• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favourite Bad Movies

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
There are lots of bad movies out there. Some are bland and boring, some are gloriously bad, and some are insulting to the viewer's intelligence. If it's a sequel it may even betray the rules of an established universe, or worse: ignore its own rules that it sets up for itself.
But what about those bad movies that we like? Movies that we celebrate for being horrendous? Movies with misguided execution, nonsensical storylines, bizarre characters, stiff and cheesy dialogue, and totally stupid conclusions. Movies that despite glaring flaws and being panned universally by critics, we can't help but love because of their flaws.
So-Bad-They're-Good Movies, Good Bad Movies, or simply our favourite bad movies.

My favourite bad movie is Highlander 2: The Quickening.
The original Highlander was a cult film phenomenon. After a short theatrical run and a botched advertising campaign from Twentieth Century Fox, Highlander quickly found itself with new life of home video. (How very apropos for a movie about an immortal, sword-fighting Scotsmen). With all its popularity on VHS, it was inevitable that a sequel be made to launch what was once a one-off movie into a franchise. What Highlander fans got in 1991 was a complete mess of a sequel. Changing the mythology of the series, making the immortals aliens, answering questions no one really wanted answers to, giants plotholes and all in a poorly edited, schizophrenic package. With that being said, however, it's also pretty damn funny if you leave your brain turned on. From cackling alien morons on hoverboards to terrible composite shots to ridiculous character motivations, and scenery chewing from the likes of Michael Ironside, John C. McGinley and Sean Connery... you have yourself a very entertaining movie.

But anyway, what are some of your favourite bad movies?

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
The live-action Resident Evil movies. I love to hate them. They're so horrible they're funny. I still don't understand anything about stupid Alice, the plot makes no sense to me. All the costumes from the games they decided to put in look like horrible cosplays, and most don't make sense with what's going on in the movie. They totally twisted the game characters around and removed their personalities. Horrible, but if my family is watching one, I always have to watch too so I can complain the whole time.

KevinStriker

The live-action Resident Evil movies. I love to hate them. They're so horrible they're funny. I still don't understand anything about stupid Alice, the plot makes no sense to me. All the costumes from the games they decided to put in look like horrible cosplays, and most don't make sense with what's going on in the movie. They totally twisted the game characters around and removed their personalities. Horrible, but if my family is watching one, I always have to watch too so I can complain the whole time.

Fun fact: The director of Highlander 2 also directed Resident Evil: Extinction.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Well, he directs consistently good music videos, and the first Highlander was a great movie. And he also directed thirty episodes of Teen Wolf, I don't know if you like that.

I'll give him credit for the music videos. I've never seen Teen Wolf. I'm guessing it's about... teen wolves, though...? xD

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Deuce Bigalow Male Gigolo
He charges 10$ but he's willing to negotiate xD

LMFAO!!! THESE! I never met a person that didn't like them or didn't find that they were funny. They exceeded in what they were meant to be. Both of them are hilarious.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
American Werewolf in London
I didn't realize it was a bad movie lol. I love it!

The Star Wars prequels. When you compare them to the original trilogy they just DON'T stack up. By all accounts, Ewan McGregor saved those films! They dialogue isn't as good, an over abundance of characters, and not enough Darth Maul...But somehow, I still absolutely love them...Revenge of the Sith being my second favorite Star Wars movies out there...

KevinStriker

American Werewolf in London

I didn't realize it was a bad movie lol. I love it!

If I recall correctly, in an interview John Landis said that his script for An American Werewolf in London was why he got so many directing jobs in his earlier years, because producers were impressed at his mix of horror and comedy.

That's got to say something for its quality.

My only real complaint is that the ending is too abrupt. Like, series finale of The Sopranos cut-to-black, abrupt.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
If I recall correctly, in an interview John Landis said that his script for An American Werewolf in London was why he got so many directing jobs in his earlier years, because producers were impressed at his mix of horror and comedy.

That's got to say something for its quality.

My only real complaint is that the ending is too abrupt. Like, series finale of The Sopranos cut-to-black, abrupt.
I can agree with that. I remember watching the movie for the first time and thinking "What the f*ck...It's over...Just like that?"

Top Bottom