• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you think Resident Evil Begins is ever going to be released?

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
Firstly, the comic to comic analogies don’t really fit what you are trying to say. You should stick to talking about media (Comics, books, cartoons, games) to movie adaptions. Your analogies always seem so Apples and Oranges. At any rate this will my final post on the matter, as I feel I have made my opinion of the films quite clear.

Yes the movies are adaptions of the games. This includes characters, otherwise Jill, Carlos, Nicholai (even though last name was different, we know), Nemesis, Claire, and Wesker. Then Afterlife wouldn’t have the Executioner or the Plagas mutated zombies.
One thing that ****ed me off about that is there was no explanation for any of that. They played it all off like a mutation of the T-virus, they never tried to go into detail about what was happening. Wesker is an even bigger WTF. If he was infected by the T-virus and it brought him back, and gave him plagas mouth and uber-neo-nightcrawler powers (Which looked like your average SyFy channel SFX to me.) what about Rain or even others. Wesker isn’t depicted as being overly special. The T-virus hasn’t bonded to his genes, or his master plan wouldn’t have been to devour Alice. (Far more evil than the whole uroboros plan, I’m sure.)

Oh, none of the films have properly caught, replicated, or adapted a single thing from the games properly. Not the characters, creatures, settings, or the mood. The original RE games were all about slow plodding horror and anticipation; using your wits to help you survive, whereas the films are all action no horror. The games had many thought provoking moments for me, and sadly the only thought provoked by the films has been the same for all 4 (and probably for 5 as well.). WTF were they thinking?

I don’t want Resident Begins to happen if Paul W.S. Anderson or Milla Jovovich has anything to do with it.

I would personally like to see a reboot of the RE films that brings in new characters, settings, and events, but keeps itself firmly grounded in the games’ canon. Like how Degeneration adds to the games’ universe, so should the reboot. No more taking away from Resident Evil’s game universe.

Top Bottom