• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Capcom: Stay tuned for Resident Evil 7

meg5493

From what I've noticed is that a new Revelations game comes out around every 2 years after a main game so either its gonna be RE7 or some real info on the RE2 remake. Or I could just be flat out wrong and its Capcom going in for another full on shooter like ORC and Umbrella corps

Last edited:

IntoxNitram

Yes I just read this, was gonna make a new thread about it. This is some sort of cryptic message for possibly RE 7, what on earth is "Full-scale Offensive Plan" anyway??
Think it deserves it own thread.

There is a chance it could just relate to the remasters of 5 and 4 already planned - maybe with a remaster of something like the first Revelations game and a combined physical edition or something. I feel like it is too early to show any REmake 2 footage off, unless we just get a teaser trailer, but I feel like a launch by March 2017 is too soon. Over recent years we have had a game every January (REmake HD and Zero HD), so I feel like we could get something to fill that slot - either a remaster (like of Revelations like mentioned above) or Resident Evil 7. I'm sure it won't be too long until we see that game, and a 2017 release sounds reasonable.

Last edited:

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
Think it deserves it own thread.

There is a chance it could just relate to the remasters of 5 and 6 already planned - maybe with a remaster of something like the first Revelations game and a combined physical edition or something. I feel like it is too early to show any REmake 2 footage off, unless we just get a teaser trailer, but I feel like a launch by March 2017 is too soon. Over recent years we have had a game every January (REmake HD and Zero HD), so I feel like we could get something to fill that slot - either a remaster (like of Revelations like mentioned above) or Resident Evil 7. I'm sure it won't be too long until we see that game, and a 2017 release sounds reasonable.
6 has been out over a month

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Wont ever happen but I'd pre-order ASAP if the 2 million one was Dino Crisis reboot & 4 million one was Resident Evil 7.
Capcom-1-670x332.jpg

Well yeah isn't 4M target plan for RE 7 too low? it might not be an RE game at all, so this kinda dehypes a lil bit. I hope I'm wrong though.

IntoxNitram

Capcom-1-670x332.jpg

Well yeah isn't 4M target plan for RE 7 too low? it might not be an RE game at all, so this kinda dehypes a lil bit. I hope I'm wrong though.
Its not lifetime sales though. Just that fiscal year. Read somewhere that Resident Evil 6 sold only 4.8 million sales in the first period up to the end of the year. And apparently since then Capcom are less lofty in their ambitions for sales. So I'd say this target would kind of make sense for a new entry in Resident Evil nowadays.

Link to article about Resi 6 sales.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I'm willing to bet the 4 million title will be RE7. And 4 million is a much more realistic sales target than the 6 million RE6 had.

meg5493

Honestly there are so many IPs Capcom hasn't touched in years it could be anything. Though its safe to say its probably something more recent than BoF or Dino Crisis :'((

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
Honestly there are so many IPs Capcom hasn't touched in years it could be anything. Though its safe to say its probably something more recent than BoF or Dino Crisis :'((
I just hope its good !!!! im holding onto some gaming money until I see E3 and whats up to offer on my plate ! I have a feeling its gonna be awesome this year !!

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Not really sure how legit this is but apparently he is a reliable course and he says resident evil 7 is in development, will be announced at e3 and will be a clean slate.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/resident-evil-7-goes-back-to-horror-roots-will-be-/1100-6439896/
I might believe it if that wasn't exactly what most fans want to hear. I'm not counting it out necessarily, but over the past few years there have been an overwhelming number of fake leaks and rumors and all that fun stuff. The rumors are always "horror's back" or "Claire's in it" or whatever else fans want to hear at the time, yet they always seem to manage to not do that and disappoint a lot of people in the meantime, so I'll remain skeptical.

wayne

Like i said guys, i dont know how legit it is considering all the rumours the last few years saying it was going to be announced at e3 then nothing. It could just be another rumour it does sound more legit to me though considering that * full scale offensive* CAPCOM are planning. Not long til e3 so we will find out soon enough :)

black 93

Until Capcom themselves come out and say it, im not believing anything. Lost count of the amount of 'legit' leaks concerning RE7 since 2013. It's been appearing at e3 for the past 4 years, and hasnt appeared at all. Everybody except Capcom claim to know it's coming, what it's about, who's in it etc. So until Capcom actually say the words 'Resident Evil 7' im not paying much attention.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
NEW INSIDER RUMOR:

Update [10/06/2016]: I have received some additional information regarding its (RE 7) aforementioned showing to the media. One source claims there will be an invite-only presentation behind closed doors for press.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
NEW INSIDER RUMOR:

Update [10/06/2016]: I have received some additional information regarding its (RE 7) aforementioned showing to the media. One source claims there will be an invite-only presentation behind closed doors for press.

So does this mean the reveal trailer will be embargoed online (if, in fact, it is shown)? DAMMIT! :angry:

Top Bottom