• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you think Resident Evil Begins is ever going to be released?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
:< Why so they can make him partners with Jill and kill him by their own stupid canon? XD Agggghhhh... I dunno those movies just fill me with rage ;~; Why make something after a video game, if you're just going to change everything ever, and only keep the staple characters...as backup...characters....to telekenetic beastwoman...I don't even ;~;

The movies aren't mad AFTER the game...the're BASED on the games...its SUPPOSED to have its own cannon...just like in spider-man comics...Amazing Spider-Man has a COMPLETLEY seperate cannon than Spectacular Spider-Man...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I liked the movies. The first and Afterlife more than the others. I've faced the argument of, Why make a movie if it's not gonna be just like the game?, and to be honest, it kinda frustrates me.

When you go to see a movie, you should see it for what it is, not for what you expect it to be, otherwise you'll always be disappointed.

As far as making them just like the games, well, that's a little impractical. The idea of the first movie was to introduce viewers to the Resident Evil universe, whether they were seasoned fans or had never played the games. Anderson couldn't have just made the first Resident Evil into a movie, because then all the fans of the games would already know what was going to happen, which would've been a waste of money. If you want to see the first Resident Evil, go play it. If he made them a spin off or something of the games, then people who hadn't previously played the games would have no clue what was going on, thus making for a much smaller fan base and a lot less money.

As far as new characters, okay, so Alice wasn't in the games. Her powers were a little outlandish but not unheard of in the Resident Evil universe. And if you're simply bringing people into the universe (because there were survivors in Raccoon City besides the ones that were focused on), you don't NEED to have every single main character from every single game in the movies. Neither should it be a life or death story writing decision to introduce a new character. The games themselves introduced new characters pretty much every game.

I think they've done well enough in the films. I loved the first one, because as a female, it's nice to see a (or some) strong female roles in film every once in a while. It was nice to see a fresh story that I'd not seen before, with a premise that I was still slightly familiar with. Yea, there was action, but don't you kinda need it in a zombie film? I only really have one critique of the first, and that was the licker, but I don't get all hung up on that because it's the film, not the game. I accept that not everything will be the same.

Basically, if you're complaining about the films, I would say the same thing that I tell all the so-called hardcore Saw fans I saw on the official movie forum threatening to kill all the writers for writing so-called horrific movies. If you don't like them, don't watch them. Nobody is forcing you and you're not missing out if in deed you don't like them. There's really no point to bashing the crew and the final product and wasting all of that energy. Go support the next game instead or something.

I look forward to the next Resident Evil film, regardless of what it's called or who's in it or what the plot is or who wrote it. I go, not expecting to see a carbon copy of a pre existing game, but a fine attempt at expanding a universe that was created on film years ago. I know I couldn't make a better Resident Evil. Could you? Realistically? No.

/rant

Infinant "Like"...

Lirium

The movies aren't mad AFTER the game...the're BASED on the games...its SUPPOSED to have its own cannon...just like in spider-man comics...Amazing Spider-Man has a COMPLETLEY seperate cannon than Spectacular Spider-Man...

But at least they kept things in common, Honestly the RE movies keep the bare minimum. Zombies, and some staple characters which they don't care about...at all... Which they've shown. I get not making a movie directly like the game, however to take the name and change it completely so people will want to see it, it's stupid. Don't call it Resident Evil. I would appreciate them more if they were generic Zombie movies, not Resident Evil: The way we want to tell it kkthnx. Take Silent Hill for example. That movie's pretty good. It's not an exact replay of the first game, they changed a lot of key point but the basis of the story was the same, and it kept most of the important stuff. Not to mention it kept true to the horror aspect, stuff popped out, things were terrifying, and it sent chills up the spine like the game did and how the genre of movie was supposed to. It wasn't overdone, it wasn't made to appeal to people who didn't play/like silent hill. It was accommodating to both audiences. Even old movies like the Super Mario movie, the Ninja Turtle movies, didn't follow strict canon but they were still true to the series. Where as RE, completely diverges into a "Lets look at Milla...Forever...And Ever...AND EVER..She's SO BA LOOKATHERMORE" And the whole don't like them, don't watch them logic applies to a lot of things. Yes, nobodies making us watch them. But nobodies making them make poop movies either. Not to mention it's not scary, in the least. The first one had some jumps, mainly due to the sounds that followed and not what actually popped out, but by the second "DUNDUN" sound I was like "...I see what you did there, knock it off." It's not supposed to be about hot female leads who are super BA at everything they do. Which is what the RE movies are. Everything is screwed, and yeah it's upsetting. Do I wanna sit through 1 1/2 hours of Jill solving puzzles? F'no. But I would take that over sitting through Alice...who shouldn't be there, with her love interests...who shouldn't be there.....and then her basically crapping on the canon characters like "Yeah I know you're canon but uh, clearly you don't matter as much as me soo uh...Yeah."

