• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do You Honestly Get Sick of the Hype Girl Gamers Get?

rondachewarrior

I'm not predjudiced, I hate everybody equally.
When people sometimes ask if I'm a girl or a boy I usually reply "Does it matter?" I just picked this name so guys don't give me **** about being a girl (that and a rondache shield sounded pretty badass in the weapons book). I mean gamers can still bitch I have no problem with that, I just don't expect "special" treatment for being some bitch with a vagina. It's just when they get so ****ing cheap with the sexist jokes..

Your thoughts? If any?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
It's funny...I always hear people arguing one side or the other for the whole female gamer thing...And I honestly find it so stupid...People are people and gamers are gamers...Just cause you're a women doesn't mean you should get **** OR special treatment for it...Now, Femme is a female gamer, and I'll give HER special treatment...But that's a WHOLE different thread altogether...

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Ok, so the video completely baffled me...

It's been a few years since I played online properly with anyone but it just doesn't bother me either way with how people react to me being female. I suck at games, I warn people of this before we start and then we just crack on with it. If they call me names it's all in jest and I give as good as I get. The only time I've gotten a bit...freaked, I guess...was when this one guy decided to go into explicit detail with me as to how he pleases his girlfriend - like I'd really want to know that. But the rest of the team just ragged on him til he left anyway so no problems.

Sexism doesn't bother me - I'm outrageously sexist so I'm usually the first to come out with a "stay in the kitchen and maek sammiches" type comment. If some guy online wants to get all whatever with me because I'm a girl, who cares? Not fussed at all. If we stopped making a big deal out of it then chances are so would others. Reactions are what keep this sort of thing alive anyway; if they don't get a reaction, they'll move onto something else eventually.

Mr Sunshine

I don't make sexist joes, but I can be very flirty online because I'm behind a screen and I don't have any social handicaps.

If it's an rpg and they die I'll say things like "Our love would lead to a dead end anyway" e.t.c
Which reminds me of a girl who had "hot girl" as her nick. She died and I said "you're the hottest dead girl" lol. that was a loong time ago.

I also tend to give them all of my equipment, which usually leaves me fighting naked with a wooden sword or something.

If it's a shooter I'll just became their no1 bodyguard and follow them 24/7. I'll also stand just right behind them pretending that I'm looking at their butt.

lol. It can get irritating.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I hate it but I don't really see anything we can do about it...aside from going upside someone's head with a grenade launcher and some acid rounds. (Or bitch slapping someone into a wall in some Tekken. ;) Done that to a few guys who thought they were better than me just because I'm a girl; Nina and I learned 'em. *nods*)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I hate it but I don't really see anything we can do about it...aside from going upside someone's head with a grenade launcher and some acid rounds. (Or bitch slapping someone into a wall in some Tekken. ; ) Done that to a few guys who thought they were better than me just because I'm a girl; Nina and I learned 'em. *nods*)
Dude...I give you girl gamers props...You can kick our ass while wearing high heels...

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
I used to play Call of Duty online and I'll be the first to tell you that unless your looking for that kind of attention, it can be an uncomfortable experience. Women are very rarely treated with basic respect, even now, despite the fact that way more females play nowadays. I've gotten everything from the age old "are you hott?" to things I dare not say here. If I don't get verbally harassed in a sexual way, I get things like "you don't belong here, you belong in the kitchen." When I do play COD online, I don't use my mic and I mute anyone using a mic in the game. That way, I don't have to hear their gender-biased smack talk.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I used to play Call of Duty online and I'll be the first to tell you that unless your looking for that kind of attention, it can be an uncomfortable experience. Women are very rarely treated with basic respect, even now, despite the fact that way more females play nowadays. I've gotten everything from the age old "are you hott?" to things I dare not say here. If I don't get verbally harassed in a sexual way, I get things like "you don't belong here, you belong in the kitchen." When I do play COD online, I don't use my mic and I mute anyone using a mic in the game. That way, I don't have to hear their gender-biased smack talk.
Things like that prove why "evolution" is just a theory...I said that in another thread..But it works here too...

rondachewarrior

I'm not predjudiced, I hate everybody equally.
It's funny...I always hear people arguing one side or the other for the whole female gamer thing...And I honestly find it so stupid...People are people and gamers are gamers...Just cause you're a women doesn't mean you should get **** OR special treatment for it...Now, Femme is a female gamer, and I'll give HER special treatment...But that's a WHOLE different thread altogether...

