• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your Favorite Anime(s)

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
My girlfriend recently showed me the world of Studio Ghibli. And i cant get enough of it. The animation, story, character development, even the punchlines are incredibly well dubbed. And they're all rated G. Needless to say i'm fascinated with Hayao Miyazakis work. Rarely do i get excited over G-rated movies anymore. What about everyone else? What are some of your favorite series and why?

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Ghost in the Shell/Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Eureka Seven
Full Metal Alchemist/Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Any and all Studio Ghibli films

For the first 3, they are my favorites because I enjoyed them, I love the stories, characters, voice acting, and animations.

As for the Studio Ghibli films, they are my favorites because of the same reasons and they are part of my childhood and I would go back and watch them and I wouldn't even mind watching the newest movies. My favorites are Spirited Away (3rd favorite), Kiki's Special Delivery Service (2nd favorite), and Princess Mononoke.

Some more animes that may be my favorites and ones that I am going to watch soon are Cowboy Bebop and X.

Silverback

Moving Mountains
1 - Ghost in the Shell: SAC (Haven't seen this in years, but I had I think, the first two seasons on DVD - Highly recommend this serie's)

2 - Cowboy Bebop (Only saw a coupe of episodes before the channel disappeared, or was removed from the menu, whichever)

3 - Ergo Proxy (Haven't seen much of this, but I enjoyed what little I saw)

4 - Hellsing (Same as above. Enjoyed the concept, but haven't seen much)

5 - Ninja Resurrection (I think it was called. I haven't seen the serie's, but I enjoy the animation and concept through watching a couple video's online. Looked like a really interesting Manga)

I haven't seen much Manga/Anime whatsoever, but I enjoy them moreso then Western cartoons. They're just superior in animation, story, character expressions, etc.

There totally needs to be a Resident Evil Manga/Anime.

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
Ghost in the Shell/Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Eureka Seven
Full Metal Alchemist/Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Any and all Studio Ghibli films

For the first 3, they are my favorites because I enjoyed them, I love the stories, characters, voice acting, and animations.

As for the Studio Ghibli films, they are my favorites because of the same reasons and they are part of my childhood and I would go back and watch them and I wouldn't even mind watching the newest movies. My favorites are Spirited Away (3rd favorite), Kiki's Special Delivery Service (2nd favorite), and Princess Mononoke.

Some more animes that may be my favorites and ones that I am going to watch soon are Cowboy Bebop and X.

I love the Ghost in the Shell animes, I actually like GITS2: Innocence the best i dont know why. I really like the diologue in it. One of my favorite lines is "Sleep not you of the dead"

I havent seen the other ones but i recently have been able to rent Animes at the local Popcorn video store so i'll be able to watch alot more.

I've only seen Spirited Away, The Cat Returns, and Laputa: Castle in the sky
So far my favorite is The Cat Returns I love everything about that movie

1 - Ghost in the Shell: SAC (Haven't seen this in years, but I had I think, the first two seasons on DVD - Highly recommend this serie's)

2 - Cowboy Bebop (Only saw a coupe of episodes before the channel disappeared, or was removed from the menu, whichever)

3 - Ergo Proxy (Haven't seen much of this, but I enjoyed what little I saw)

4 - Hellsing (Same as above. Enjoyed the concept, but haven't seen much)

5 - Ninja Resurrection (I think it was called. I haven't seen the serie's, but I enjoy the animation and concept through watching a couple video's online. Looked like a really interesting Manga)

I haven't seen much Manga/Anime whatsoever, but I enjoy them moreso then Western cartoons. They're just superior in animation, story, character expressions, etc.

There totally needs to be a Resident Evil Manga/Anime.
I totally agree with you about the RE manga/Anime....i'm actually surprised there isnt one with the influx of zombie associated productions lately. Or if there is i haven't heard of it. I think it would be amazing with the different styles of manga out there....things could get really nasty lol

Hellsing and Cowboy Beebop are on my list only because April said i need to watch them. She's also a big fan of Gantz but i cant find it anywhere

I was also told Samurai Champloo is really good but i havent been able to see it yet.
Anime was never something I ever got into. I liked Sailor Moon when I was little but that's the extent of it.
Even if you dont like Anime's or have preconceived notions of it. I whole-heartedly recommend you get some Studio Ghibli movies. They're still really wierd and japanese-EE but Disney re-edited them (english) and did a remarkable job with voice-overs. They are some of the cutest, well drawn, stories i've come across. I'd start with The Cat Returns as it is one of three that i've seen so far that is my favorite...Second would be Spirited Away. I'd try those two out and if you dont like it then Anime isnt really your thing. But i wont hold that against you :p
Only one i like is naruto
How many animes have you seen?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Studio Ghibli rules!!

