• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Fear You Can't Forget?

weskerfan

residentevil#1;34116 said:
so did u!!! ur lucky u don't know what F.U.N. stands for! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOL LOL! it is so funny!

NIGGAS!! JK JK JK:lol:

in the game RE5,i guess it means Fast Undead Niggers!

residentevil#1

ok the F stands for F*** U stands for you. and the N stands for nigga! LOL do u get it now!!!!!! and me and my sis made it up so anyone who copies will be sued and go 2 prison LOL LOL JK JK

residentevil#1

if there are any black people here no offense! we r just having FUN!! LOL FUN! lol i am sorry 4 all the niggas out there! sorry! sorry! i tink i should stop! look people i am not racist i just like having fun! sorry!
(don't worry black people r cool)

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
if there are any black people here no offense! we r just having FUN!! LOL FUN! lol i am sorry 4 all the niggas out there! sorry! sorry! i tink i should stop! look people i am not racist i just like having fun! sorry!
(don't worry black people r cool)

Am I missing something here? 'Cause I'm pretty sure I've never seen anyone use that particular ethnic slur so openly and without reserve. I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but come on hun, you're being very rude and it's not funny at all. One of the reasons I joined this forum was because the members seemed nice and respectful, and those remarks reflect incredibly poorly on the forum altogether.

If that's your idea of 'fun', perhaps you need to get out more.

Anyway, let's get back to the thread's topic, shall we? Anyone else have any input as to why Capcom marketed RE 5 with these slogans?

Jill

La Femme Fatale;34128 said:
Am I missing something here? 'Cause I'm pretty sure I've never seen anyone use that particular ethnic slur so openly and without reserve. I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but come on hun, you're being very rude and it's not funny at all. One of the reasons I joined this forum was because the members seemed nice and respectful, and those remarks reflect incredibly poorly on the forum altogether.

If that's your idea of 'fun', perhaps you need to get out more.

Anyway, let's get back to the thread's topic, shall we? Anyone else have any input as to why Capcom marketed RE 5 with these slogans?
so true well i think capcom said it cuz to make people buy the game and it worked then people found out it wasn't scary

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I've found the same thing that happened with the movies; I remember for the first two, the cast members and the directors were saying that the movies were so frightening that it would give viewers nightmares... um, exagerate much?

I think since RE 4 and the films, RE has kinda lost its ability to scare, unfortunetly.

Ada Wong™

Omfg you people are racist. In a funny weird way of course. Femme, you have a point though, hun.

And your absolutely right, RE5 isn't scary.

Jill

Ada Wong™;34132 said:
Omfg you people are racist. In a funny weird way of course. Femme, you have a point though, hun.

And your absolutely right, RE5 isn't scary.
RE4 was scary to me

Aus.Zombie

I wish they had of made RE 4 and RE 5 scarier though like make more enemies jump out at you etc.. (the scariest part of all RE games was in RE3 when the zombies brake through the car door o_O)

Ada Wong™

Aus.Zombie;34141 said:
I wish they had of made RE 4 and RE 5 scarier though like make more enemies jump out at you etc.. (the scariest part of all RE games was in RE3 when the zombies brake through the car door o_O)

Without doubt! I hated that! RE2, when zombies used to break through the boarded windows made me freak out, one, too many times

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
RE 4 did have its moments, especially in the castle and island areas... however, I found overall that it lacked that suspenseful tension of the previous games. I think that once a game becomes too action-oriented (4 & 5) it does run the risk of not being as suspenseful or scary.

And, as A_Wesker mentioned earlier on in the thread, most of the other RE's occured during night hours... RE 5 was in broad daylight, which probably lessened any scares it could of had.

Jill

what scared me in re3 was when nemesis pops out of the window i know its going to happen but i get scared anyway lol

whickus

i think a big part of the lack of suspense is because most bosses or tough enemies are introduced during a cutscene. during a cutscene, you have no control (except the button mashing parts) so psychologically, you don't care what happens and the fear factor is removed. for example; the first uroboros you fight in 1-2. the action stops and a cutscene takes over that shows it falling from the ceiling. this way, you see the enemy first and you know a boss fight is coming up. it would have been a hell of a lot scarier if it just dropped out of the ceiling right in front of you as you were still running. no cut scene, just BAM! here's a monster. fight it or die.

Jill

whickus;34167 said:
i think a big part of the lack of suspense is because most bosses or tough enemies are introduced during a cutscene. during a cutscene, you have no control (except the button mashing parts) so psychologically, you don't care what happens and the fear factor is removed. for example; the first uroboros you fight in 1-2. the action stops and a cutscene takes over that shows it falling from the ceiling. this way, you see the enemy first and you know a boss fight is coming up. it would have been a hell of a lot scarier if it just dropped out of the ceiling right in front of you as you were still running. no cut scene, just BAM! here's a monster. fight it or die.
yeah thats true that would be scary

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I also found in RE 5 that most of the major bosses kinda looked the same as well. Apart from Wesker, I did not find any of them to be particularly memorable.

Top Bottom