• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Do you think..

Ryan

We will ever get a remake of Resident Evil 2?

Hopefully Capcom give us a remake because the game is superb. Will the graphics in the next gen consoles we could be in for a treat. If they ever did remake RE2 I would prefer if they used the old control system as I just feel the newer one from RE4 and RE5 is far to action packed and doesn't feel like Survival Horror at all.

Your thoughts?

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
apparently RE2 remake is in the pipeline so to speak..well its been discussed at capcom, after the series has finished..i would personally like to see it with the REmake/RE0 engine. cuz that basically uses orginal controls with sik graphics.
but then again, i wouldnt RE4/5 perspective on the game, however you are right, they are too action packed now, and it doesnt feel like your playing a survival horror.

Ryan

iHadeSsS;23930 said:
apparently RE2 remake is in the pipeline so to speak..well its been discussed at capcom, after the series has finished..i would personally like to see it with the REmake/RE0 engine. cuz that basically uses orginal controls with sik graphics.
but then again, i wouldnt RE4/5 perspective on the game, however you are right, they are too action packed now, and it doesnt feel like your playing a survival horror.

So is the series coming to an end soon?

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
i do hope so, before resident evil gets completely ruined, and turned into a whole new game and loses all its original value..
i do not know for sure when it will end, thats just what a spokesman said..so0 maybe in a year or 2.

Ryan

iHadeSsS;23974 said:
i do hope so, before resident evil gets completely ruined, and turned into a whole new game and loses all its original value..
i do not know for sure when it will end, thats just what a spokesman said..so0 maybe in a year or 2.

Im saddened to say but I actually agree with you. In games such as RE4 and the looks of RE5, it seems to have started as a fantastic Survival Horror game to an all Action Packed Horror game. ITS FOLLOWING THE FOOTSTEPS OF THE MOVIES! The movies are the same in the sense that there is no Survival Horror involved, the cheesy action music where Jill comes into the Police Station is terrible and just isn't what you would find in a RE game. We want Survival Horror Back!

Hoady

They've been talking about a remake, it will be discussed after Resident Evil 5 is fully shipped and the maker can have a rest(well apparently).Hes aware people want it, i missed out so it would be beyond awesome if it was done.Theres articles around about i havent heard anything since like november though.

Ryan

Hoady;24149 said:
They've been talking about a remake, it will be discussed after Resident Evil 5 is fully shipped and the maker can have a rest(well apparently).Hes aware people want it, i missed out so it would be beyond awesome if it was done.Theres articles around about i havent heard anything since like november though.

Honestly, the game is unbelievably amazing. BTW, any chance of posting the articles? I missed them unfortunately.

rocklikebrucelee

If they were to remake Resident Evil 2, I'd hope that the team takes lessons from the Silent Hill team at Konami. Merging the atmospheric elements from Silent Hill into the Resident Evil universe would definitely make the game 100000x better and more thrilling than it already was!

rocklikebrucelee

Captain Courageous;24149 said:

I thought Shinji Mikami wasn't with Capcom anymore? He quit didn't he? Unless...you mean the RE5 director. :( If that's who you mean, then prepare for an action oriented RE2, where Leon and Claire have Matrix powers and infinite ammo...

And just wait until you see the Arrange Mode... o_O"

Levan

Polkka. lol
They're already remade RE2 for the Wii, Darkside Chronicles. Since this thread's a few months old, I guess there weren't much news about this RE2 remake.

rocklikebrucelee

Levan;46546 said:
They're already remade RE2 for the Wii, Darkside Chronicles. Since this thread's a few months old, I guess there weren't much news about this RE2 remake.

But the Darkside Chronicles isn't even really a remake. It's just a rail shooter of the original (and Code Veronica, as well as some other RE scenarios).

What ****es me off is that Capcom was going to make this game RE4/5 style, but said "Wii gamers want an easy game to play" "RE4 style would be too complex for them" OMG i want to seriously lay some hurt to whoever the hell said that! :verymad:

Levan

Polkka. lol
Darkside Chronicles is the remake they promised, and I'm betting on the fact that they won't decide to try and make another remake since this is just about to be done. :(

Top Bottom