• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Final Fantasy

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
No its definitely not a "hoax" this is for real. I dont think they would get the original voice actors and have the original script writer write a bonus scenario just to pull a hoax on the fans. There is also the new FF X-2.5 novella (also written by Nojima) which takes place between X-2 and the audio drama and sets up some things from the drama episode (Tidus injury, return of the dead etc.).

The "X-2" was just a bad dream thing is the result of a false translation. X-2 definitely is canon and has not been erased retroactively. The ending of X-2 leads into the novella and the novella leads into the audio drama.

And the audio drama ends with Yuna embarking on a new journey along with Lulu, Wakka, Tidus and the two new characters to defeat SIN once more who has returned as a result of what happened in the novella. A setup like that has definitely not been created to just jerk the fans around. Besides nobody said X-3 has to be a game. It could be a novel, an audio-drama, a CG-movie, a comic series (Dark Horse comics is doing a Tomb Raider comic series now which is the official continuation of the new TR game and will set up the sequel) - the possibilities are quite endless really. And as someone who loves the FF X characters and universe more than anything else in the history of gaming I couldnt be more excited about this. I hope we´ll find out soon where this will lead.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
No its definitely not a "hoax" this is for real. I dont think they would get the original voice actors and have the original script writer write a bonus scenario just to pull a hoax on the fans. There is also the new FF X-2.5 novella (also written by Nojima) which takes place between X-2 and the audio drama and sets up some things from the drama episode (Tidus injury, return of the dead etc.).

The "X-2" was just a bad dream thing is the result of a false translation. X-2 definitely is canon and has not been erased retroactively. The ending of X-2 leads into the novella and the novella leads into the audio drama.

And the audio drama ends with Yuna embarking on a new journey along with Lulu, Wakka, Tidus and the two new characters to defeat SIN once more who has returned as a result of what happened in the novella. A setup like that has definitely not been created to just jerk the fans around. Besides nobody said X-3 has to be a game. It could be a novel, an audio-drama, a CG-movie, a comic series (Dark Horse comics is doing a Tomb Raider comic series now which is the official continuation of the new TR game and will set up the sequel) - the possibilities are quite endless really. And as someone who loves the FF X characters and universe more than anything else in the history of gaming I couldnt be more excited about this. I hope we´ll find out soon where this will lead.

don't get me wrong, i'd love to see this happen, but it seems to be the social norm nowadays to do "teasers" and "pranks" :(
i for one, will be jumping for joy if this becomes an official title, whether it's playable or not. i wouldn't say no to a CG movie :)
only time will tell, fingers crossed eh.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
You didnt include RE 4 and Code Veronica on that list? They have been remastered too. Not to mention the awesome RE Revelations. Oh and add the God of War games to that list as well ;) Best action games of all time.

Oh yea, how did I forget to include the GOW games, Code Veronica & Revelations? Lol I actually haven't played RE 4 HD yet but I've played the PS2 and Wii versions. And I totally forget to mention Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 also.

aintnoscrub

Premium
Oh yea, how did I forget to include the GOW games, Code Veronica & Revelations? Lol I actually haven't played RE 4 HD yet but I've played the PS2 and Wii versions. And I totally forget to mention Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 also.
if you've got a steam account you can soon play re4 ultimate hd edition :p

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
My favorite PS3 magazine has finally released their review for Lightning Returns and its pretty much what I expected . They call it a worthy finale for Lightnings saga that feels fresh and new and is very massive but has severe flaws when it comes to story (much like FF XIII-2).

here is their final verdict:

PRO:

-Big, open and atmospheric world

-Motivating gameplay

-excellent, fresh and intuitive battle system

-The great amount of garbs and their variation offer more tactical depht

-Lots of content, high replay value

CON:

- some framerate problems in some areas due to the PS3 being pushed to the absolute limit

-some textures and monster models look a bit shoddy

- story is very predictable and without any real surprises, often dragging along

Final Score: 90 %

ManOfSteel248

Man of Tomorrow
I finished Lightning Returns last week. While I loved the combat it suffered from other problems.

- Terrible textures

- The OST was forgettable. The only worthy tracks were from the previous two entries.

- Side quests were bland

- Story took till the final 5% of the game to pick up.

I still enjoyed it enough to platinum it though

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
I would agree about the story and side quests not being that great. I was a bit disappointed that there were only 4 areas to explore and only 5 main quests. It's smaller than all the other FF games.

