• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) Chronology

bruno

Chief Researcher
what do you guys think about the game chronology of the game?
Jill waited untill the whole city turned into zombies to escape? Why didn't she escape sooner? And, after the fight with Nemesis, Why did Carlos wait 2 days to bring her the vaccine? How didn't Nemesis find her while she was alone, uncounscious? And why the 2 days weren't enough for Jill to turn into a zombie, like the rest of the population?

RE3 is a good game, but the events havn't got a logical order. I think that's because it was made too fast, they wanted to release it right after RE2 (and they did), they wanted it to have one part before and one part after RE2 and they wanted it to be all during the night. The game should be remade with a logic chronology. I think that, in the UC,it was a good idea to place the game in the night after RE2. That prevents the ridiculous 2 days time gap in the game.

mastermind

the reason she didnt escape sooner was because she was trying to save as many civilians as possible.......the rest of it i dont know about.

alonecrow

saving many civilians as possible is a good theory..
about two days gap,

about nemesis didn't attack jill while she was alone, i remember that nemesis fight carlos after he left her, so probably nemesis escape to heal his injury first...

mastermind

no it says that somewhere i think in the game.
i think it also says that in RE:UC.
thats where i got the idea

bruno

Chief Researcher
I was thinking about a way to solve the inconsistences in the case a new remake/flashback/some way of re-telling the story.
Imagine the game until after the battle with Nemesis in the clock tower.
Then Carlos goes get Jill the vaccine immediately (not 2 days later) and they go to the park..
In that tunnel between the fountain and the graveyard, the gravedigger decides to move around and the tunnel collapses, leaving the characters stuck down there. The boss fight with the digger occurs. The characters stay trapped in the tunnel for 2 days, enough time for Nemesis to recover from the fight, track down Jill and destroy the remains of the tunnel, which separates him from Jill. Jill and Carlos manage to escape the tunnel and then, go to the Dead facility.
An alternative is: Jill stays trapped alone, Carlos goes looking for explosives to release her, but Nicholai captures him. Thwo days later, another UBCS member finds Carlos, releases him and gives him some explosives, but Nicholai later kills that UBCS member. Carlos goes back to Jill and blows the remains, freeing her.

Top Bottom