• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Capcom: Stay tuned for Resident Evil 7

ResidentDevil

RE Mania

Airaku

Stray Jedi
There are no words of how excited I am for this game. RE7 has been in development for at least 4 years that we know of and it has the potential of being one of the best entries in the series along with RE4. It's essential that if they return the series to it's roots with real survivor horror elements, but it also MUST continue its deep on going story. On the bright side Capcom is at the perfect point canon wise to do this! The Revelation games are also huge step toward reviving the horror roots of the series.

The problem is fitting characters like Jake into this route is going to be a HUGE issue, if not impossible. They at least have a phenomenal selection of characters that perfectly fit with the horror atmosphere. Jill, Rebecca, Claire, Sherry, Moira, and especially Natalia are all great candidates for this. Even Chris can perfectly be set in a horror environment that make sense. The only one that is to far gone is Leon. He's way to trained and his mental state of mind is too strong. They would literally need to break the canon or make him fall and hit his head (like Chris) to make this work. Then again we probably won't see Leon again until RE8 anyways thanks to the odd/even dual storyline.

I VERY ****ed about the Devil May Cry news. Those games are great and DmC was fantastic, if not one of the best entries in the series. They have something so good going on for them.

As for Re7... It's an odd numbered title so perhaps we'll being seeing Wesker again! ^.^ Bring it you cheap ass dirty little bitch! The whole gang is waiting for you bang your ass to the ground! xD

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I would love to "stay tuned", but if they're not even "at a state to talk about it" three years after the release of RE6, it probably means it's going to take another three years before we get to play it. That's fine, they should take as much time as they need to make this game as good as possible, since I'm sure I'm speaking for the majority of fans when I say we'd rather wait a little longer for a polished game than play a rushed one tomorrow, but it's just too early for me to get excited yet.

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
Maybe they're trolling us?

I think they want to surprise us. I can feel it:happy:

EDIT: We'll get the game next year ... or maybe not, but I wouldn't be surprised if they actually release it next year. After all 2016 is the 20th. anniversary of RE.

PS: Damn! No Dragon's Dogma 2. And here I was hoping for a second game :(

Last edited:

black 93

As far as RE7 goes, iv just come around to the idea of 'it'll be here when its here'. I personally think we'll see the RE2 remake first, but it is nice to actually see it acknowledged. Im glad they are taking their time with it but still, the new RE thirst is real for me lol

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I kind of feel that this is just a way for them to try and keep the excitement up for RE7. But for me it's hard to get excited over the news that there is no news.

That's not saying I don't want them to take their time with it though. I would rather wait and have a decent game.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I'm not very hyped at all. My hype has just completely drained with the lack of confirmation from the other obviously fake rumours. Now the first confirmation is "wait".

I was hoping to be tied down with some revelations 2 dlc but they have completely forgotten about making a decent game better.

Umbrella corps doesn't interest me at all either

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I'm not very hyped at all. My hype has just completely drained with the lack of confirmation from the other obviously fake rumours. Now the first confirmation is "wait".

I was hoping to be tied down with some revelations 2 dlc but they have completely forgotten about making a decent game better.

Umbrella corps doesn't interest me at all either

Which batch of rumors are you referring to? (there's lots of them -_-)

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Precisely. There had been so many but capcom wouldn't say one way or another of any of them were true or false so we was left in the dark

So not any in particular? There are quite a few of them, many which are bull****. There has been some claims by a few (hard to find now) Japanese gaming media (newspapers, online blog, etc) that claimed they seen parts of the game. (only one that I can say that I may believe). Some of them seem to believable and I for one personally think RE7 has seen MULTIPLE revisions like RE4 did.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
So not any in particular? There are quite a few of them, many which are bull****. There has been some claims by a few (hard to find now) Japanese gaming media (newspapers, online blog, etc) that claimed they seen parts of the game. (only one that I can say that I may believe). Some of them seem to believable and I for one personally think RE7 has seen MULTIPLE revisions like RE4 did.
There's no point referencing any in particular, though if you need to know just look through the countless threads on the re7 section of this forum. My point though was that even the most believable ones were never discredited by Capcom.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
I just noticed something from the article,

"Asked for a response to the notion that the Resident Evil series is "losing its horror touch," Kawata seemed to agree, but went on to say that Capcom wants the franchise to return to its horror roots."

well they better not be lying again this time seriously.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
There's no point referencing any in particular, though if you need to know just look through the countless threads on the re7 section of this forum. My point though was that even the most believable ones were never discredited by Capcom.

Even still, I was curious on which ones you had in mind :)

Capcom never even commented on ANY of the rumors... -_- They wouldn't say anything. The most popular rumors were flat out complete bull****. The only one I MIGHT believe is the one that a Japanese gaming media outlet released prior to E3 2014 (article is gone now so I don't know why I'm even bringing this up) which claimed they seen the game and that Capcom is really playing this one close to the chest and aiming for a more focused survival horror experience. They claim it is different from what we've had before and may have paranormal elements similar to Silent Hill in a way that make sense to the story. Additionally Capcom has been playing around with the idea of having no guns in the game (I don't see this happening, but ok). If I recall correctly it also stated that there will be no co-op and it would be one single female protagonist who they failed to recognise, claiming it was an all new character. The aim is for a more focused and streamlined experience that will blow players minds away.

Of course this was over a year ago and a lot of this could have changed, but I am curious to see if elements of this is correct or if they were just making a sensible rumor. Or maybe it's just too good to be true. There was a whole list of things that they observed from the game but I can only recall the above, I've probably spent a good 5-6 hours over all (not all at once) trying to find it again..... such a **** off! But all in all... I actually DO have A LOT of faith in RE7, I get this gut feeling that tells me it's going to be one of the best in the series. What will happen... I have no idea, just speculation xD

I think they should just stop with numbering the games. RE7 won't make any people that are new to the series wanna get in to it.

Meg

So bin ich eben
I won't be surprised if it's a lot closer to being ready than Capcom is letting on. It could be they just want to wait for the right time to do the big reveal. We'll see. ^^

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
If it doesn't come out next year I'll be really surprised. It is the 20th anniversary after all and all we have so far is RE0 and Umbrella Corps and they're both coming out at the beginning of the year. I can't think of any other games that could be announced for next year so it must be RE7.

It'll probably be another random announcement sometime in February (or around then) like RE6 was, then it'll be released towards the end of the year.

black 93

Im really looking forward to RE7. Iv got a gut feeling that this game is gunna be brilliant. The lead up to RE6 was the "on disc DLC, lets make twenty street fighter 4's because we dont care what our customers want" era of capcom. After all the good stuff capcom have done in the past couple years (remastering the classics, remaking RE2, asking for our input and making revelations 2) im really excited.

Last edited:
Top Bottom