I'm close to finishing the game, on day 11. But I'm having trouble beating Aeronite. Finding it hard to deal decent damage to him while he is in the 4th stagger. He usually gets fed up and flys off. Might just leave that battle until NG+.

ManOfSteel248

Man of Tomorrow
Make sure you have lots of ethers and I'd wait till you get the Elixir. Have Deprotect and Imperil ready for the last stagger and just Overclock constantly while using Fira. Use either Soldier of Peace or the SOLDIER 1st Class because of their special attack in the stagger and just chip away

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Thanks for the advice. I actually waited until my 2nd play through to attempt it again and I did beat him on my 1st try. Although it was still a tough battle even though I upgraded my weapons and stats quite a bit.

I made it through the ultimate lair and killed all the last ones with not much trouble at all. The only challenge was Ereshkigal but he was nothing compared to Aeronite imo lol.

Anyway I got the platinum now so I'm happy :)

aintnoscrub

Premium
i've yet to play lightning returns, i've had it since pre-release, but have been distracted by other titles. now i've got stick of truth and dark souls 2, i don't think i'll have time for this. :(

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Tbh I thought Lightning Returns was the weakest out of the FF XIII trilogy. The story was disappointing and it's shorter than the first 2 games. I did like the battle system but I kinda missed using a party. Guess that's why we got the garb system instead.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
So I picked up the FF X/X-2 hd remake the other day. So much nostalgia, FF X was one of my favourite games on ps2 and probably my favourite out of the FF series. I've only been playing FF X but it looks great in hd. Although I gotta say I do prefer the original soundtrack over the remix. And maybe it's just me but does Blitzball seem harder now?

Can't wait to get stuck into the FF X-2 last mission.

L

Lurker
Jesus Christ, nobody ever told me how great Final Fantasy VI actually was. I recently bought it and it's just amazing. The characters are perfect, though one of the only things wrong is that some of the characters just aren't that great to use in battle. For example, Setzer is a really likable character (especially considering his eloquently written letter about his plans to kidnap Maria), but Slots is very risky and all around, not a good skill. When it's compared to Edgar's Chainsaw or Sabin's Blitzes, Setzer really isn't a good character to use at all. Speaking of which, there's also characters that are extremely overpowered, such as Gau, Gogo, and Sabin, and it's really irritating to have to choose them over pure skill when you could choose a character you actually like (Though I do have to admit, Gau is pretty cool.)
All in all, it's a really good game, but the combat system could use some work.

TYLERDM94

The White Wolf
Jesus Christ, nobody ever told me how great Final Fantasy VI actually was. I recently bought it and it's just amazing. The characters are perfect, though one of the only things wrong is that some of the characters just aren't that great to use in battle. For example, Setzer is a really likable character (especially considering his eloquently written letter about his plans to kidnap Maria), but Slots is very risky and all around, not a good skill. When it's compared to Edgar's Chainsaw or Sabin's Blitzes, Setzer really isn't a good character to use at all. Speaking of which, there's also characters that are extremely overpowered, such as Gau, Gogo, and Sabin, and it's really irritating to have to choose them over pure skill when you could choose a character you actually like (Though I do have to admit, Gau is pretty cool.)
All in all, it's a really good game, but the combat system could use some work.
cant get more badass the suplexing a train best part of the whole game

Evil Yuna

"I will live without...false hope."
I love the FF games. It's my favourite rpg series. Can't wait for the X/X-2 HD Remaster :)

I know most people love FF VII but X is my favourite, followed closely by XII (awesome battle system). XIII-2 was fairly decent too.

Finally!Someone who agrees with me. =)

Evil Yuna

"I will live without...false hope."
FFX was the very first RPG i´ve ever played. That story and its characters made me fall in love with the Final Fantasy series. Thought that one was my first,FFXII is the one i enjoy playing the most.Everyone says it´s not emocional like the others and some things like that,but i don´t agree.If you look closelly, there is something beyond the love for your country.I just think people don´t really pay attention to the details and then just decide to badmouth stuff.Another critisized FF is XIII (XIII-2 and Lightning´s return) . Though i wasn´t able to beat the boss of the first and last games,i still think it´s fun to play.Of course every one of them has it´s flaws.There´s no such thing as a perfect game.And that´s that.

Top Bottom