• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Game play

Sephiroxas

Chris-new.jpg

Jun Takeuchi, the game’s producer, stated the Resident Evil 5 will feature similar gameplay to Resident Evil 4. The player will control Redfield’s character similarly to how the player controlled Leon Kennedy in Resident Evil 4. Resident Evil 5 includes several abilities originally found in its predecessor, such as being able to deflect thrown projectiles by shooting them. The game’s environment will also play a significant role. For example, if Redfield’s character suffers prolonged exposure to heat, he will begin to see mirages and hallucinations. Also, the game implements various lighting effects. If Redfield’s character moves between bright and dark areas his eyes will have to adjust, causing the player to briefly lose some visual of their surroundings.

The game will also feature new types of enemies. The extended E3 trailer revealed several sequences involving Redfield attacking hordes of fleet-footed enemies, who possessed melee weapons. Takeuchi has also stated the game's enemies will also possess human-like intelligence and awareness. Furthermore, he stated they will be different from the previous zombies and ganados.

In an interview with Xbox360ism, Keiji Inafune briefly stated that the game will feature some online elements.

Taken From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_Evil_5

What do you guys think?

I think the Heat Exposure part sounds cool. :D

JP

From seeing the trailer I can come to a conclusion that RE5 is probably going to be the most intense gameplay in the RE game series. I can't wait to try it out! ;D

Nicholai

For sure, the gameplay is good, we can see it with the last trailer.
The scene when Chris give a punch to a zombie is impressive.
It's more intensive for a game like Resident Evil. I mean, if the Rebirth GC had had the same gameplay, it would have been more scary.

5.0 Pony

Sounds pretty awesome. I was excited about the punching and kicking as well. Granted RE4 had a little of that, but that was one thing that has always bothered me. Why not just kick the zombies. Im excited for it and I will be buying a new console just for this game :D

Sephiroxas

[quote author=5.0 Pony link=topic=72.msg505#msg505 date=1191893567]
Sounds pretty awesome. I was excited about the punching and kicking as well. Granted RE4 had a little of that, but that was one thing that has always bothered me. Why not just kick the zombies. Im excited for it and I will be buying a new console just for this game :D
[/quote]

Leon DOES have a kick option. ;D

Nicholai

But i hope Capcom will add some option to the RE 4's gameplay.
Giving kick and punch can be use only in some situation i think, not when we want to do it.

5.0 Pony

[quote author=Nicholai link=topic=72.msg512#msg512 date=1191950530]
But i hope Capcom will add some option to the RE 4's gameplay.
Giving kick and punch can be use only in some situation i think, not when we want to do it.
[/quote]
Yup, you could only do it when they were stunned or something. I d like to just go out throwin and kickin

5.0 Pony

[quote author=Twilight Hunter link=topic=72.msg530#msg530 date=1192545478]
I just wish it will be ported for Wii!!!
[/quote]

Its too graphic intensive for the Wii methinks.

Nicholai

You don't know dude.
We thought that Game Cube wasn't good for a remake of RE 1. Lot of people said that PS2 will be better for a remake.
But the remake on the Cube kick ass.
Maybe Capcom will do it with RE 5.

REGirlfan

kool i really cant wait to play it.But u will think they would have mentioned the other characters u may play in the game.

Sephiroxas

[quote author=REGirlfan link=topic=72.msg563#msg563 date=1192644197]
kool i really cant wait to play it.But u will think they would have mentioned the other characters u may play in the game.
[/quote]

Why would you play as anyone else? ??? :eek:

Twilight Hunter

[quote author=5.0 Pony link=topic=72.msg560#msg560 date=1192585077]

Its too graphic intensive for the Wii methinks.
[/quote]

Uhm... RE 4? And RE 4 for Wii? me wonders...

5.0 Pony

Well this is a game made for 360 and PS3 not for PS2. The level of graphics and stuff is much higher than RE4 and the like. If they ported it to the Wii, it would need to be completely revamped

Twilight Hunter

Revamped... So? It would be cool for Wii users to get RE 5 (I know I'd like it). Ps2 graphics were inferior to GC's and still they got RE4. Frankly, at this level of realism, I don´t think graphics are the most important thing...

Sephiroxas

No ones saying graphics are important. (at least I'm not, I don't think graphics are all important) They're saying the wii is about the same level as the game cube. (easy to convert Resi 4 over from GC to the wii) But Resident evil 5 is coming out for the 360/ps3 whatever. If they dumbed down the graphics just to get it on the wii, that might diminish game play and story line. They might have to cut things out to make it able to play on the wii. I know I wouldn't like that very much. But if there's no problem, then I don't see anything wrong with releasing Resi 5 for the wii. It's just a matter of how much the wii can handle.

REGirlfan

[quote author=Sephiroxas link=topic=72.msg564#msg564 date=1192644225]
Why would you play as anyone else? ??? :eek:
[/quote]

because u did in other RE games like RE2 u played with leon claire sherry and ada.RE3 u played as jill and carlos, RE:cv u played as claire,chris and steve...u know what im saying lol and RE4 u played with leon and ashley and ada. RE5 i hope its chris, sherry as a 18 year old.I have a funny fealling billy is there.

Top Bottom