It's almost like they don't even TRY to keep things canon, they're moving their zombies around in ways they see fit, screwing with them stupidly (Nemesis? With a conscience? Come on now.) And in their methods of screwing around with Canon, they leave huge loopholes and things that don't even make sense. Super cyborg, cloning, telekenisis...Don't introduce main characters, if you're just going to put them in the backseat to a person who shouldn't be there, screw with not only their character but their story as a whole, and generally move them all to hell. I'd prefer Leon not be in the movies, because he's one of the characters they haven't sullied yet. The movies are good zombie flicks, but don't call them Resident Evil. If you're going to make a movie off of a series, or franchise, do it right. It's like making a Halo movie....in which Master Chief is some side-line Spartan waving the flag and rooting on a new Spartan named Florence who single-handedly takes out all the covenant with his super teleketic, fire-bending abilities.

While I can respect your opinion if you enjoy the movie, I however cannot. They're silly, and just there to generate some money for people who like to see Milla and girls in scimpy clothes, with some zombies in the mix. Not to mention they dumbed down almost every male role, and I don't even want to talk about what they did to Claire. In the end, Degeneration was the only good movie to come out of any RE movie. Wish they would drop the live action if they're gonna botch it, and just stay with things like Degen.

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
Was the Tomb Raider films just like the games? The first one was pretty close, but my point here is that movies made after a video game is never going to be exactly like the game. Just like movies made after books aren't going to be just like the book.

This is what happens when movies are made after things. I'm gonna side with Rain here.

Awaii-Lynne

momma cosplayer
In the end, Degeneration was the only good movie to come out of any RE movie. Wish they would drop the live action if they're gonna botch it, and just stay with things like Degen.

I'm sorry but that is where I have to disagree. Degen. was (by far) not the best re movie. Sure it had leon and claire in it, but just because you throw two characters in an animated movie doesnt make it the best one. In my opinion Degen was one of the worst. There was barely any scare to that movie, not to mention it was completely lacking in the monster department. Zombies were in the movie for about 15 minutes, then the brother to that random chick that arrived outta no where was in there in the end. Sorry but it didn't live up to what I was hoping (like the other movies, but thats not the point)
In my opinion RE:A was atleast attempting to be like the game, which I liked. Sure there were alot of screw ups, but still it was trying.

My little summary of the movies are:

Resident Evil1: had some ups and downs but wasnt like the game at all. But thats okay, to me it was kind alike outbreak (had its own story and was based on someone whom we didnt know trying to survive) Alot of re fans liked the outbreak games but none of them had the main re characters in them, so why not like the re movies?

Resident Evil2: okay, a little better. Kinda like the games, had Jill in it, not sure who the other dude was (the guy who got bit in the leg towards the beginning but oh well) then it picked up almost right after RE1, which is what I like. It filled in some questions between 1 and 2, people died, the city was blown up and it had a decent ending.

Resident Evil3: I refused to see this one in theaters because it left a huge hole in the story. seriously, what the heck happened between the end of re2 and the beginning of re3? to me RE3 was the worst one. How the heck does (almost) every human dying have to do with the world turning to sand? I dont know if I'm just stupid or whatever, but that didnt make since to me. So I hated this one. not to mention this one completely and totally destroyed Claires character to me. I like Ali larter but she is not claire...not at all!

Resident Evil Degen.: When I first saw the previews for this movie, I couldnt have been more excited, I was one of the dorks going online and looking each day on youtube to see if there was anytihng new on the movie...then when it came out and I actually saw it, I was like.....wtf just happened?! if you blinked in the movie you'd miss the zombies...I was honestly ****ed off at that movie. There was so much they could have done with that movie, but they slacked off. Yes there was action in the movie, but not enough....I just did not like it at all. I would have rather watched RE3 (the movie) over and over again than this one...just my opinion.

