• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Fear You Can't Forget?

A_Wesker123

The Original
Hardly. Seriously as much as i love this game i felt the advertising campaign was a little off. Tbh i can't really think of one single moment that spread fear into my heart. Just wondering if anyone else felt the same? Or differently too.

saznercj

talking about wesker. dont get me wrong wesker is one of my favorite characters int he series and hes awesome but i feel there is something off in the games depiction of him. he looks alittle different, so do all the characters now that i think of it but him in particular. wesker is still badass

A_Wesker123

The Original
Yeah compared to the last-gen Weskers he does look alot different. I think it's due to the better graphics. They were able to do more with him. I mean looking at him in RE5 he looks alot older then he did in the older games. This isn't really due to the fact that obviously as time go on he gets older, but due to the fact that his face has alot more detail on it.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Hardly. Seriously as much as i love this game i felt the advertising campaign was a little off. Tbh i can't really think of one single moment that spread fear into my heart. Just wondering if anyone else felt the same? Or differently too.

I most definitely agree. It's not scary at all. As Die Zombie Die said, they were milking RE's previous reputation for being suspenseful, but this one just didn't work. Even RE 4 had it's creepy moments, but I didn't find 5 to be the least bit frightening.

A_Wesker123

The Original
I think part of it's down to the setting. Bright, sunny environments in the middle of Africa just isn't what i imagine as scary.

RE4 had the right idea in mind with the castle. Not many things are scarier than a big, dark, creepy castle.

MoleMan

I'd have to say that the cave part was pretty suspenseful, considering you're dumba** AI couldn't shine the lantern worth garbage, so I ended up getting screwed in that part with a mob of zombies. It's more suspenseful than scary in this game.

weskerfan

it was scary in the marsh village when the ten foot tall niggers came after you!!

nah just kidding.lol

Ada Wong™

LOL Those huge manjini dudes were insane. I liked them though, freaky deaky. And I agree, Weskers face is very detailed in RE5. But he still looks very attractive. He just got better in my opinion. He better not be dead. ;)

pistolpete

yea it wasnt scarey at all. i wanted some parts like where bad guys jump out at you out of nowhere. i still love that part in RE4 when the guy on fire comes out of nowhere that was so awesome! LOL

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
I gotta admit, Capcom took the right approach by creating a viral marketing campaing. It was very weak however. Compared to Cloverfield's viral marketing, it was poor. There was hardly anything to do with RE5 itself. 'Sheva Knew'... WTF? She looked like she was told nothing!

saznercj

heres my two pennies, fear you can't forget is great advertising for the theme of the commercial, yes they are playing off of the history and nostalgia of the series in general. people complain that the newer games are scary anymore. the new games create the same stress and excitement for me personally. play on pro and see if you dont stress jump or bug out once. i dont think that there was ever real fear in the series but rather the same old sketchy jumpy eyes in the back of your head, but only the first time through or on the hardest difficulty. even in the older games after you play through once or even twice you know whats up your not scared. leave the commercials alone i think their cool jsut take em with a grain of salt

flame on!!

Jill

i got scared when the majini came out of the box's LoL whats capcom on that wont scare anyone more like a 2 year old

Top Bottom