As far as anime, I'm a bit of an otaku, so this list will be long...And not necessarily in this order...

Dragon Ball Z-It was my first when I was around 4 years old, so it will always be my favorite...
Devil May Cray-Did a wonderful job of making it feel like the games...
Naruto-Kind of like Dragon Ball Z but with better character development...
Soul Eater-All I can say it badass...
Corpse Princess-Again...Just badass...
Code Geass-The most intelligent action anime there is...
KiKi's Delivery Service-The best Studio Ghibli movie...
Spirited Away-The Second best Studio Ghbili movie...
My Neighbor Totoro-The third best Studio Ghbili movie...
Yu Yu Hakusho-Like Bleach, but TEN TIMES better, from around the same time period as DBZ here in American...
Poke'mon-What can I say, it speaks for itself
Digimon-I actually like old Digimon BETTER than Poke'mon...
Ouran High School Host Club-God I love this show...
Fruits Basket- So freakin' cute...
Sailor Moon-I watched when I was young, just like YuYu Hakusho and DBZ...
Tokyo Majinn-Excellent type of horror anime...
Supernatural: The Anime-An anime adaption of the prime time drama Supernatural...Sam is ACTUALLY voiced by Jared!!
Full Metal Alchemist-One of the first anime I sat an watched all the way through continuously...
One Peice-I love the older series, but I'm not caught up on the new ones...
High School of the Dead-A must watch for Resident Evil fans, or zombie fans in general...It's blow your effin mind...
Sonic X-Stays true to the games in SUCH a great way, but in a different way than the DMC anime...
Street Fighter-Another anime that did a great job at staying true the the games...
Samurai Champloo-Excellent anime with good characters...

That's it for now lol...Sorry about the long list guys, but they really are all great...I speak Japanese as well, though it's really rough, so I may enjoy these more than the average person...

sadistic_greyfox

Ghost in the Shell (Movies and Animes). The movies are deep on so many levels that I spoiled myself, after watching them i went out looking for more in the same vein but nothing could have ever compared.

Black Lagoon - It's like Cowboy Bebop but a bit more over the top. Plus I just dig bad ass rude chicks with tats and dark hair :p .

Cowboy bebop/Samurai Champloo - they're great, so great I really dont need to say nothing about them, reputation speaks for itself.

Neon Genesis Evangelion (original) - it can get pretty dark sometimes and watching it through my teen years didn't help much

BTW Gantz anime is pretty low budget. If anything I'd advise youyou read the manga's which were soooo much better but it was dirty, i mean dirty as in x rated. Rape, murder...sometimes even at the same time.

I've got more but they're all old school as I dislike almost all new anime.

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
Ghost in the Shell (Movies and Animes). The movies are deep on so many levels that I spoiled myself, after watching them i went out looking for more in the same vein but nothing could have ever compared.

Black Lagoon - It's like Cowboy Bebop but a bit more over the top. Plus I just dig bad ass rude chicks with tats and dark hair :p .

Cowboy bebop/Samurai Champloo - they're great, so great I really dont need to say nothing about them, reputation speaks for itself.

Neon Genesis Evangelion (original) - it can get pretty dark sometimes and watching it through my teen years didn't help much

BTW Gantz anime is pretty low budget. If anything I'd advise youyou read the manga's which were soooo much better but it was dirty, i mean dirty as in x rated. Rape, murder...sometimes even at the same time.

I've got more but they're all old school as I dislike almost all new anime.
Yea when i have more money i plan on getting alot of mangas and graphic novels including The Walking Dead and i didnt know Gantz had a manga....but that just goes to show my knowledge on the subject. Thanks for the list i have to check them out...after i watch and read more i'd be curious to the others you are talking about.

I really like the Ghost in the Shell movies. But i need to get the first one again and rewatch it.
Studio Ghibli rules!!

As far as anime, I'm a bit of an otaku, so this list will be long...And not necessarily in this order...

