• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

end the movie series with the 6th movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
But I though Julia would great as jill. She's the splitting image of her.
Looks aren't everything. Far from it. I'd MUCH rather someone who can act and convince me of the character portrayed in the game, than someone who looks IDENTICAL but but isn't convincing at all...

Turo602

The King of Kings
Or how about someone who looks the part and can act it as well? Looks are still important when portraying an established character. Otherwise, what's the point?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Or how about someone who looks the part and can act it as well? Looks are still important when portraying an established character. Otherwise, what's the point?
I'm not saying looks aren't important at all...But take Sienna Guillory for example. She looked enough like Jill and was a decent actress to be one of the best of the game adapted movie characters. You need people who can do BOTH. And besides, it's set in a different universe. They don't have to look alike at all at the end of the day when you think of it like that. Peter Parker looks different from one marvel universe to another. Hell, in Ultimate Spider-Man, Spider-Man isn't even Peter Parker, he's a black kid named Miles Morales, but he's still Spider-Man, all because in a different universe anything can change or be different.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I'm not saying looks aren't important at all...But take Sienna Guillory for example. She looked enough like Jill and was a decent actress to be one of the best of the game adapted movie characters. You need people who can do BOTH. And besides, it's set in a different universe. They don't have to look alike at all at the end of the day when you think of it like that. Peter Parker looks different from one marvel universe to another. Hell, in Ultimate Spider-Man, Spider-Man isn't even Peter Parker, he's a black kid named Miles Morales, but he's still Spider-Man, all because in a different universe anything can change or be different.

Sienna Guillory was fine as Jill Valentine, mainly due to the fact that Jill's face hasn't been consistent in video games. So you really can't peg her down. I know it's pretty much impossible to get carbon copies of fictional characters on the big screen. I want actors that give the illusion of the role they're playing. Much like the latest Superman film. If they would have cast anyone other than Henry Cavill that didn't look the part but has great acting experience, then I'd be ****ed. A decision like that could seriously make or break a film adaptation based solely on how the lead may look. Not that I'm trying to downplay the acting chops necessary to making the actors even more believable because really, you can't have one without the other.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for creative differences, so long it fits within the realm of the fiction being used. But a different universe isn't why I go to see superhero or video game movies. I don't care for some director's take on something I value. It's about seeing a world brought to life in the best way possible.

BTW, Miles Morales sucks. Different universe or not, Marvel ****ed up.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Sienna Guillory was fine as Jill Valentine, mainly due to the fact that Jill's face hasn't been consistent in video games. So you really can't peg her down. I know it's pretty much impossible to get carbon copies of fictional characters on the big screen. I want actors that give the illusion of the role they're playing. Much like the latest Superman film. If they would have cast anyone other than Henry Cavill that didn't look the part but has great acting experience, then I'd be ****ed. A decision like that could seriously make or break a film adaptation based solely on how the lead may look. Not that I'm trying to downplay the acting chops necessary to making the actors even more believable because really, you can't have one without the other.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for creative differences, so long it fits within the realm of the fiction being used. But a different universe isn't why I go to see superhero or video game movies. I don't care for some director's take on something I value. It's about seeing a world brought to life in the best way possible.

BTW, Miles Morales sucks. Different universe or not, Marvel ****** up.
Oh I agree that hey need to look similar. I really do. I'd be ****ED if the dude looked NOTHING alike. I mean, take Chris in RE: Afterlife...That guy was already a TERRIBLE actor, and he didn't even LOOK like Chris...I think that Chris has been the worst adaption of a game character in a movie...I'm glad he wasn't in the 5th one, even though I wish that was properly explained, which it wasn't...

NOUN0001

I would like to write a Paul W. S. Anderson's Resident Evil movie.
I have a couple of ideas to contribute to the Resident Evil movie franchise.
I have this unique idea to bring new a new main character.
This new main character is named Jenna.
She might become like Alice overtime.
I am thinking of writing the story.
What do all of you think about all this? Give me your suggestions.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I would like to write a Paul W. S. Anderson's Resident Evil movie.
I have a couple of ideas to contribute to the Resident Evil movie franchise.
I have this unique idea to bring new a new main character.
This new main character is named Jenna.
She might become like Alice overtime.
I am thinking of writing the story.
What do all of you think about all this? Give me your suggestions.

