• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 First Time

MeinHerzBrennt

Zombie Butt Kicker
Hello guys/gals!

I'm going to play Professional for the first time (I have finally manned up to do!) I was wondering if you guys can give me tips that would get me through it better. I'd really appreciate it!

Wesker's_heir

The Heir of Albert Wesker
Carry a lot of healing items and save your ammo. Trust me on that. There is nothing worse than having 1 point of health left with no ammo or healing items on pro. :(

MeinHerzBrennt

Zombie Butt Kicker
Wesker's_heir;75267 said:
Carry a lot of healing items and save your ammo. Trust me on that. There is nothing worse than having 1 point of health left with no ammo or healing items on pro. :(

Yea, I don't want to run out of ammo at a crucial part in the game. :p That would suck. Thanks for the advice.:lol:

Wesker's_heir

Fallen91;75268 said:
What's the difference between pro mode of RE 4 and RE 5?

There is only two difficulties on RE4, so basically Pro on RE4 is like Veteran on RE5, only your items don't transfer. So you have to start from the beginning in 4 without a bunch of upgraded weapons.

mastermind

pretty much what you did in the other mode just use the knife more and be alot better at dodging thrown weapons

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
Watch out that you don't get surrounded by your enemies! I read it somewhere that when you're surrounded by Novistrators (for example), that you're basically death...

Btw, wish you good luck with pro mode ;D!

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
IAmEvil;75266 said:
Hello guys/gals!

I'm going to play Professional for the first time (I have finally manned up to do!) I was wondering if you guys can give me tips that would get me through it better. I'd really appreciate it!
Use the knife whenever you can in order to save ammo.

Dos

Wesker's_heir;75271 said:
There is only two difficulties on RE4, so basically Pro on RE4 is like Veteran on RE5, only your items don't transfer. So you have to start from the beginning in 4 without a bunch of upgraded weapons.
Most versions of RE4 have three difficulties- Easy, Normal and Professional. Some versions lack the easy difficulty- if you ask me they all should lack easy as it is absurdly...easy.

Good luck with your pro run, by the way. It won't be at all easy, but if you complete it you'll feel very satisfied. As for tips- save ammo wherever possible by using your knife and melee. It is absolutely essential you do this. Oh, and if you don't save the free rocket launcher from Chapter 3-3, don't even bother trying to kill Verdugo at the end of 4-1- you'll use way too much ammo as on professional he has around 1200 health points...

Wesker's_heir

Dos;75423 said:
Most versions of RE4 have three difficulties- Easy, Normal and Professional. Some versions lack the easy difficulty- if you ask me they all should lack easy as it is absurdly...easy.
Mine only has Normal and Professional. What makes easy mode easier?

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Kagara;75388 said:
Don't go into the Shotgun house at the start of the game until after the mob goes away.
This I'm a little unsure of.

On normal mode, I start with collecting some herbs, grenades and as much Shotgun shells as possible. Then I grab the Shotgun and jump out on the roof. There's a narrow place on the roof where you can defend yourself. It's easy to kill the bunch and Dr. Salvador here on Normal difficulty, and I would try this on Hard difficulty too.
I don't like running around on the ground with enemies and flying axes everywhere. And I'm not too good at defending myself in a house, but you may be better at it.

bruno

Chief Researcher
La Femme Fatale;79186 said:
Lube... oh wait, I mean, yeah - save your ammo like everyone else is saying.

*is alot of help*

:blink: What were you going to say?

Top Bottom