Dragon Ball Z-It was my first when I was around 4 years old, so it will always be my favorite...
Devil May Cray-Did a wonderful job of making it feel like the games...
Naruto-Kind of like Dragon Ball Z but with better character development...
Soul Eater-All I can say it badass...
Corpse Princess-Again...Just badass...
Code Geass-The most intelligent action anime there is...
KiKi's Delivery Service-The best Studio Ghibli movie...
Spirited Away-The Second best Studio Ghbili movie...
My Neighbor Totoro-The third best Studio Ghbili movie...
Yu Yu Hakusho-Like Bleach, but TEN TIMES better, from around the same time period as DBZ here in American...
Poke'mon-What can I say, it speaks for itself
Digimon-I actually like old Digimon BETTER than Poke'mon...
Ouran High School Host Club-God I love this show...
Fruits Basket- So freakin' cute...
Sailor Moon-I watched when I was young, just like YuYu Hakusho and DBZ...
Tokyo Majinn-Excellent type of horror anime...
Supernatural: The Anime-An anime adaption of the prime time drama Supernatural...Sam is ACTUALLY voiced by Jared!!
Full Metal Alchemist-One of the first anime I sat an watched all the way through continuously...
One Peice-I love the older series, but I'm not caught up on the new ones...
High School of the Dead-A must watch for Resident Evil fans, or zombie fans in general...It's blow your effin mind...
Sonic X-Stays true to the games in SUCH a great way, but in a different way than the DMC anime...
Street Fighter-Another anime that did a great job at staying true the the games...
Samurai Champloo-Excellent anime with good characters...

That's it for now lol...Sorry about the long list guys, but they really are all great...I speak Japanese as well, though it's really rough, so I may enjoy these more than the average person...

Dragon Ball Z is a childhood favorite of mine. Theres just too much good going on in that series. I mean i actually tried to become super saiyan when i was younger lol.

Spirited Away was amazing. Lol i want a t-shirt with those three green heads

I seem to remember Street Fighter, its been awhile since i've seen it but i love it.

Can someone explain to me what the hell Akira was about? I mean i havent actually analysed personally because its also been a long time since i've seen it. But i just remember being like......"Okay....Akira...mmhmm"

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
This is the only Anime I watched as a kid.

Fighting evil by moonlight,
Winning love by daylight,
Never running from a real fight,
She is the one named Sailor Moon.

She will never turn her back on a friends,
She is always there to defend,
She is the one on whom we can depend,
She is the one named Sailor...

Sailor Venus!
Sailor Mercury!
Sailor Mars!
Sailor Jupiter!

With secret powers all so new to her,

With her Sailor Scouts to help fight,
She is the one named Sailor Moon,
She is the one named Sailor Moon
She is the one
Sailor Moon

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
This is the only Anime I watched as a kid.

Never running from a real fight,

She will never turn her back on a friends,
She is always there to defend,
She is the one on whom we can depend,
She is the one named Sailor...

Sailor Venus!
Sailor Mercury!
Sailor Mars!
Sailor Jupiter!

With secret powers all so new to her,

With her Sailor Scouts to help fight,
She is the one named Sailor Moon,
She is the one named Sailor Moon
She is the one
Sailor Moon
What you didnt like staring contest between two dudes with bulging muscles firing big balls of light tearing off their clothes?...I KNOW I DID!!

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Yea when i have more money i plan on getting alot of mangas and graphic novels including The Walking Dead and i didnt know Gantz had a manga....but that just goes to show my knowledge on the subject. Thanks for the list i have to check them out...after i watch and read more i'd be curious to the others you are talking about.

I really like the Ghost in the Shell movies. But i need to get the first one again and rewatch it.

Dragon Ball Z is a childhood favorite of mine. Theres just too much good going on in that series. I mean i actually tried to become super saiyan when i was younger lol.

Spirited Away was amazing. Lol i want a t-shirt with those three green heads

I seem to remember Street Fighter, its been awhile since i've seen it but i love it.

Can someone explain to me what the hell Akira was about? I mean i havent actually analysed personally because its also been a long time since i've seen it. But i just remember being like......"Okay....Akira...mmhmm"
I tried to become a Super Sayin as well...I think every childhood DBZ fan did...If you have Netflix, check out the Street Fighter anime on there...
Also, i forgot earlier..Eden of the East...

dark_zero

sailor Moon Japanese sub
Inuyasha
Yugioh
Digimon
Pokemon
Marmalade Boy Sub
Dragon Ball Z
Gundam Seed/Destiny
Lovely Complex
Mermaid Melody
Trinity Blood