• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Operation Raccoon City E3 Resident Evil ORC

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
I knew it. It didn't really look logical for those trained, Umbrella soldiers to kill just a rookie cop who doesn't even know a **** about the Umbrella and co. I also wonder how people came up with that. Only because Leon was in the trailer in the last few seconds. I think he'll be in the game, but I think that Capcom put him in the trailer, just to show people that the game really took place at somewhere in RE2.

Edit: Hey, didn't saw that video, but one +point is that you can get infected!

Well there was one guy who said in an early interview that the goal was to kill Leon. But I'm glad to learn that we will meet multiple characters, see events from a new perspective, and get the chance to change how these events play out by killing characters.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
My question is is ther ONE cannon version of it...ONE cannon ending or is the game non cannon all together...

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
My question is is ther ONE cannon version of it...ONE cannon ending or is the game non cannon all together...

Its kind of unclear. But according to an E3 interview you can leave things the way they happened, or you can change RE history by doing things like killing Leon. But its still unknown what effects doing these things will have on the story in the game. I'm guessing, given that the goal is to cover Umbrella's tracks, killing Leon won't change the story much, if at all.

TheMixedHerb

別れ.
I imagine it would be a trophy/achievement thing or just something to please fans, since killing protagnists is fun.

As for the canon idea, I'd imagine that some parts could be canon but I wouldn't think too much of it will be unless they felt like retconning more stuff into the Raccoon City episode. I could be wrong or mistaken because to be honest I haven't really looked into this that much.

Hoady

Cool as!As long as the original company is still making the game(I'm looking at you Silent Hill...) then they can do as they wish.I'm obviously getting this, just looks wild fun.Although i have 1 big gripe...if its going to be all out action you think they could put more zombies on screen because it doesn't feel hectic enough to me.You look at Dead Rising and Left 4 Dead you think they could squeeze in a few more.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Cool as!As long as the original company is still making the game(I'm looking at you Silent Hill...) then they can do as they wish.I'm obviously getting this, just looks wild fun.Although i have 1 big gripe...if its going to be all out action you think they could put more zombies on screen because it doesn't feel hectic enough to me.You look at Dead Rising and Left 4 Dead you think they could squeeze in a few more.

Well we have seen little gameplay footage...maybe there are parts thats just swarm after swarm...

aoshi

I am looking forward to revelations. I believe this game is a spinoff like devil may cry is currently in progress. Since it does not involve any story, I dont think i am goin to be drawn in this game.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I am looking forward to revelations. I believe this game is a spinoff like devil may cry is currently in progress. Since it does not involve any story, I dont think i am goin to be drawn in this game.

Do you mean to say RER has no relevance to the story...if so i beleive youre wrong...it just isn't so in depth that you'll have needed to play the others...but it will be a cannon game...

aoshi

The game lurks around killing leon. The game is also supposed to have alternate endings like splinter cell double agent. How can leon getting killed be cannon?I don' t think so.

I am not sure which alternate ending can be treated cannon. Game is jus a spin off i believe.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
The game lurks around killing leon. The game is also supposed to have alternate endings like splinter cell double agent. How can leon getting killed be cannon?I don' t think so.

I am not sure which alternate ending can be treated cannon. Game is jus a spin off i believe.

The game's ending definitely will have 0 bearing on the established canon.

This story has already been confirmed as a "what if" type of "spinoff" game.

It will have its own story and outcome but It should not be confused as being canon in the established timeline since obviously killing someone like Leon or Jill for example would erase games like RECV,RE4,and RE5, that is if the game was trully "canon" in the established timeline.

Rammlied

This game is going to be a huge Time Sinker for me. Can't wait. God it's been a long time since i posted on this forum.

Top Bottom