• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

ghosts?

Nemesis

On The War-Path
Premium
So you're saying belief in the paranormal is caused by hallucinations that more than one person are sharing at one time? And not everyone would react to asbestos in one specific way. I can understand your views, and if you don't believe in the paranormal I can respect that, but your reasoning is flawed.

I meant to say Carbon Monoxide Poisoning. I messed that part up.

Essentially yes. Or they're mistaking something else as paranormal. Many scientists have come up with many theories behind ghostly sightings. It could be possible for people to experience similar hallucinations at the same time.

I'll always be skeptic towards the paranormal. Even if people say they've experienced it. I need hard proof.
I'm not going to completely diss it. I just have a hard time believing any of it. Which is surprising? I'm normally a sucker for believing things. I always think of the many reasons that could cause an apparition. I'm not going to immediatly assume it's some sort of a haunting. There are reasons for everything. I'd rather think of the reasons/options before I assume something.

I can shamelessly admit my reasoning could be/is flawed. How I think of stuff in my head sometimes turns out different when typed or written out. I'm not very good at reasoning or making replies

I don't think anyone in this thread is mental or anything. just incase you guys thought I might be saying that you are. Many wont agree with my "reasoning". Our views will be different afterall.

I'd rather not get into a debate with anyone. You'll guys will destroy me. I dont want to embarrass myself trying. :)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I meant to say Carbon Monoxide Poisoning. I messed that part up.

Essentially yes. Or they're mistaking something else as paranormal. Many scientists have come up with many theories behind ghostly sightings. It could be possible for people to experience similar hallucinations at the same time.

I'll always be skeptic towards the paranormal. Even if people say they've experienced it. I need hard proof.
I'm not going to completely diss it. I just have a hard time believing any of it. Which is surprising? I'm normally a sucker for believing things. I always think of the many reasons that could cause an apparition. I'm not going to immediatly assume it's some sort of a haunting. There are reasons for everything. I'd rather think of the reasons/options before I assume something.

I can shamelessly admit my reasoning could be/is flawed. How I think of stuff in my head sometimes turns out different when typed or written out. I'm not very good at reasoning or making replies

I don't think anyone in this thread is mental or anything. just incase you guys thought I might be saying that you are. Many wont agree with my "reasoning". Our views will be different afterall.

I'd rather not get into a debate with anyone. You'll guys will destroy me. I dont want to embarrass myself trying. :)
I can actually understand your view on this my friend...And, for the most part, it makes sense...However, It's VERY hard to believe that this is the case with EVERYBODY that has EVER claimed to have a ghoest encounter from the beginning of time...That's like saying "I firmly believe there are NO other life forms in the universe other than humans just because we don't have PROOF of them :)

bruno

Chief Researcher
Let me start by saying that I don't believe i anything paranormal.
First of all, I'm a science person, and science/paranormal stuff are mostly contradictory.
I think sightings by multiple people may be explained by shadows, hanged clothes, pictures, gas reacting and releaseing light, etc. Some of these events usually startle people and they might seem like there's a person, ghost or spirit watching, if it's dark and the people have are in a mindset which makes them open to the suggestion.
The list above can also explain sightings by a single person, although these are most of the times explained by tiredness, use of certain drugs/substances (coffee, energy drinks, tea, medicine, soda, powders, gases, etc), being in presence of some types of illimunation, etc.

That's like saying "I firmly believe there are NO other life forms in the universe other than humans just because we don't have PROOF of them :)

We have proof lots of other life forms exist. Irrational animals, fungi, plants, bacteria, etc.
I believe you mean ectraterrestrial life. I do believe in extraterrestrial life, but I hardly believe it is nearly as complex as the most superior life forms in Earth. And even if they are that or more complex, it's impossible for them to be even slightly resembling of humans (humanoids).

L

Lurker
We have proof lots of other life forms exist. Irrational animals, fungi, plants, bacteria, etc.
I believe you mean ectraterrestrial life. I do believe in extraterrestrial life, but I hardly believe it is nearly as complex as the most superior life forms in Earth. And even if they are that or more complex, it's impossible for them to be even slightly resembling of humans (humanoids).
Them resembling humans is very unlikely, but you're arrogant to think that humans are the "most superior life forms." A lot of species preceded us. Had we been here sooner, we'd be a lot further. A lot of life around the universe has probably been around for a lot longer than us. I'm not saying that all extraterrestrial life is more complex than humans, but to think that humans are the most complex life form is beyond arrogance.

Hoady

No.Anytime i think i see a ghost i check, i always mistake it for an object.The only one time relatively close is when i was when i had sleep paralysis. I could only move my eyes and my body was stiff as a rock. Eyes to the right and i could see a half transparent black figure looking, it grabbed my shoulder and i woke up in the exact same position in the dream.It felt so real that when i woke up it was hard to distinguish between the two. It wasn't that scary,it was much more so after i woke up. The black figure seemed curious, possibly aggressive but felt like it knew it couldn't do anything to me.Well thats the feeling i get from it anyway.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Do they have boobs?
In horror movies they do.

No.Anytime i think i see a ghost i check, i always mistake it for an object.The only one time relatively close is when i was when i had sleep paralysis. I could only move my eyes and my body was stiff as a rock. Eyes to the right and i could see a half transparent black figure looking, it grabbed my shoulder and i woke up in the exact same position in the dream.It felt so real that when i woke up it was hard to distinguish between the two. It wasn't that scary,it was much more so after i woke up. The black figure seemed curious, possibly aggressive but felt like it knew it couldn't do anything to me.Well thats the feeling i get from it anyway.

I don't understand much about this stuff and I don't believe in ghosts, but I believe that creature is similar to "the Slender Man". Just a guess (look it up).

Them resembling humans is very unlikely, but you're arrogant to think that humans are the "most superior life forms." A lot of species preceded us. Had we been here sooner, we'd be a lot further. A lot of life around the universe has probably been around for a lot longer than us. I'm not saying that all extraterrestrial life is more complex than humans, but to think that humans are the most complex life form is beyond arrogance.

By superior/complex life forms I don't refer only to humans, but to superior animals, superior plants and some fungi.
I consider a superior animal as something more complex than an insect, for example (it's harder to define for plants and fungi).
The possibility of there being life is extremely low. It has happened in this planet, which makes it almost unbelievable that it happened somewhere else, since something so rare is very hard to happen more than once. However, the universe is somewhat vast, so there's that possibility.
But the possibility of life evolving the way it did on earth is also very rare, and I don't think it's plausible that, if there is life somewhere else, it may be more complex than Earth's bacteria.
I gave these subjects a lot of thought and I am educated towards biological sciences (but I know a bit of astronomy as well), so I know what I'm talking about.
Sorry for talking about aliens, we should return to the topic.

Top Bottom