No.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
...They're ok...But Alice is the most hated RE character of all time..>Why create another one. Turo and I are FAMOUS for being at each other's throats all the time...But I have to agree with him here...No.

NOUN0001

...They're ok...But Alice is the most hated RE character of all time..>Why create another one. Turo and I are FAMOUS for being at each other's throats all the time...But I have to agree with him here...No.

Do you like the Alice character being in the Resident Evil movies?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
When did you start feeling this way?
I've always felt this way. I love the RE movies, but I HATE Alice as a character. Now, I think Milla Jovovich is a good actress...It's simply the CHARACTER that I think is an insult to everything RE stands for...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
What makes her insulting?
RE is about Survival. That's it. HUMANS surviving against something that cannot be beat. Alice doesn't survive. She's a super-powered monster that can handle anything in the blink of an eye. She knows martial arts, has a healing factor, is super smart...She has NO fear, and that's what the games were supposed to induce. Fear...She ruins all that RE is with her presence.

NOUN0001

The 1st videogame, Resident Evil, was not scary to me; it was very campy with a bit of action.
The 2nd videogame, Resident Evil 2, was more towards action; it was still campy.
The 3rd videogame, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, was when the action was in your face so-to-speak; it was still campy.
The 4th videogame, Resident Evil: Sole Survivor, was similar to Resident Evil 2 videogame & Resident Evil 3: Nemesis; they are action videogames to me.
Resident Evil: Code Veronica had a tiny bit of action; it was campy.
Resident Evil: Outbreak File#1 was action-like; it was campy.
Resident Evil: Outbreak File#2 was action-like; it was campy.
The Resident Evil 4 videogame was really the first full-blown action Resident Evil videogame.
The videogame Resident Evil 5 was an action videogame.
The Operation: Raccoon City was an action videogame.
The videogame Resident Evil 6 was an action videogame.
Does this mean anything to you?

Turo602

The King of Kings
You do not like the Paul W. S. Anderson RE movies, Turo602?

The movies are okay, your ideas just suck.

I don't mind the movies, they're dumb fun in a familar universe but still a raping of the Resident Evil franchise. I know it's hard to adapt a horror game into a movie, since they both thrive on different elements, but the movies are still way out of hand.

The 1st videogame, Resident Evil, was not scary to me; it was very campy with a bit of action.
The 2nd videogame, Resident Evil 2, was more towards action; it was still campy.
The 3rd videogame, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, was when the action was in your face so-to-speak; it was still campy.
The 4th videogame, Resident Evil: Sole Survivor, was similar to Resident Evil 2 videogame & Resident Evil 3: Nemesis; they are action videogames to me.
Resident Evil: Code Veronica had a tiny bit of action; it was campy.
Resident Evil: Outbreak File#1 was action-like; it was campy.
Resident Evil: Outbreak File#2 was action-like; it was campy.
The Resident Evil 4 videogame was really the first full-blown action Resident Evil videogame.
The videogame Resident Evil 5 was an action videogame.
The Operation: Raccoon City was an action videogame.
The videogame Resident Evil 6 was an action videogame.
Does this mean anything to you?

Watch out guys, we have a badass here! The fact that you even use spin-offs to "prove" your point is a sign of how desperate you are to even create a point. Even then, how does any of that even relate to the fact that the Anderson films are nothing like the games, and even when they try to be, they fail at it?

