• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Operation Raccoon City Can you really killl Leon?

Do you think it's possible that Leon cannot die in Operation Raccoon City?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SpawnShooter

This party's getting crazy!
Hell if i know...but in all seriousness thats what i think the apocolypse will be...

When there is no more room left in hell, the dead will walk the earth ;)

I'm not going to kill Leon,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APH1LIJaq7A&feature=player_detailpage#t=16s

But seriously I wonder, if you can kill him if it's only at the end or always in the same situation, it would be cool if you had multiple chances to kill him in the game that may affect certain things later, like certain areas he went in might be open or closed, or you may have to defeat certain bosses a different way.

KennedyShot02

LoL watching the trailer I find myself thinking that wasn't Leon's death though. I don't think Capcom would make it that easy. They would atleast have him take down one or two members of that unit with him.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
LoL watching the trailer I find myself thinking that wasn't Leon's death though. I don't think Capcom would make it that easy. They would atleast have him take down one or two members of that unit with him.

Who really knows...games allways show promotional cut scenes that never are in the actual game...

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
Touching up on what was previously mentioned last page, Rage Virus would totally be possible. Talk about the ultimate biohazard.... Oddly enough there was an article in the Army Times about higher ups considering what they would do given a zombieapocalypse were to occur. If they're seriously taking it that far something tells me someone's working on the Rage Virus or they're all just SUPER paranoid. Zombies? They defy science and nature. The dead can't walk. If it did happen though... head to your nearest Lowes or Home Depot -your pot dealer's basement works too.

"What did you do to survive the apocalypse?"
"Dude we got stoned, it was awesome!"
:confused:****

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Touching up on what was previously mentioned last page, Rage Virus would totally be possible. Talk about the ultimate biohazard.... Oddly enough there was an article in the Army Times about higher ups considering what they would do given a zombieapocalypse were to occur. If they're seriously taking it that far something tells me someone's working on the Rage Virus or they're all just SUPER paranoid. Zombies? They defy science and nature. The dead can't walk. If it did happen though... head to your nearest Lowes or Home Depot -your pot dealer's basement works too.

"What did you do to survive the apocalypse?"
"Dude we got stoned, it was awesome!"
:confused:****
Why Lowes/Home Depot...

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
Why Lowes/Home Depot...
It's best from a fortification point of view. If you're traversing massive spaces you're going to need rest and sleep or a home base if you're not going anywhere. There's wood panels and cinderblock everywhere. Cement is also in healthy supply as are powertools and axes for various purposes. You could outfit a truck with some easy armor without need of a mechanic. The most important thing, however, would be the peace of mind in sleep. You can actually be rested to make a run the next day to the next checkpoint.

If a virus outbreak of some kind were to occur (even if you're traveling by yourself) you'd need to pace yourself. Also, if the military napalms the city, you're surrounded by concrete. I'm sure there's some area somewhere with concrete walls that'd let you live the firestorm. Otherwise, you have building blocks, something could probably be figured out. The city is your oyster and Lowes or Home Depot are like fortresses. You can even use one of their many ladders to get to the roof to scope out the surroundings and the building can house many, many people without people who shouldn't be together causing trouble.

I always thought it'd be an interesting idea to create a travel network of them for survivors. An Underground Railroad for survivors, if you will. They're relatively safe compared to other structures. Zombies or infected aren't as much of an issue when three feet of wood and cinderblock are between you and them -that's assuming they even know you're there. The hard part would be the initial clearout of the said Lowes or Home Depot. Once cleared, you have a safe place to hang out after foraging. If they're not zombies, you could just outlive them 'cause they'd all starve -most likely. The behavior of infected would be a factor in how to make your play seeing as real-life infected may not act like the ones in movies or games so things could be more complicated, but you'd at least have a place where you could brainstorm without getting eaten. Time to think is priceless and invaluable to your life in a situation where your life (and possibly others) depends on your actions.

That, and if you really think about it... infected plague really isn't that ludicrous an idea. It's entirely plausible someone is trying to make a weapon like that. Literally, you could concievably decimate an entire country's population with a plague. Plague is the one thing that kills more people than years of warfare and we have NO adequate defense against it or WARNING. It happens quickly, it spreads quickly. Population dies off and other countries move in if there aren't enough survivors to defend themselves from attack. Something like that would be the ideal weapon against America. No one's dumb enough to attack us on our own soil in full force. The only reason terrorists get away with it is because they're not centralized in a way that we can attack. Vietnam on the other hand... they wouldn't even get close. They fire missiles, we shoot said missiles out of the sky and nail them so hard they don't get back up. They send ships, we sink them. Our geographic isolation makes us near impossible to fight not to mention we're a powerful militant country to begin with. A plague feeds on that isolation though. With an airline lock on the Americas, the virus would have little chance of making it to the country that released it. Terrorists could easily do the same. It's actually quite genius if you think about it, it could SO easily backfire though. The backlash of something like that would not be repairable and whomever uses it or creates it would have to keep that in mind.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
It's best from a fortification point of view. If you're traversing massive spaces you're going to need rest and sleep or a home base if you're not going anywhere. There's wood panels and cinderblock everywhere. Cement is also in healthy supply as are powertools and axes for various purposes. You could outfit a truck with some easy armor without need of a mechanic. The most important thing, however, would be the peace of mind in sleep. You can actually be rested to make a run the next day to the next checkpoint.
I'm sorry...this very first paragraph clears everything up...i thought you meant as a PERMANENT place to stay...If youre just talking for a one night stand then i DEFINITELY agree...

ZombieHunter20

resident evil operation raccoon city !@!!
I dont lol...i'm saying it CAN happen cause its a non cannon game...
you know what ? when he shots at leon then vector says target elliminated so he shot leon or he just shot something and maybe he is lying to his comrades tha he killed him something like that

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
Looking at RE's history with games, I believe you can. Remember RE1.. you can save your team members (Jill, Chris, Rebecca and Barry) depending on who you are or let them die. Same with RE3 with Nikoli.. you can kill him or let him go. So yeah, I think there will be different outcomes in the game depending on the paths you take and what not.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
So you con only pick one?

I think this game will progress in a storylike manner.

At the beginning of the story you may run into Leon at first and have him as your target. Later you might run into Claire or Ada and have them as your target and so on.

So to answer your question no.

You will most likely be able to kill any RE staple character you run into that may have dirt on Umbrella such as Leon,Jill,Carlos,Ada, and Claire.

After all that is the teams main objective which is to silence anyone who could potentially know Umbrella's deep dark secrets.

Excella

Chris Redfield <3
I read in an interview that they didn't want to end the series without Leon and Chris meeting up so, if that is true, Leon isn't really dead <3

wesker_awesome

After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
I read in an interview that they didn't want to end the series without Leon and Chris meeting up so, if that is true, Leon isn't really dead <3
This is an alternate universe. If you want to leave RE history alone you can, but you can change it you can do that too.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
This is an alternate universe. If you want to leave RE history alone you can, but you can change it you can do that too.

Exactly.

This game does not change the established timeline at all.

You can indeed change the story and outcome in the game but it does not effect the already established timeline.

So people really need to not take this game so seriously and go "OMFG Leon is going to get killed!!!" or "Claire and Leon can't be killed because it will change RE history forever!!!".

Its best not to take this game to seriously. Its for fun and nothing more and will not change anything in the main timeline.

Top Bottom