Resident Evil4: A little better than the last one. There were alot (and I mean ALOT) of messups but I still went to see it cause I wanted to see what they'd do with the 3D effect. I was disapointed when they killed all the clones in the beginning, they made a big deal about them in the end of RE3 and they were in the movie for what? 20 minutes, if even that. Don't even get me started on Wesker, sure the guy playing him did well, nothing against that guy, but seriously?! he was in the movie for a few minutes in the beginning then the end.

In the end, I like about 50% of the re movies (and only own 2 of them) but that doesnt mean I wont go see the new ones when they come out. Will I go see them the first day they come out? no. But I'll still watch them. (like many on here have said before) I'll watch them as another zombie movie, not a resident evil movie. Simple enough.
(End of rant)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
But at least they kept things in common, Honestly the RE movies keep the bare minimum. Zombies, and some staple characters which they don't care about...at all... Which they've shown. I get not making a movie directly like the game, however to take the name and change it completely so people will want to see it, it's stupid. Don't call it Resident Evil. I would appreciate them more if they were generic Zombie movies, not Resident Evil: The way we want to tell it kkthnx. Take Silent Hill for example. That movie's pretty good. It's not an exact replay of the first game, they changed a lot of key point but the basis of the story was the same, and it kept most of the important stuff. Not to mention it kept true to the horror aspect, stuff popped out, things were terrifying, and it sent chills up the spine like the game did and how the genre of movie was supposed to. It wasn't overdone, it wasn't made to appeal to people who didn't play/like silent hill. It was accommodating to both audiences. Even old movies like the Super Mario movie, the Ninja Turtle movies, didn't follow strict canon but they were still true to the series. Where as RE, completely diverges into a "Lets look at Milla...Forever...And Ever...AND EVER..She's SO BA LOOKATHERMORE" And the whole don't like them, don't watch them logic applies to a lot of things. Yes, nobodies making us watch them. But nobodies making them make poop movies either. Not to mention it's not scary, in the least. The first one had some jumps, mainly due to the sounds that followed and not what actually popped out, but by the second "DUNDUN" sound I was like "...I see what you did there, knock it off." It's not supposed to be about hot female leads who are super BA at everything they do. Which is what the RE movies are. Everything is screwed, and yeah it's upsetting. Do I wanna sit through 1 1/2 hours of Jill solving puzzles? F'no. But I would take that over sitting through Alice...who shouldn't be there, with her love interests...who shouldn't be there.....and then her basically crapping on the canon characters like "Yeah I know you're canon but uh, clearly you don't matter as much as me soo uh...Yeah."

It's almost like they don't even TRY to keep things canon, they're moving their zombies around in ways they see fit, screwing with them stupidly (Nemesis? With a conscience? Come on now.) And in their methods of screwing around with Canon, they leave huge loopholes and things that don't even make sense. Super cyborg, cloning, telekenisis...Don't introduce main characters, if you're just going to put them in the backseat to a person who shouldn't be there, screw with not only their character but their story as a whole, and generally move them all to hell. I'd prefer Leon not be in the movies, because he's one of the characters they haven't sullied yet. The movies are good zombie flicks, but don't call them Resident Evil. If you're going to make a movie off of a series, or franchise, do it right. It's like making a Halo movie....in which Master Chief is some side-line Spartan waving the flag and rooting on a new Spartan named Florence who single-handedly takes out all the covenant with his super teleketic, fire-bending abilities.

While I can respect your opinion if you enjoy the movie, I however cannot. They're silly, and just there to generate some money for people who like to see Milla and girls in scimpy clothes, with some zombies in the mix. Not to mention they dumbed down almost every male role, and I don't even want to talk about what they did to Claire. In the end, Degeneration was the only good movie to come out of any RE movie. Wish they would drop the live action if they're gonna botch it, and just stay with things like Degen.

You keep bringing up "Canon Characters" and stff...If they are in the movie...THEN THEY ARE CANNON...Movies have their own SEPERATE cannon...You CANNOT compare the game cannon to the movie cannon because they take place in two SEPERATE universes...look at it like the RE of one deminision versus the RE of a counter deminsion...

Claire_Fan85

LEON! - RE: Dengeneration
RE: Degeneration is one of my fave movies :) i like how they included flashbacks from RE2
And i freaking LOVE the Live Action films :)

Lirium

You keep bringing up "Canon Characters" and stff...If they are in the movie...THEN THEY ARE CANNON...Movies have their own SEPERATE cannon...You CANNOT compare the game cannon to the movie cannon because they take place in two SEPERATE universes...look at it like the RE of one deminision versus the RE of a counter deminsion...