NOUN0001

RE is about Survival. That's it. HUMANS surviving against something that cannot be beat. Alice doesn't survive. She's a super-powered monster that can handle anything in the blink of an eye. She knows martial arts, has a healing factor, is super smart...She has NO fear, and that's what the games were supposed to induce. Fear...She ruins all that RE is with her presence.
I have to disagree with you on what you think you know about Resident Evil. I'll explain in more depth. The Resident Evil Franchise started as a action-horror-survival videogame, right. To say that Resident Evil is about "survival", yeah. Yeah, it is. It would not be "Resident Evil" without "survival". I don't have a clue what "Resident Evil" would be without "survival". But, I have to disagree with you about what you think you know about the Resident Evil franchise as a whole when it comes to "horror" (creating fear) & survival (surviving), whatever. When it comes to the movies, the movies are still using concepts from The Resident Evil Bible/s--the source material/s--of the videogame/s world/s. If you think every Resident Evil videogame is canon to each other, then, that would be wrong to think that; they are not obviously, but, that do not mean also that a Resident Evil/s videogame does/can connection to another Resident Evil/s. The Alice character is already in the videogame world before the first movie was made. You should be telling me this than me telling you this. Do you know what character/s she is in the Resident Evil videogame world/s? The movie main character Alice isn't as powerful as you think. (The-Resident-Evil-3:-Nemesis-Jill-Valentine-Version-Of-Jill-Valentine had destroyed Nemesis - Later on Jill Valentine became a Super-Soldier with Albert Wesker becoming one before the Resident Evil: Code Veronica vide0game, right) Even with her power, Alice can still be hurt physically. Watch each and every movie multiple of times to see this if not already; it's very obvious if you keep an open-mind to what you can see in all of the Resident Evil films. This is not what i think, but I know this, that, Resident Evil wasn't meant to be a horror videogame franchise. video-gamers, or people who think their video-gamers, or both, want a "dream movie". That's what you want, right? If that's what you want, it'll never happen, sorry. Whatever. A dream-Resident-Evil-movie will never happen. Even George Romero could not even do it, and, George Romero was the guy who has the most experience with "survival horror", (laugh). Look at the Silent Hill videogames, for example. Now, that's psychological horror, to me, mixed with physical horror (& gore). The Silent Hill videogames are not at all scary. They too fall under "campy" to me. If you think (as well as feel when seeing/hearing/thinking about/dreaming about) that the Resident Evil videogame/s is/are scary, or, think they should be scary, then, that would really mean that you are not really into anything-and-everything Resident Evil, be it, the Resident Evil movies; be it, the Resident Evil videogames; be it, the other Resident Evil novels--and such and such; be it, both videogames and movies, or whatever "Resident Evil". I get what the movies are doing. I get the videogames too. I get what the Resident Evil book novels and graphic novels and the movie novels are. Can you say the same thing? I know you cannot say the same thing as I told you just now about-that I get Resident Evil. The Mansion (in the first videogame Resident Evil) is not Resident Evil. Resident Evil is not about what you tend to have "survival" as, hence, The Undead-and/or-zombies. None of that is Resident Evil, but, that does not mean that Resident Evil can never have those things; it does have those things. But those things do not make it Resident Evil. I will tell you what Resident Evil means. Resident Evil means that you cannot trust no one. That's the theme of everything Resident Evil. You have just learned something today.

NOUN0001

The movies are okay, your ideas just suck.

I don't mind the movies, they're dumb fun in a familar universe but still a raping of the Resident Evil franchise. I know it's hard to adapt a horror game into a movie, since they both thrive on different elements, but the movies are still way out of hand.

Watch out guys, we have a badass here! The fact that you even use spin-offs to "prove" your point is a sign of how desperate you are to even create a point. Even then, how does any of that even relate to the fact that the Anderson films are nothing like the games, and even when they try to be, they fail at it?
So... (laugh) In other words: You are saying that you like/love campy stuff. If that is the case, you have nothing to offer, to me, on Resident Evil as a whole, hence, you are not really into anything-and-everything Resident Evil. If that is the case, then, that's cool; whatever.

Turo602

The King of Kings
So... (laugh) In other words: You are saying that you like/love campy stuff. If that is the case, you have nothing to offer about Resident Evil as a whole.

So... (laugh) in other words: You are saying that you like/love sh*tty movies. If that is the case, you should stop having opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom