• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

END OF THE WORLD!

D

Deleted member 1428

Wait wait, one of my teachers tole me something about this thng where it says in The Bible about "the stars will fall from the sky" thing. He said that it won't neccesarily be stars but meteors or something and something about the asteroid belt.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
Theres alot of theories regarding how it will happen, it just depends if you believe it. I for one don't.

If I had a dollar for everytime the world was suppose to end, I would have enough money to buy my own planet to run to for when this world really does end. XD

aintnoscrub

Premium
Haha thats a fair point.perhaps its about time to cash in those dollars in the event that 2012 is the end :p

aintnoscrub;50114 said:
Haha thats a fair point.perhaps its about time to cash in those dollars in the event that 2012 is the end :p

Do you really think so? They say the the Mayan calendar or whatever it is has always been right.

D

Deleted member 1428

*Shrugs* It has been right on some occasions but I don't really believe them.

aintnoscrub

Premium
I heard it has been right, but the calander ends on the date, it doesnt actually predict the end of the world, they have interpretated that to mean the end. i can't see how a calander that stops on one date, can actually mean the end.

dark_zero

013;50125 said:
Do you really think so? They say the the Mayan calendar or whatever it is has always been right.

yeah been watchin alot of those types of vids on youtube at first i was really into it and thought maybe some of those things were going to happen but now that i think about it it prolly wont

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
ChrisRedfield1994;50053 said:
The calendar ENDS on December 23rd 2012. It's like the Gregorian calendar. It will end. Then, people will say 'THE WORLD'S GONNA END!!!!'. Jesus. I went to Mexico to the Mayan ruins and saw a replica of the Mayan Calendar. They never predicted the world would end in 2012.
So that explains it. It just flippin ends. That was the case with the Gregorian calendar too? Good points.

aintnoscrub;50056 said:
a single calendar does not control the world, and just because it stops, by no means, means the world will stop!
Good point that too. I have a watch that stopped quite some time ago, and all of my calendars that I've had throughout the years ended on Dec. 31th.
Nor the watch nor the calendars ended the world. :D

EternalImpaler;50071 said:
I personally think it won't end. The govt. is just trying to get everyone scared.
Has anyone heard about these temperature control meters they're putting on houses now? They "allow" the government to control our houses temp. Sounds like a bad idea.
Governments never tries to scare people, they always do the opposite. Especially when we ARE at risk.

And I never heard of that temperature control. Can you please explain a bit more what you are talking about?

wpstudart

I'm alive, NICE :D, but I doubt they can do something that can wipe out the whole world. Even Suicide Bombers would do that. And I heard that it can't do the black hole, just some black energy (Dunno what this means, but I heard this..)

D

Deleted member 1428

People believe the Mayans because they were a very advanced mathematical civilazation. They had the calendars and things so I guess that's why they do. But the mayans were predicting either the end or the start of a new era..

http://www.disastercountdown.com/event/mayan/

I think that was the correct link to the Mayan end of days stuff. It also contains many other pending disasters...

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Romero;50141 said:
Governments never tries to scare people, they always do the opposite. Especially when we ARE at risk.
No. While I don't believe it's correct in the context that EternalImpaler used as I've never heard an official word from the government stating that the world will end in 2012, it's no secret that governments do try to scare their people all the time, it's how they get support in difficult times. 9/11 is the best example I can think of from the top of my head... the American government had everyone scared sh*tless. Bush pulled out the 'axis of evil' speech and told us all that Iraq had WMD. He used fear to convince his citizens that this what they had to do to keep them safe, and everyone believed him. It's used primarily to gain support- if you have everyone fearing something else, they're obviously more likely to offer support to the people claiming to want to keep them safe. So, to say that governments never use fear is just not very accurate.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
wpstudart;50157 said:
just some black energy
It's just black magic. ;)

La Femme Fatale;50164 said:
No. While I don't believe it's correct in the context that EternalImpaler used as I've never heard an official word from the government stating that the world will end in 2012, it's no secret that governments do try to scare their people all the time, it's how they get support in difficult times. 9/11 is the best example I can think of from the top of my head... the American government had everyone scared sh*tless. Bush pulled out the 'axis of evil' speech and told us all that Iraq had WMD. He used fear to convince his citizens that this what they had to do to keep them safe, and everyone believed him. It's used primarily to gain support- if you have everyone fearing something else, they're obviously more likely to offer support to the people claiming to want to keep them safe. So, to say that governments never use fear is just not very accurate.
That's right, there are exceptions. But what you talk about is fear of things that can happen (terrorist attack etc). (A meteor strike is also something that can happen, but scaring people would not benefit the governments.)

When an accident or disaster already has happened, gubment will do whatever they can to prevent panic, even tell lies. I remember the Tsjernobyl (English spelling Chernobyl?) powerplant meltdown. Radioactive rain fell over most of Europe. Governments denied it or did not talk the truth about the dangers. France denied radioactive rainfall (lie), Norway did not deny the radioactive rain, instead they changed the radioactivity safe limit so that the people thought that they were safe, and could safely eat the radioactive food products (meat).

This is the kind of things I had in mind when I say that governments lies about risks. They tries to scare people if it can gain them support, be it terrorist attack or global warming.

L

Lurker
how can they predict what didnt happen. use the massive satelite they have? well they have to understand... THERES NO GOD DAMN GRAVITY IN SPACE.

L

Lurker
... theres a planeterial force of gravity in space but thats like only a few 100 miles off the planet.

Top Bottom