That's true about the taking sides part. JAMESLIKESKNIVES was going on about how he'd be considered a misogynistic pig if he ever spoke about this but nevertheless he decided to make a video about girl gamers anyways XD there were good parts on the video but then I realized it's very one sided. It's not just girls that cause this type of attention to themselves it's also the guys that say "OMG a girl gamer?! Play in your lingerie and marry me" and are actually serious about it and Femme...it's a whole different thread cos she's awesome! XD

APV

Wait, Who stole me Haggis?
You know i used to play Call of Duty: Black Ops online and i was one if the best (I don't mean to brag but i was ranked world number 13th for two weeks running: Xbox Live) and i met some great female players and they said that they go annoyed by people who constantly kept asking "Are you a girl?" "Do you have breasts?" etc i mean some of these women i knew were the best at what they did and even got asked "will you marry me?" by a 12 year old boy. long story short i do get annoyed by the hype that women gamers get because it gets in the way of the gaming and makes some women turn away from online gaming scene which can be great fun.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I remember the first time my girlfriend played RE: Umbrella Chronicles with me...I looked at her cursor and BANG Headshot! BANG Headshot BANG Headshot for like, eight zombies in a row...I hadn't even got ONE yet and I had beatin it five ways form Sunday...(The Level was Raccoon's Destruction 1 btw)...I wasn't blown away by the fact that she was a girl...I was blown away by the fact that it was her first time...I really just felt like sharing the story...I'm not sure if it built a case or not lol...

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
When people sometimes ask if I'm a girl or a boy I usually reply "Does it matter?" I just picked this name so guys don't give me **** about being a girl (that and a rondache shield sounded pretty badass in the weapons book). I mean gamers can still bitch I have no problem with that, I just don't expect "special" treatment for being some bitch with a vagina. It's just when they get so ******* cheap with the sexist jokes..

Your thoughts? If any?

Is miles better than a Bitch without.

I think it comes down to the fact Gaming is still held as a geeky/ nerdy pass time. So naturally, when a girl plays it...a decent looking girl... she becomes a sex symbol because she's a living breathing example of your average gamers '' ideal woman ''

I come from the days of FF 7......so i never really grew up with the whole online multi player thing. When i roll in a game... i only object to cheats. you can be a guy, a chick, a monster or even an alien.... i don't care, so long as you play well.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I'll admit I've pulled the mother card a few times in the past just to get someone to stop talking full-stop. I wasn't able to mute the mic of someone really annoying (as in, singing, whistling, talking constantly - not about girls, just generally a chatterbox) so in the end I came out with the whole, "If you were one of my kids..." sort of thing, closely followed by something patronising and annoying to do with school, homework and bed time. Nothing cools things off quicker than a female who IS actually old enough to be your mother - and acts like it.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'll admit I've pulled the mother card a few times in the past just to get someone to stop talking full-stop. I wasn't able to mute the mic of someone really annoying (as in, singing, whistling, talking constantly - not about girls, just generally a chatterbox) so in the end I came out with the whole, "If you were one of my kids..." sort of thing, closely followed by something patronising and annoying to do with school, homework and bed time. Nothing cools things off quicker than a female who IS actually old enough to be your mother - and acts like it.
Haha...Kinda makes me wonder what you think of us younger members when we start talking smack on here...

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
It's kind of par for the course when it comes to the internet, I think. And it's certainly not limited to those under a certain age - I enjoy being a complete child online and frequently indulge in it which sometimes gives people the wrong impression of me and then they can't quite handle it when I switch to grown-up mode. But, ya know, I'm not particularly bothered - how I speak to some people online is exactly how I talk to my daughter IRL. I probably be a little more tactful online because my facial expressions cannot be read over a computer, but the essence of how I deal with things remains the same, more or less.

Top Bottom