Clearly something isn't getting communicated here. Not too sure what you're really trying to argue anymore, other than you don't like my opinion. (Which I regret to inform you, isn't changing anytime soon) I didn't say they weren't canon in the movie, but as I've stated a million times, don't make a movie about a game series if you're just going to ruin it and make it something completely un-related. Anderson did well with the first Mortal Kombat, but as soon as it came to RE he dropped the ball. I don't care that they take place in two seperate universes, that's fine. But the fact of the matter is the "seperate universe" has NOTHING to do with RE as a whole, at all. Except Zombies, which is stupid. Don't call it Resident Evil. He attached himself to the name of RE to get more fans, generate money and use the name of something popular to further his career without giving a crap about the actual fans. I've actually never paid for an RE movie, and the only one I actually sat through the whole thing was the last one. All the others I've walked out on, or been forced to go because that's the movie of choice my friends chose. I only sat through the last one, because Wesker's actor was hot which in my opinion is the only thing ANY of those movies got right.

However that's not the point of this thread, the point is "
Do you think Resident Evil Begins is ever going to be released?"

Do I think so? Probably, because they know they can milk people for their money with bad movies, if it has the RE name on it. Do I think it will be good? No, I have no faith that it will be good or even worth the time to see it.

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
Rain611 said:
I liked the movies. The first and Afterlife more than the others. I've faced the argument of, Why make a movie if it's not gonna be just like the game?, and to be honest, it kinda frustrates me.

When you go to see a movie, you should see it for what it is, not for what you expect it to be, otherwise you'll always be disappointed.

That doesn't work for me, because I go see every RE movie expecting them to be utter garbage, and I am never disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the RE films as movies, but as Resident Evil adaptions, well let's just say there is a circle of hell yet to be created where Paul W.S. Anderson belongs.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
That doesn't work for me, because I go see every RE movie expecting them to be utter garbage, and I am never disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the RE films as movies, but as Resident Evil adaptions, well let's just say there is a circle of hell yet to be created where Paul W.S. Anderson belongs.

My point was not to go into a film expecting anything. And saying a writer is going to hell because of his film is ridiculous. When you write a better Resident Evil adaptation, let me know.

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
First of all, I did not say he is going to hell in any serious fashion. Concepts of humor and satire must be lost on you, as some of the more militant RE fans do think he deserves to go to hell.

I went into the first film not expecting anything at all, and other than Michelle Rodriguez being in the film I left sorely disappointed. That cycle continued for the 3 subsequent films. Believe me I have seen the films for what they are and as I said they are decent movies, but craptastic Resident Evil adaptions. I would say on the scale of Super Mario Bros. and Street Fighter.

As for writing a better Resident Evil adaption I have every confidence if anyone could if would be me. Sadly, at the moment I have two separate trilogies I am writing in two original universes that I hope to have finished and published in the next year or two. So as you can imagine my writing schedule is fairly busy.

(Note: My poor grammar, spelling, misuse of words, and sentence structure on this or any other forum should not be an indicator of my writing abilities. I generally don't care about such thinks on the internet, though I do make an effort.)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Hmm...It seems Agent Hunk has a great notion...about how he views the movies...it works for him...and Rain has a great plan...Not going in expecting anything...They both seem flawed however, because in the back of your head you KNOW its RE and somewhere you accept that...Me personally...I go to see an RE film because i'm an RE fanatic, and theyre fun...Sure the story may be thin and Alice is a f--kin dumbass, but overall you can watch them in smile with all their special effects, cheesey lines, good acting in acompanyment of AWFUL acting, and in the case of RE Afterlife, good 3D...I look at it just like i belive it was Rain who said it, as it being in a different universe...i don't try to compare the films to the games because it would be like trying to compare the Uncanny X-Men to X-Men 2099...Or Amazing Spider-Man to Spectacular Spider-Man...theyre just TOO different and you can't do it...however you basics are the same...and RE movies and games go the same way...i go into an RE movie expecting something i can enjoy because some of the things in there put a smile on my face...
I didn't go into Spider-Man 2 and come out ****ed just because Doc Oc's arms controlled him instead of him controlling them like in the comics...and i didn't come out of RE Apocalypse bitching because Jill and Carlos weren't in it enough...
The only regret i have so far with the movies was Wentworth Miller as Chris...
Rant ends......NOW!

