• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Capcom: Stay tuned for Resident Evil 7

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Lets hope. Probably more Umbrella Corps stuff. I think Capcom will wait until E3. Then again RE6 was announced a bit before.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Yeah, if the only thing we hear about on the anniversary is "Capcom makes t-virus deodorant" then I might freak. 6 was announced in late January iirc. I have no idea what conferences there are at that time, but I feel like RE titles are almost always announced at random times, so I'm not sure about the whole e3 thing. I mean they could announce it at any time so why not the actual anniversary? Please just any official info on the game would be great

Unknown

Updates on Umbrella Corps, footage of the RE2 remake and maybe a trailer for the next CGI film are what I expect on the 22nd.

Possibly another vague announcement just to keep people extra hyped.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Hasn't this been rumored for the passed two E3 conventions and Tokyo game shows?
The 20th anniversary had came to be and they have announced something, the 3 remasters for the newer games in the series.
But these are all coming out this year, along with re0 which was released already, umbrella corps and re2re is in the works still.
I'm not getting my hopes up for any re7 news again... :(
They didn't even add dlc to rev2

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
According to Rely on Horror, something big is coming. Apparently Umbrella Corps is only the "warm up to the full-scale offensive planned for the second half of the year". Could it be that RE7 will come sooner than we think? (... which still wouldn't be "soon" after all those years since RE6, but... you know what I mean.)

Source Rely on Horror
Original Source (though I'm not sure where the information is on that page)

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Yes I just read this, was gonna make a new thread about it. This is some sort of cryptic message for possibly RE 7, what on earth is "Full-scale Offensive Plan" anyway??

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
"Full-scale offensive" sounds a lot like "Let's attack our fans with a major RE title" to me. The only major titles I can think of would be RE7, Remake 2 and possibly Revelations 3. But since Remake 2 was only recently announced and there hasn't been any talk about Revelations 3 yet (which would be a little early anyway), I'm more optimistic than ever that it might mean RE7. Oh well... E3 and TGS aren't that far anymore.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Ok so if this major tittle is not Umbrella Corps then I also speculate it's either 7 or 2 Remake, Revelations 3 is waay to premature and considering the fact that Revelations 2 is only a year old. From the NeoGAF thread RE 7 could be specifically released on sometime between Oct 1st 2016 to March 31st 2017. It is also possible that RE 5 and 4 remasters could possibly be the only this full scale thing.

And oh almost forgot to mention that this doesn't mean it has to be an RE game, remember Capcom has other IPs too so.....

Last edited:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Well, Rely On Horror makes it seem a lot like it's going to be a new RE title. I'd love to look up Capcom's exact words on the matter in the original source, but as I said before, I find it a little hard to figure out what that source is even about. It seems like Umbrella Corps is definitely only the "warm up", but if the RE4 and 5 ports indeed turn out to be the aforementioned "offensive", then... yeah, that would be an offense to everyone.

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
its going to be an open world game with micro transactions out the wazooo !!!!! you know capcom they release this episodic and it will be online only and costs you hundreds to even be half a game

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
Honestly.... the sites just confused as usual . i wont hold my breath on capcom announcing anything else especially coming out this year or ending by fiscal march 2017.

black 93

Really hoping this is RE7... But i won't be surprised at all if it isn't. Could be RE2, but i can't see capcom rushing that. If it's another remaster il be p***ed lol

RedPanda

4x the awesome
It had better be RE7. Lord knows they've had enough time to work on it, and even Capcom isn't dumb enough to try to hype us up just to announce ORC2, at least I sure hope not. No way RE2 will be ready by the end of 2016, and remasters of 2 older games doesn't warrant the use of "full-scale offensive" in my eyes, not to mention as others have said it's too early for rev3 already, so the only logical conclusion is the official reveal of RE7. Though it sounds like whatever they are talking about will be released this year, and I fear that an incoming announcement for RE7 stating it's due out this year sounds a little too good to be true.

Top Bottom