends up getting killed a lot too; if someone dies on my team, she's usually first. (Which is strange because Beltway's usually the one who's like: "Hey, I have more powerful weapons, let me take this bad boy on by myself!")

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this, though. I'm not sure if it was because Vector was originally slated to lead Delta Team and they just didn't change the game when they changed the leadership position. (If this is the case, I'm guessing Bertha was his second in command as, when Vector was still being advertised as leader, there were a few publicity shots of him with Bertha in the background - which could explain her leadership-type role in the game.)

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Not sure but I've seen it on various sites that he was supposed to lead the team - and it makes sense considering how much promoting was done using his picture, name and abilities and how little we actually saw of Lupo beforehand. (I didn't even know she existed until the trailer where the Wolfpack is chasing the two RPD officers came out.)

I notice Lupo easily because of her badass mask. They all look like they're on their way to the rave. XD

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Maybe her lack of involvement is because...

SPOILER:
She turns on Umbrella at the end. It seems that there are certain characters who will either go against Leon or side with him and, from my limited game play - I've only played as Vector - Vector and Bertha seem to be more dedicated to the company as it looks like they will side with Umbrella - provided you're not playing as them and choosing differently - and Lupo goes against the company. (Once again, provided you're not playing as her and choosing differently.)

Jakeykins18

Useless
@MagnoliaGrandiflora
Highlight Please (Spoilers) - Yeah I know what you mean. When you trigger the cutscene when you decide to not kill Leon and Claire, Bertha makes to the call to renegotiate the deal. You think they would make the squad leader talk right?

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@MagnoliaGrandiflora
I know, right?
SPOILER: And in the video I saw where you save Leon, Lupo was the other character with her. Even if you were playing as Bertha, Lupo, as leader, should have been the one to call and negotiate.
I actually forget what magazine it was on, but Bertha was on the cover...
I remember seeing one where she was on the cover as well. (And I definitely remember seeing a whole crap load where Vector was on the cover; they used his picture for just about everything.) I think Bertha and Vector were the two characters that were used the most during publicity for the game. (I think I even saw a few trailers early on where you don't even see Lupo, and a few of the others, at all.)

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Oh gosh :p

This is just like where I told somebody "I hate that name" And they said "That's my sisters name"

Awkwardness.
No, it's fine. :) Everyone loves Leon and I loathe him so I know how that is; wouldn't want anyone to feel that way on account of me and my unnatural love for badass men in gas-masks with sexy voices.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Well I hate Leon too. Fighting him in Heroes only makes my hatred for him grow. :p
w00t! We have things in common: we both like Bertha and we both hate Leon.

Now if I can just convince you to like Vector, we'll be twins. (How do you feel about brainwashing? :p)

Top Bottom