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
KennedyKiller, analogies to comic books seems kind of out of place, but here goes.

What would happen if they made an X-men (Insert Random comic here.) movie series, based on say Ultimate X-men, brought in a completely new character, and gave that character all of the badass action sequences in the movie based on what actual characters did in the comics. To top it off they give this character uber-powers never before seen in the comic series, and have that character fight established villains in the place of their actual rivals. If that's not bad enough, said villains act as if they are meeting their arch-rivals in the film for the first time thus negating a storied rivalry in the comics that fans wished to see played out on the screen. Add to that the fact that they trashed everything that made the comics great in the movie thus alienating a good portion of their fan-base in the name of opening the movie up to a wider audience instead of the loyal fans.

That is the kind of thing I'm talking about. Oh wait......:(

Rain611

You can't kill me.
First of all, I did not say he is going to hell in any serious fashion. Concepts of humor and satire must be lost on you, as some of the more militant RE fans do think he deserves to go to hell.

(Note: My poor grammar, spelling, misuse of words, and sentence structure on this or any other forum should not be an indicator of my writing abilities. I generally don't care about such thinks on the internet, though I do make an effort.)

I just want to say that I realize you weren't being serious, but find such statements tasteless no matter how they are used. Perhaps it is because of my experience with death and thusly my appreciation for life.

It is up to you how you convey yourself through writing online. Personally I don't consider it as important a platform to represent oneself either, but I still like to use proper grammar or spelling wherever I am.

My asking if you could write a better film had nothing to do with your posts by the way, but rather the general difficulty that goes into writing a good screenplay, and the asumption by fans that they know what they want. I've watched personally as fans have told filmmakers what they want in a film and when they finally got it, they hated it. But I think I've done more than enough evaluating of my own opinion. I don't care if you agree with me or not.

And good for you with your writing. I myself have written several novels, countless short stories and two screenplays.

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
Rain611, I understand where you are coming from I really do. I am also glad there are people who enjoy the RE films fully, but as I said I am of two minds about them. I realize that the films exist in a separate universe, but that didn't have to be the case. (At least if the person making them had actually played the games, and had the same passion for them that most RE fans do.)

I believe than when anything is adapted to film whether it be a game, novel, comic, or even a play that most of the fans and followers expect to see an adaption that captures what made them great.

I feel this is not the case with the RE films, or RE4 and RE5 for that matter. I enjoy the films and RE4 & 5, as I said, but they just don't have that it factor that made the original RE games great.

I think that the RE films are more about Milla Jovovich (Alice) and less about Resident Evil and what most of the fans really want to see. I mean when the majority of the awesome action sequences in the films are ripped from the games and their characters and given to Alice (Claire CVX, Nemesis fight, Wesker Rivalry, Etc), it feels like the films exist more for her benefit than the fans'. I won't even get into the Nemesis' blue eye and feelings, or the fact that the films focus more on action than horror, (which I feel may have had an influence on refocus of RE4 & 5), but these are just my opinions on the matter.

Trust me I will not be losing any sleep about anyone disagreeing with me, because everyone is welcome to their opinions whether or not we agree. I just want to make it clear I am not trying to come across as hostile or "I'm right, you're wrong."

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
KennedyKiller, analogies to comic books seems kind of out of place, but here goes.

What would happen if they made an X-men (Insert Random comic here.) movie series, based on say Ultimate X-men, brought in a completely new character, and gave that character all of the badass action sequences in the movie based on what actual characters did in the comics. To top it off they give this character uber-powers never before seen in the comic series, and have that character fight established villains in the place of their actual rivals. If that's not bad enough, said villains act as if they are meeting their arch-rivals in the film for the first time thus negating a storied rivalry in the comics that fans wished to see played out on the screen. Add to that the fact that they trashed everything that made the comics great in the movie thus alienating a good portion of their fan-base in the name of opening the movie up to a wider audience instead of the loyal fans.

