• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Capcom says the next RE title will "return to its roots..."

weskerondope

im happy for you ada
i wish i could also enjoy the new games more than just one time before i get bored
i consider myself a big fan

im curious, what is your opinion on survivor 2, gaiden and opperation raccoon city?

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
I hope it will return to its roots, i liked to play every night around 1-3 AM resident evil 2 and 3 and it was so scary, so I do really hope it's going to return to its scary roots

weskerondope

hopefully resident evil is over now (except maybe 1.5)
i think its for the best really
it should have happened sooner
resident evil went from the hands of true artists to the hands of perverted sick freaks who
rapes our eyes with their new garbage games that nobody in their right mind could ever enjoy

if i had the budget and the knowledge i could easily make a resident evil game thats better than re5,6 and rev

so maybe evil within can turn into a franshise too (if its good)

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
I really don't like the idea of making The Evil Within, cos if it turns out to be a GREAT game then they would just stop making Resident Evil and that's what scares me the most The END OF RESIDENT EVIL D:

weskerondope

well resident evil pretty much ended in 2005 anyway
dont get me wrong, if hell would freeze and pigs starts to fly and capcom actually makes a good re game
then i would love that

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
well resident evil pretty much ended in 2005 anyway
dont get me wrong, if hell would freeze and pigs starts to fly and capcom actually makes a good re game
then i would love that
I agree with that, They messed up RE franchise with all these parasites (spiders, bees, living plants...etc) I think dead walking and cerberus were pretty enough. But now they made flying "zombie" bees...and all those ****s that makes game less fun and unreal and Zombies that are smart enough to use guns like the ones in Resident Evil 6 ...it's pretty lame to see dead using guns and knives
-excuse me for my poor English, I'm not native speaker

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I agree with that, They messed up RE franchise with all these parasites (spiders, bees, living plants...etc) I think dead walking and cerberus were pretty enough. But now they made flying "zombie" bees...and all those ***** that makes game less fun and unreal and Zombies that are smart enough to use guns like the ones in Resident Evil 6 ...it's pretty lame to see dead using guns and knives
-excuse me for my poor English, I'm not native speaker
...But it's a virus...A virus WOULD affect all of that stuff...As would parasites. It would be completely illogical to leave ALL of that out. And why all those things are the way they are is explained through various files...And as for guns, that make PERFECT sense. The zombies don't even know they have, and are using guns...But when you die with a gun in your hand, and you reanimate, it's not hard to believe at ALL that you'd still be holding it...Whether it's scary or not doesn't matter...Because it all makes perfect sense...

Last edited:

weskerondope

resident evil and logic doesnt work together at all
and its not suppose to, its only supposed to entertain
the new games after resident evil 4 was entertaining but gets boring fast
thats the problem, no replay value anymore

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
resident evil and logic doesnt work together at all
and its not suppose to, its only supposed to entertain
the new games after resident evil 4 was entertaining but gets boring fast
thats the problem, no replay value anymore
...How does any of what I said show that logic in RE doesn't work. For one, we're talking about a game with FAKE viruses and Parasites, so taking that into account, what we saw was TOTALLY logical...

weskerondope

yeah i get your point
but my point is that it doesnt matter if stuff in the games are logical or not as long as they are fun
the reason i dont like the new games is not cause the zombies have guns
i just dont like them cause they kinda suck a bit
when i play them i try to imagine its not resident evil but a simple action game
which is fun once in a while,
but they screwed up the perfect formula just to get bigger audience (the type that should never be allowed to play RE in the first place)
it would be like removing th violence, bad language and the doped up prostitutes from gta series and make it into a family game simply cause it may sell more, but even a gta game like that could in theory be better than re6

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
But to be fair, old school RE WOULDN'T sell nowadays...Well...Not pre-2013 since the recent surge in Survival Horror came back...But at the time of all the changes, it wouldn't have, which would have killed the series as a whole...

weskerondope

i would have rather seen the series ended on a high not than becoming what it is today
i mildly enjoyed the ones after re4, but they should have had different titles than resident evil
like i said before, its thanks to loyal fans like us that the series still exists
we bought enough copies of resident evil 1 in 1996 to finnance the sequels (got my copy 2000 though)
i think its just perverted of capcom to take what is rightfully ours and give it to the cod audience
who by the way doesnt even like these games at all

man im starting to sound like a freaking video game nazi here so i better shut up for a while

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
To be fair, don't they always claim to be going back to Resident Evil's roots with each new game?
Well, in a sense they do. RE5 went back to the roots of the Original RE in terms of Story, and as much as people don't want to admit it, RE6 had some great throwbacks. The first half of Leon's story was very old school. Ustanak was nothing BUT a Nemesis throwback, and there were even multiple times where the camera angles were fixed. So it's a slow but steady process...

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
I loved operation raccoon city ..... But did not like having to pay for the other half of the game as DLC !!!!!!! Also there were no puzzles or back tracking to find things .

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I'm not entirely sure where Resident Evil 5 went back to RE's roots in terms of story, unless you simply mean that it went back to Jill, Chris and Wesker but throwbacks definitely aren't going old school. A throwback is simply a nod to the older games.
If throwbacks were old school, Operation Raccoon City would be considered the core of RE's roots simply on principle and I think everyone can agree that ORC is so far from old school it's not even funny.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'm not entirely sure where Resident Evil 5 went back to RE's roots in terms of story, unless you simply mean that it went back to Jill, Chris and Wesker but throwbacks definitely aren't going old school. A throwback is simply a nod to the older games.
If throwbacks were old school, Operation Raccoon City would be considered the core of RE's roots simply on principle and I think everyone can agree that ORC is so far from old school it's not even funny.
It went back to the roots in terms of finishing the story that was set before us in the very first game over ten years earlier. It wasn't a "Throwback." It was the main plot of the story. That said, "Going back to the roots" doesn't mean gameplay. The roots can be ANYTHING pertaining to the beginnings of Resident Evil...

Top Bottom