• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Alex Wesker...

Mr Sunshine

I eventually found the file I was talking about:

Report on Project W - Aug. 28, 1998

"It has been confirmed that the accident at the Raccoon City Arklay Research Facility was due to the involvement of Project W test subject No. 013 (hereafter referred to as Albert). His death in the accident has made obtaining any further information an impossibility. (Albert's death was confirmed by the Information Department.)
Albert's death puts the current success rate of Project W down to 18 percent.
The quota of qualified individuals for the project has been drastically reduced and must be addressed immediately. This poses a grave situation for any progress that can hope to be made in the project.
Since there is no roster of qualified individuals to replace the recent losses, it would be advisable to start selecting individuals from the pool of failed candidates.
After this, adjustments can be made that will restore up to 93 percent of the quota prior to Albert's death.
Umbrella Information Department
Alex W.
"

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Very nice, definately makes me anxious to see what RE6 has in store, or just where ever they take this Alex character.

Mr Sunshine

I'm not quite sure if the "W" stands for Wesker though. This Alex W. works in the information department. But you said Alex Wesker was trying to create a virus that could make Spencer a god. Could they be the same person? :confused:

Does the project W has to do with creating a god-virus?

johnny64

resdient evil is always leaving clues in it games about future installment threw its in game documents based off that I think the next bad gut is gonna be 1 of 3 people , alex wesker , Jenny K and Henning P. Jenny K and Henning P are both mention as 2 of the 10 people who know everything about umbrella and are the only ones still alive. And alex is made out to sound like a uber version of wesker. With wesker and spencer dead resident evil feels like it should be over. whatever is next shoould be titled "resident evil the next generation" or "bsaa adventures" as it will be a completly different story wise from when it started.

And from what I understood project wesker was suppose to be a test run of the next lv of human evolution . And as for the w standing for wesker in my opinion definately stands for wesker becuase as I mention before resident evil always leave clues threw it documents and the resemblences isnt coincedence. It could also be the original wesker that the project is named after. wish you could keep all the text to read its so much to remeber

T-1009

In Resident Evil 5, chapter 5-2, the man who later turns into an Urobouros creature, has the same glowing eyes as Wesker. Personally I don't know if he is (or was) someone worth bringing up, but there is no one else in the series whose eyes glow that way. Maybe the man who was tested on was Alex Wesker, outbested and captured by Albert Wesker, or maybe he was some other hack who was walking to a Walgreens store and kidnapped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnDelXK4sXM (not my video, btw)

Kagara

If they do bring this Alex character into the series as a villian I hope they do with some subtlety, like referring to him in one or two files or something so there is build-up.

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
@Spike
I think it could be possible that Alex was in contact with Nicholai. Alex worked for Umbrella's information department so maybe Nicholai had to meet him when passing on the data from Raccoon City.

@wolfgirl
That wikia entry isn't correct. The file you find in RE5 signed by Alex W. had to have been written some time after Albert faked his death in RE1 and before he was discovered to be alive in Code Veronica. And Alex is number 12 in the Wesker project so he can't be the project's director.

I think Alex Wesker could show up in Revelations. Spencer says he was working in the south seas and doesn't the game take place on a tanker?

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
FalleN;73787 said:
I'm not quite sure if the "W" stands for Wesker though. This Alex W. works in the information department. But you said Alex Wesker was trying to create a virus that could make Spencer a god. Could they be the same person? :confused:

Does the project W has to do with creating a god-virus?

Of course, I was a little presumptuous in assuming it's Alex, child 012, but it is a likely thing. I mean a real coincidence for something like that to happen, not that a coincidence like that couldn't happen in the real world...but in a fictional universe, I'm sure Capcom would try to avoid such things, like having too many characters with the same name, we have like two Kevin's, a couple of Edward's, etc, but as Alex is such a huge part, in a small way, I can almost gaurantee it's the same guy.:)

Of course that's just my theory, and I could be totally wrong...hopefully we get some new stuff from Revelations, stuff that will answer these questions.

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
It has to be the same Alex. The file Chris found in Africa signed Alex W. had to have been written before Umbrella's fall in 2003. And Spencer's Memoires were written towards the end of his life in 2006.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
T-Vaccinated Kid;86902 said:
It has to be the same Alex. The file Chris found in Africa signed Alex W. had to have been written before Umbrella's fall in 2003. And Spencer's Memoires were written towards the end of his life in 2006.

There was actually a date on the file, I believe it was just like a month after the Mansion Incident, I'd have to check though.

I always thought it was cool how both Alex & Albert both worked for the Information Department(this is of course still assuming that this Alex is 012), around, if not at the same time, which could mean they knew eachother. LIN did a great job of leaving us with a great cliffhanger, involving Alex, but they really need to hurry up and pick that up, hopefully Revelations.

@Fallen, I neglected to mention this before, but anyway, Project W was all about creating a perfect soldier, person, etc, for Spencer's Utopia. Forced evolution through virus' and all that mumbo jumbo. Of course Spencer had assigned Alex to work on creating something that would keep him from dying, give him immortality.

From the documents in LIN, we can tell that Spencer hates his old & nonfuncioning body, and was completely reliant on Alex's work. Of course as we know, Alex & everyone on the secluded area(I believe it was an island right?) dissappeared...gotta suck for Spence. Not really sure what he expected to accomplish by luring Albert there though, as he had initiated it, and planned for him to be there.

I wonder if he expected Al to kill him...I mean, it's almost like when Al stands right in front of the Tyrant and gets impaled...he wanted it to happen, for the virus to work, and that is a theory I had about Spencer awhile back, but then I kind of forgot about it, simply because I hate when people keep getting brought back from the dead...I think Al Wesker has done that enough for everybody in Resident Evil.

Top Bottom