That is the kind of thing I'm talking about. Oh wait......:(
But you fail to understand...my annalogies are from comic to comic...not movie to comic...Because if one comic series did that to another, then it would be ok...Look at it like (Just so you know, uncanny X-Men came first) Uncanny X-Men is RE the game, and X-Men evolution(Famous for MAJOR changes to appeal to a younger audience whilst keeping majore things the same as well) is RE the movies...The RE movies ARE NOT made to be a movie adaptaion of the games, but are made to be a movie, using the same key elements as the games...Zombies, the T-Virus, and the corporation Umbrella...For you see, we focus on the characters because we play as them in the games...but its really not about the characters...its about the world and how humans interact with man made hazards like a virus that destorys the man that made it...but you can't have a story without characters...The characters can be changed though, so long as the theme of Biological Disruption is still there...While i do agree, there is a lot about Alice...you need to realize that just because it focus's on her directly, doesn't mean there isn't an indirect and underlying focus on said Biological Disruption...

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
I know nothing of comics, just so you know. Nor do I really care (Edit: About comics I mean). Obviously the humor of the post you quoted was too subtle. (Edit: Replace Comic with Games.)

Of course the films were meant to be adaptions of the games.
Except for the fact that the movies make major changes to everything and keep some major, mostly minor details from the games intact.
If the RE films are not meant to be adaptions of the games then they shouldn't have the Resident Evil name, nor any of the in game references. instead they would have used some elements to craft a completely new property. They could have easily created a new company, virus, creatures, and characters and made a series of zombie films that had nothing to do with RE (well more so than now.). I actually would have enjoyed the movies more if that had been the case.

A good example of this of what I mean: Yojimbo (1961) was inspired by The Glass Key (1942) and used some elements from the 1929 novel Red Harvest to craft a story utilizing new characters, events, and settings. However, Yojimbo was not an a adaption of either. It just used elements from both to craft a new universe.

Had Paul W.S. Anderson had been inspired by the games and used certain elements from the games to craft a new universe for an original Zombie Movie Series; then they wouldn't be adaptions of the games.

Awaii-Lynne

momma cosplayer
Hey! lets all just agree to disagree on this one! This forum wasn't meant to start a fight, it was ment to figure out if a prequal(sp) to re would ever be made, and if it was what do you think it should be about! (I think>.>) sooo lets stop the endless fighting, and talk about a new beginning to re! Forget anderson did his stuff and think up what we'd like to see in the new re movie! ( i mean the beginning) Kays?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I know nothing of comics, just so you know. Nor do I really care (Edit: About comics I mean). Obviously the humor of the post you quoted was too subtle. (Edit: Replace Comic with Games.)

Of course the films were meant to be adaptions of the games.
Except for the fact that the movies make major changes to everything and keep some major, mostly minor details from the games intact.
If the RE films are not meant to be adaptions of the games then they shouldn't have the Resident Evil name, nor any of the in game references. instead they would have used some elements to craft a completely new property. They could have easily created a new company, virus, creatures, and characters and made a series of zombie films that had nothing to do with RE (well more so than now.). I actually would have enjoyed the movies more if that had been the case.

A good example of this of what I mean: Yojimbo (1961) was inspired by The Glass Key (1942) and used some elements from the 1929 novel Red Harvest to craft a story utilizing new characters, events, and settings. However, Yojimbo was not an a adaption of either. It just used elements from both to craft a new universe.

Had Paul W.S. Anderson had been inspired by the games and used certain elements from the games to craft a new universe for an original Zombie Movie Series; then they wouldn't be adaptions of the games.
But it is an adaptaion of the games...Just not the games CHARACTERS my friend...it IS an adaptation of the mood, setting, and overall point the games make...which is, again, biolocigal disruption...the movies adapt that perfectly...Even more so now that they have taken it post apocalyptic...Now, as for the characters, they may be in the movie, but how good were most the actors at portraying said roles...and THAT Anderson cannot be blamed with...it is up to the actor to portray the role in their own unique way...i, as an actor, know this as fact...It also seems that most of the RE movies get flack for the poor representaton of the characters, which isn't really Anderson's fault...you can say it's his fault for hiring them, but really that's all up to the casting director, for Anderson himself has too much more to worry about than casting and must put his faith in another person...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Hey! lets all just agree to disagree on this one! This forum wasn't meant to start a fight, it was ment to figure out if a prequal(sp) to re would ever be made, and if it was what do you think it should be about! (I think>.>) sooo lets stop the endless fighting, and talk about a new beginning to re! Forget anderson did his stuff and think up what we'd like to see in the new re movie! ( i mean the beginning) Kays?

AgentHUNK and i arent fighting lol...we even talked about this on his profile, this is all completley friendly...

Top Bottom