• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Albert and William's goal achieve? (Wishful thinking)

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Raid mode is awesome, I've been playing Revelations since Christmas and still haven't got bored of it. It's more diverse than Mercenaries, in my opinion. :)

MetalGamer2

Survivor
What's Raid Mode? I have not had the pleasure of playing this game yet. :oops:

Raid Mode is the mini-game in RER. Basically it's kinda like the action mini-games from the old RE, where you have to fight your way through a variety of enemies. It's also the only part of RER that's playable coop.

I think it's pretty fun because it's not like Mercs where you have a timer (I think there's couple levels where there's a timer as part of an objective, but most don't), and the levels are really diverse. Another plus is the customization system of Revelations, which compliments Raid Mode well. In RER you can equip different weapons with different custom parts that alter/improve certain aspects of it. In Raid Mode, they have a HUGE variety of custom parts, and a lot more weapons than are in the campaign. Also, you get to choose your character and their loadout, which is something I much prefer over the preset loadouts of Mercs. It's also really fun trying to collect all the different types of weapons :D

Raid mode is awesome, I've been playing Revelations since Christmas and still haven't got bored of it. It's more diverse than Mercenaries, in my opinion. :)
Yeah, it's awesome isn't it? I've had RER since the day it came out, but I've never had an official partner to play with (other than random people online). Wanna add me on the 3DS so we can play Raid Mode together? :)

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
^Raid mode is an unlock able game mode in Revelations.
It's basically story mode chapters that can be played Co Op but enemies may have certain buffs and you can upgrade and get new guns to use, as well as play as people not available in story mode (Obrian, Gorman, flint ECt)
It's pretty fun :D

Edit
Heh web page didn't load responses before me

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Also on raid mode there are three difficulties, and you have to work on your level to get better weapons. You start at level 1 and the maximum is level 50. There are loads of different upgrades to buy, such as ammo bags which mean you can carry more bullets, body armour which reduces damage, grenade holders and things like that. As you progress you can get better holders and ammo bags with higher levels. This mode has tremendous replay value. :)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Maybe it was fan service? I thought it looked great. :oops:

Hmmm, could be. Jill's battlesuit was fine though. haha

I thought it completed the look. Oh well, we've always been in disagreement on that one.

I like trenchoats, but the one they used was so stupid, I thought. Did I mention that it looks like a cape?

Have you ever seen Buffy or Angel? Well the Angel character typically wears a black trenchcoat, and it fits wayyy better and looks so much cooler, if they had given Wesker a coat like that, I would've been fine with it...
William was such a dork and a pushover. We don't even get to see that awsome side by side walk they did in zero.

I know right? That scene was pretty sweet, Birkin with his clipboard, and Wesker with his STARS uniform. I actually lol'd at the end, when they were standing over Marcus after he got shot up, "I will take over your research. ahahahaha". Don't know why he found that so funny.:)

I was just playing through RE0, and UC(I was particularly in the mood for the Becca and Richard chapters), and I got to see all that stuff again. UC is a great game, and I love it, I just got done playing through a bunch of it actually, like the Raccoon stuff with Jill/Carlos, as well as Ada and Hunk's levels, and had a blast, but obviously they were quite lazy in a lot of ways.

It's sequel, DSC actually did the games justice, more so than UC did.

I actually thought that was cool. XD

OMG.

What's Raid Mode now?

Hmmm, how can I describe it...it's basically a lot like the Extreme Battle game and the Battle Game from RE2 and CVX. And RE3 Mercs for that matter. You just start at point A, as whichever character you choose, you can unlock more too, and you get your 3 weapons, which you get to choose and customize, and try to get to point B. You can play with a buddy, via wireless multiplayer, and online play too.

It's pretty nice, though it sucks if you play with like a level 50 person, while you are like 30 or something.
The 3DS version doesn't have a MB? Lame. Anyways, I agree I hope there are some goodies they add and not Mercenaries. I'm tired of Mercenaries, it's the same thing in every game they need to make a new mini game.

Nope, no movie browser, which is a shame, because it's pretty much been mandatory for awhile, the Outbreaks, RE4(rereleased versions, RE5, DSC, RE6). UC didn't have one either for some reason. But yes, it's a shame because RER has some really cool cutscenes, that I wish I could watch.

And no Mercs. Besides, Mercs wouldn't work in RER, at all. With the way the enemies are, and you don't even control like you do in RE5, completely. It's not really an action-packed game, you only get one melee attack, and it's when you get an enemy in a groggy status.

Jill has a sweet reverse roundhouse kick, Chris has a killer uppercut(with those arms you better believe it), Parker has a hard forearm attack, and just various things for different characters. The game is really great, a cool story, some comic relief, and I really liked the Clive R. O'Brian character. But I'll stop talking about RER, since you haven't played it yet.;)

Did I mention that it looks like a cape?

Have you ever seen Buffy or Angel? Well the Angel character typically wears a black trenchcoat, and it fits wayyy better and looks so much cooler, if they had given Wesker a coat like that, I would've been fine with it...
Yes, you did mention that it looked like a cape, but no, I have not seen Buffy or Angel. Perhaps you can show me a pic.

I actually lol'd at the end, when they were standing over Marcus after he got shot up, "I will take over your research. ahahahaha". Don't know why he found that so funny.:)
Because he had to do is evil villain laugh. :cool:

I was just playing through RE0, and UC(I was particularly in the mood for the Becca and Richard chapters), and I got to see all that stuff again. UC is a great game, and I love it, I just got done playing through a bunch of it actually, like the Raccoon stuff with Jill/Carlos, as well as Ada and Hunk's levels, and had a blast, but obviously they were quite lazy in a lot of ways.

It's sequel, DSC actually did the games justice, more so than UC did.

I actually didn't like the retellings of DC or UC, there were some bits and pieces I liked but for the most part I agree, they were lazy.

Hmmm, how can I describe it...it's basically a lot like the Extreme Battle game and the Battle Game from RE2 and CVX. And RE3 Mercs for that matter. You just start at point A, as whichever character you choose, you can unlock more too, and you get your 3 weapons, which you get to choose and customize, and try to get to point B. You can play with a buddy, via wireless multiplayer, and online play too.
Hmmm, that kinda sounds like Mercenaries with different rules. Lol

It's pretty nice, though it sucks if you play with like a level 50 person, while you are like 30 or something.
Well, that's with any game. ;)

Nope, no movie browser, which is a shame, because it's pretty much been mandatory for awhile, the Outbreaks, RE4(rereleased versions, RE5, DSC, RE6). UC didn't have one either for some reason. But yes, it's a shame because RER has some really cool cutscenes, that I wish I could watch.
Well, there's always youtube. :D

Top Bottom