• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[CG Movie] Resident Evil Degeneration

Nicholai

"Capcom Japan’s representative director and president: Haruhiro Tsujimoto (Capcom) and Sony Pictures Entertainment Japan representative director and president: Ken Munekata (SPEJ) have announced coproduction of Resident Evil: Degeneration, the first full-length CG animation feature based upon the Resident Evil series of games and movies. Currently in production, it’s got plans for a terrifying release in 2008.

Resident Evil (called Biohazard in Japan), began as a hit international video game franchise created by Capcom, then made its debut on the silver screen as the live-action film Resident Evil, distributed worldwide by Sony Pictures Entertainment. Resident Evil is the first trilogy of live-action movies to have come from a video game franchise. Capcom and Sony Picture’s Japanese subsidiary SPEJ have teamed up to give birth to a CG-animated Resident Evil with groundbreaking visual effects and a brand-new story line.

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles for WiiSince its initial release in 1996, the Resident Evil series of games has established the “survival horror” genre and has shipped over a 33 million units worldwide, continuing to captivate its fans as a powerful property. Capcom will continue to release new games within the franchise, such as “Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles” for Wii and “Resident Evil 5″ for PS3 and Xbox 360.

The films “Resident Evil” and “Resident Evil 2: Apocalypse” have each grossed more than US$100 million at the Box Office internationally. “Resident Evil 3: Extinction” has been the biggest hit of the series in the U.S. to date, by grossing over US$48 million in just over three weeks, adding to the high performance and public support for this zombie-loving franchise."

From Video Games Blogger.

Well, looks good.
I hope Capcom and Sony will make a great thing based on Resi Games this time, not like Anderson's movie.
What do yall think guys?

ryank

this film wil be the best resident evil movie ever it reminds me of ff7 advent children but not boring... ;)

xXCheshireCatXx

[quote author=ryank link=topic=96.msg1100#msg1100 date=1198014162]
this film wil be the best resident evil movie ever it reminds me of ff7 advent children but not boring... ;)
[/quote]

I think the Resident Evil movie will be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Advent Children. I mean i love FFVII and i have the special edition boxset but I love Resident Evil more.

xXCheshireCatXx

[quote author=alonecrow link=topic=96.msg1642#msg1642 date=1199277855]
we'll see it when the movie come out.
[/quote]

Yeah, but has anything Resident Evil disappoint us?

xXCheshireCatXx

[quote author=alonecrow link=topic=96.msg1670#msg1670 date=1199301285]
hmmm...
if you recall Carlos' death at the third movie..
it was disappointing for me..
[/quote]

I know that sucked so bad, I actually met the guy who played carlos oliveira :-*

xXCheshireCatXx

[quote author=alonecrow link=topic=96.msg1726#msg1726 date=1199323525]
oded fehr?
at the premiere?
[/quote]

yes i met oded fehr and it wasn't at the premiere. He was at a SCi-Fi convention in Denver and was signing autographs and took pictures with people. He was there to promote RE: E. i was hyperventilating XD

xXCheshireCatXx

[quote author=alonecrow link=topic=96.msg1757#msg1757 date=1199370430]
dammit!
did you get his autograph?
[/quote]

yup! and i took a picture with him! he touched my shoulder! ;D :-*

xXCheshireCatXx

[quote author=Sephiroxas link=topic=96.msg1838#msg1838 date=1199462229]
Yeah, that'd be cool to see.
[/quote]

sure i can -^^- i had to darken it and add contrast to it in photoshop but yea.

idedrachelandme.jpg

from left to right: me (yes i know i'm very ugly XD) oded fehr, and my sister.

Top Bottom