• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

G4's 100 Greatest Video Games of All Time

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
You think Forever sucked, I can understand that, but Duke3D, if you think that game is horrible then something is very wrong with you and thats fact.

L

Lurker
You think Forever sucked, I can understand that, but Duke3D, if you think that game is horrible then something is very wrong with you and thats fact.
I think you're obsessed with Duke Nukem. Is it a fact? Probably. Is it still an opinion? Of course. They teach you that in like first grade reading class. Anyway, I'm done ranting against you. I guess I am getting sort of aggressive, so sorry about that.

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
Wii

Wii
Main article: List of best-selling Wii video games
Wii video games that have sold or shipped at least five million copies.
Total Wii games sold as of March 31, 2011: 716.09 million.[94]
Total Virtual Console games sold as of December 31, 2007: over 10 million[95]

To some, the above list will be amazing. But to an experienced gamer like myself, having mario house 7 entries into the top list of sales, screams of a Game company struggling to create new games new ideas.

Lets cut the bull**** here and get to the point.... The little fat italian is good wholesome family entertainment... and parents know they can buy their little darling ANY game with mario in it, and you can leave them to play the console knowing Mario will do nothing to damage your little star's mind.

This is clearly the key to the Mario sales, then there are the older ones who buy Mario games from nostalgia... it's a good marketing ploy, but thats all it is, is good marketing. Mario, despite what the above list says in this post.... just isn't ''THAT'' good.

He was a Little fat unemployed Italian Plumber to me as a child, and still is to this day.

Is there any Mention of Tomb Raider. I remember being unimpressed with Mario and Sonic's continued bickering with their child like rivalry And along came Lara Croft with two big guns, big knockers and an even bigger attitude... I remember the comic strip in the playstation magazine... of her shooting Mario and Sonic dead with her Uzi's whilst they were bickering about who was better...

Ohhhhh Lara.... whatever happened to you.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Ohhhhh Lara.... whatever happened to you.

She's back and hotter than ever! ;) I'm actually excited for the 2013 release and I never really got into the Lara Croft series. Her rebooted character looks amazing!

Anyway as far as that wii list goes... I'm speechless and not in a good way. :p Although I will admit Just Dance is super fun... lol.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
To some, the above list will be amazing. But to an experienced gamer like myself, having mario house 7 entries into the top list of sales, screams of a Game company struggling to create new games new ideas.

The true beauty of the Wii is the hidden gems. There are a few games that I only heard about from word of mouth because they were simply too low profile and too low budget. The two main ones that come to mind are Bit. Trip and Muramasa: The Demon Blades.

While we're on the topic of Wiis, I strongly recommend anyone here who owns one to install the Homebrew channel. It really adds to the potential and versatility of the system. I wrote a walkthrough on how to do it with a Wii that has the latest system update so if you haven't, take a look. Link.

L

Lurker
While we're on the topic of Wiis, I strongly recommend anyone here who owns one to install the Homebrew channel. It really adds to the potential and versatility of the system. I wrote a walkthrough on how to do it with a Wii that has the latest system update so if you haven't, take a look. Link.
I've honestly been wanting a Wii for 2 reasons: to throw away my gamecube and because of homebrew. I'm surprised I haven't bought one yet, considering I've been getting a lot of money lately.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I've honestly been wanting a Wii for 2 reasons: to throw away my gamecube and because of homebrew. I'm surprised I haven't bought one yet, considering I've been getting a lot of money lately.
Throw away your gamecube sure, but you better keep your copy of Sonic Adventure DX my friend! Btw, I still have my GCN...Just can't get rid of it lol...

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
I've got Sonic Adventure on the 360. And this topic practically transformed into a video game general thread.
This is why REnews is the place to be, especially if you are a cat with thumbs.

The residents of RENEWS remind of the cats from Cravendale milk advert.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
I'm surprised that FF VII, Super Mario 64, Skyrim, MGS, Sonic, Resi & Fallout 3 weren't higher up. They are all awesome games.

And where is Half Life 2? Or Jedi Knight II? That's like the best Star Wars game ever made...

Edit: I just noticed Tomb Raider wasn't there either... WTF!?

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Or Jedi Knight II? That's like the best Star Wars game ever made...

Agree on this one at least. I've sunk more hours into playing JK2 online than practically any other game. There are still populated servers, which is saying something for a game that came out in 2001. It may not have as big of a following as other PC games from the time that are still going, but it has a very dedicated fanbase. It should be somewhere on this list for sure.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
I did play 1.04. I don't play any more, though. You can only duel at the pad and ffa in the streets so many times. I think my total was well over 1,000 hours but then again, that hasn't stopped a lot of people from continuing to play.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
I don't really play it anymore either. I've been in the Galaxy Rebels clan for years but we're not really active anymore. Still have to duel server up tho. Sometimes I'll go on Wonko's server to mess around lol. But yea the ppl that do still play just chat and have the odd duel or ffa... does get boring.

Top Bottom