• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

And how to hack a demo for dummies

Status
Not open for further replies.

L

Lurker
Ok most of you dont know how to hack a demo. i have never done it but this is how.

A demo of the game has the whole game loaded on it and a stopping point. if your good at memorizing a disk you can scratch the paert of the disk a demo ends on. if you want to do it the hard way put the game cd in your computer (no gamecube) and search through all the files but dont touch a thing. eventually you will find a file called DEMO. go into that and delete it. you can now play the full game.

WARNING: NOT TESTED.

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
Actually that makes tehnical sense. Did anyone ever notice with 360 demo downloads, the file size is the same as the actual game? (This example is best portrayed by the XBLA games.) That's useful info. Now how to do it on 360... (Ponders.) Joking, cost too damn much to risk it.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
im sorry but i dont believe that....
plus if your silly enough to scratch your disk, then go you.

L

Lurker
lol scratching is a bit stupid but i looked into it more. the demo file you cant delete. you have to delete a certain file in the demo or else the beginning of the game will skip.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
I do believe in Hacking demo's just not with the scratch method..i don't think i would want to waste the disk, when chances are it won't work afterwards...:confused:

L

Lurker
yeah. Gamecube demow though are impossible to turn into the full game because of stuff with two discs.

Hoady

lol it couldn't hurt to try i have a heap of old demo disks on original xbox that are already hell scratched i could give it a shot.

Hoady

well i see where your coming from but i also don't see the point in it lol.I have a shenmue 2 demo*thinks*...god i want that game....

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
wait a minute.. a demo is the whole game... thats what your saying? a demo is just like two of three levels of the game not the whole thing, an they would not put a whole game on a demo disc an block you from playing it.

nah man dont make sence. im very confused.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
thats a waste of space why make something no one knows about? an how are you meant to scratch a disc in the right place lol that sounds well hard to do.

Hoady

I wouldn't be surprised but i'd expect some kind of program to do it they wouldn't make it so simple.

Sephiroxas

I didn't think you could actually delete things from already made game discs. I also didn't know they would bother putting the whole game onto a disc. I thought the point of most demos was so they didn't take up much room. Either way, Talk of "Hacking" is against the rules.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom