• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your believe in "HIM"

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
wolfgirl;56602 said:
What do you guys think about that new "Prayers for Spouses" book for Catholic couples? It encourages people to pray before intercourse in order to purify the act.

Why not just not do it lol
What I think? If that's a new book, it was written 700 years too late.
I can better understand prayers to get sex. :D But once you get it concentrate about your partner not prayers.

Captain Courageous;56615 said:
They say this on those christian shows alot"You have to love god more then anyone in this world even if you want to do something in life you have to follow the way of god!However uncomforting or unfufiling it may feel you have to drop those those things you want to do in order to connect with god."
As you said- it is shows and sometimes almost circus. Some of them reminds me of zealots. I wish they would stop giving religion a bad name.

D

Deleted member 1428

Selenatripox;56637 said:
I still think that God forives us NO MATTER WHAT, since i believe in Reincarnation... I believe that we are supposed to learn something in each of our different lives; Be it a Murderer, a Billionaire, someone poor... We are all supposed to learn from our mistakes in our different lives, so we can do better in the next.

So sorry, no matter what you say... No, I still do not believe in Hell.

And regarding "What version of The Bible i have read", like i mentioned earlier... i reject Religion, so I really don't believe that what is in The Bible is true.

Reincarnation is a type of religion I think. If it is, isn't that a little contradictory?

Nosophoros

Reincarnation could also be a form of punishment. Living lives endlessly until the end of the world.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
RANT
I wish my parents never forced me to go church when I was a child. For years an years they forced me... But once I got to a certain age they could no longer force me, and It's not like Ive kept myself free from sin since then lol...

Bleh.
I dont even know what to think about being forced into beleaving.

Jlackleon

Martian Ambassador
Nemises;56666 said:
Reincarnation is a type of religion I think. If it is, isn't that a little contradictory?

Reincarnation is not neccesarrily religion.

EternalImpaler;56672 said:
Reincarnation could also be a form of punishment. Living lives endlessly until the end of the world.

I Disagree.

Double posts merged. Romero

mastermind

***BEFORE YOU READ***
(I RESPECT EVERYONES BELEIFS AND DISBELEIFS THIS IS JUST WHAT I BELEIVE AND MY INTERPRETATION.... I AM NOT CHALLENGING ANYONE AND AM NOT TRYING TO START AN ARGUMENT SO DONT GO GET PI**ED WHEN YOU READ THIS)

ok well if you read some where in the book of Genesis it says that God wiped the earth clean and remade it with all the stuff we know nowadays such as light and all that stuff

today in biology class (i know i am actually using something from school what a miracle) we were talking about how originally the earth was something like it was all just molten rock because there was no such thing as rock at the time on earth and eventually it started to cool over a few million years right??? this is a simple little thing that is in science this is my science part ok

next off absolutely nobody has lived a single day with God only one person almost lived a day with God and it was something like 990 yrs (it was either Abraham or Noah i cant remember) the explanation for that is a single day with God is over a thousand years so the earth was created in 7(referring to days with God) days

originally it was just like lava and then God decided to add light and life and the such to earth so he added all the cell's and the such over thousands of years which are the 7 days

so I guess I am saying that God created the big bang then decided that everything was boring and thought "well this place is just perfect in its distance from the sun to sutain life by what they will think so I guess I will make this ball of lava the place that I put my "earthlings" on"

so in essence almost everything that has been mentioned is right but it was all in the hands of God that it all took place. first God made the original single cell bacteria to test it out then decided well how about something a little more then tried animals then apes then cavemen then the intelligent beings that we nowaday call humans though MANY MANY of us can be pretty stupid at times (im not taking the stupid statement as a offensive to tell everyone they are stupid for not beleiving the same as i.... just stupid as in they will like run out in front of cars *on purpose* stupid)

the explanation for hell as i beleive (*I AM NOT FORCING THIS ON ANYONE SPECIFICALLY MAKING NOTE FOR Selenatripox*) well as i stated above the earth originally was just a big ball of lava with alot of gravity so when God vanquished satan from Heaven he had to make some where for him to go so he made what we live on the place...... AKA THE LAKE OF FIRE..... you may be wondering "well if this is where he sent satan then why did he put us here with him???" well the simple answer is that we were made in his ways and the such so he thought that we would have stronger will and faith to go on in having faith in him..... also so when we die if we havent asked for fogiveness then we can stay close to what we loved so much to not want to repent

"then why would the creator allow so much suffering in the world as we know it" the answer is we were made to be a replica of God and then eventually we started to listen to that little whisper in our hearts and minds which is more commonly know as the fall of man and so we dicided that "my brother is better off than i am.... why??? he doesnt deserve it anymore than i do....." so he killed him and thats when murder was established in the world..... not what God intended :( we bring all this onto ourselves

then you might bring up the times when God destoyed single cities that were cities full of "his followers" well thats not true they were not his followers because they were perversing (to pervert means to change the original meaning of) themselves in a variety of different ways like sexual immorality, gambling, false prophitising and other ways well then God kept giving those cities continuous warnings that if you dont change your ways then i will not tolerate it and sometimes these warnings started over a century before the city was destroyed and he kept telling them change your ways over and over but they just ignored him over and over otherwhys he wouldnt have destroyed those cities

(again it is just what i beleive not trying to start an argument and make anyone made like i said at the begining)
also with reincarnation why would we not remember our previous lives if we are supposed to learn something from each of those lives??? thats the part that i cant understand.... unless it is supposed to be a "punishment" but then hell would be the punishment and you have multiple times to try and say sorry but you only get one lifetime to do so and well a lifetime is not a specific amount of time you could go to bed tonight and go to the hospital bed and sleep for the last time ever the next night

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Selenatripox;56710 said:
I Disagree.
That was an incredibly scanty answer to justify a new post one minute after your previous post. There's a button for multi-quoting and there's an edit button to use if you forgot something.

----------------

I don't believe in reincarnation but I find reincarnation interesting. Which religions believes in it?
I don't see reincarnation as a religion itself, but it is part of one or more religions.

mastermind

not trying to be rude but have something to back your answer up even if it is a opinion it is still something to back it up Selenatripox

Jlackleon

Martian Ambassador
Romero;56715 said:

That was an incredibly scanty answer to justify a new post one minute after your previous post. There's a button for multi-quoting and there's an edit button to use if you forgot something.

----------------

I don't believe in reincarnation but I find reincarnation interesting. Which religions believes in it?
I don't see reincarnation as a religion itself, but it is part of one or more religions.

I don't know how to Multi-Quote.

Kellyrose

Romero;56715 said:

Native Americans used to believe that when you die, you are reborn through the earth, and I think Hindus believe that karma dictates what you are reincarnated as. I know there are more but those 2 come to mind.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
And regarding "What version of The Bible i have read", like i mentioned earlier... i reject Religion, so I really don't believe that what is in The Bible is true.
Okay, which God are you talking about? So the Bible is just a handful of fairy-tales, and the Christian God is a cruel, sexist, puppy-kicker. Yet, at the same time you said he wouldn't be so cruel as condemn people to to hell and forgives everyone. Could you please clarify which God this is?

And by the way, please use the edit button. It's there for a reason.
Reincarnation is not neccesarrily religion
There are certain religions who focus predominentely on the idea of rebirth; Buddhism is probably one of the most prominent of them. It's the belief that all sentient beings have past lives, and will continue to have future lives (not exclusive to human forms) endlessly until they are 'enlightened'. What's interesting about Buddhism is that (contrary to popular belief), there isn't a God figure - so, no, you aren't required to pray to a statue of Buddha; it's more of a 'take what you need' religion. It's not about worshipping a God, but finding peace within yourself and trying to be a better person through effort and persistence until enlightment.

I think it is very nice sounding, but I wonder what happens to all the souls of the little beatles and monkeys should there be a nuclear apocalypse or something to that effect.

LUKE0809

Everyone has there own opinion such a good topic Raider Man :D
There is no proof God exists and there is no proof he dosen't, so i just say we just get on with our lives and dont worry about it, just enjoy the world for what it is :):D

Raider Man

Sorry everybody, I want to repley to all of you, but I just want to make some point and ask questions and please forgive me for not quoting others, I read them all.

GUNS N' ROSES!;55655 said:
i respect all of your decisions, but the thing is, i personally dont believe much in him, because some people give facts about the creation of earth, while others say it was god, of course i think that it is more truth that a giant explosion ended in the creation of our planet and others (big bang) than somebody saying -"it was god"- without any reasonable explanation or proof to that,

and if there is a "god", i dont think that the reason he created us was for the purpose of praise "him" all the time(around the whole world), just to live our lives not depending on "him",

about the pain and suffering thing, you're right, we are the ones that cause it, but if there is a "god", this only happens because he allows it

First, absolutely, not all science are true
Second, the world is just a big exam for every person on earth, it ends in his death, someone who really want to believe in him, he must search for the deepest of the truth so God will make it easy for him of his faith + Why would God believe in someone who don't believe in him at all?
Third, not because he allows it, there is something called Resurrection

bruno;55699 said:
I don't believe in God, but i respect people who. I believe in science, in what can be proved. If, one day, scientists find God, then i'll believe in him.
I don't want to offend anyone here, but i think some of the more influent religions in the world were made to "manipulate" peolple into having a certain kind of behaviour (that's not necessarily bad; they try yo make people follow a "correct" path in life, based in the values they teach).

One? Are you sure not million? Science had already improved about the Holy book and the God existenece + remember that not all scienece are true, it's just a hypothesis.

Romero;55722 said:

So, what if God set off the Big Bang? What if the Big Bang is part of God? The thing is, we humans can't possibly know what God is. God is something we don't understand. I believe in God (or a higher power if you will), but I can't explain God. I don't think Christianity can give a scientific definition either.
I do believe in science too and I see no conflict in believing in both. Of course I don't believe everything of what's in the Bible, holy or not- the Bible is a man made book.

The ultimate usurpation eh? :p

Religion is something, and science is something else, still scienctists didn't discover the secret of life yet, like life after death or something like that.
The Holy book is message from God which unforunatily it had been rewrited be other people and that makes us hard to believe the true story, but remember that God send many prophets to let people believe in him.

ChrisRedfield1994;55992 said:
I don't believe in God one bit at all.
Not to say I don't like it!
I don't mind WHO people believe in, it's their choice! =)
But, I'm more into Science than believing in a deity.
I believe in the Big Bang, Evolution, yadee yadee yadarr.

Question: What's there before big bang?
Also whats there before before the big bang and so on...
How could you believe in Big bang if you weren't even there? It's just a scienece hypothesis, till now it's not 100% true.

bruno

Chief Researcher
It is possible to recreate the big bang and some steps of the universe's evolution in some particle accelerators. Maybe, our universe was created by scientists.
I believe that, before the big bang, there was another universe. Let me explain:
There's a concentrated ball of energy which, due to the high pressure, starts to expand, cooling down and creating the stars, planets, etc. When the force of the inicial "explosion" is null, the weight in the centre of the universe attracts back the mass and energy, which fuses in a concentrated ball of energy. The process repeats over and over.
Science is just an hipothesys, but belief in god(s) is also an hipothesys. Nothing proves god exists or not. I think that, if god exists, he doesn't mind if we believe in "him", otherwise, he'd show himself.

Hoady

La Femme Fatale;56723 said:

There are certain religions who focus predominentely on the idea of rebirth; Buddhism is probably one of the most prominent of them. It's the belief that all sentient beings have past lives, and will continue to have future lives (not exclusive to human forms) endlessly until they are 'enlightened'. What's interesting about Buddhism is that (contrary to popular belief), there isn't a God figure - so, no, you aren't required to pray to a statue of Buddha; it's more of a 'take what you need' religion. It's not about worshipping a God, but finding peace within yourself and trying to be a better person through effort and persistence until enlightment.

I'm not Buddhist but i think its cool because its finding peace within yourself rather then looking through it in forms that don't relate to yourself.I believe that's closer to 'god' then anything,certainly better then living by someone elses guidelines.I do believe in karma though "what you give you get back" kinda scene.

When it comes to prophets i don't believe they were special people sent by god to preach the word, i think they all had the same underlying basis as each other but got misinterpreted greatly.I reckon its really disappointing that the main stream religions are teaching people to believe in some supreme entity or being, thats better then ourselves we have to worship and please.Get ****ing real man.

But i have tried god,watched the christian shows dozens of times and even read half of a bible but i can't possibly believe in it.There are millions of animals but we are the only animals who can tap into god and the only reason is because we can think and thats why its impossible for me to believe in it.I think this big idea of god is all in our heads we're not living the life we so luckily have because we're thinking about someone else whos 'so much greater then us'.People should be living there lives not rejecting it.

Requiem

Short answer, no. I have very strong views on the world and life it's self, that have been brought on by a lot of life experiences, deep thoughts, and other observations that anyone with common sense could make and to be honest, I have pity for those who do believe in god.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Wow I've been away a long time to have missed this little gem of a thread - to be honest, it's the first one on one of our forums that hasn't degenerated into an all-out flame war so that makes a nice change :)

As for me, I don't like religion. Never have, never will. Religion is man-made with man-made rules and a convenient excuse for causing all kinds of trouble in "the name of God", be that blowing up buildings, torturing/murdering doctors who perform abortions or refusing to allow another religious group the right to worship/conduct their lives the way they believe they ought to. Sure, there are a few components of religion such as going to church/temple/mosque/etc on certain days which are harmless and probably a good discipline to develop but all that "do this and that or else" stuff is not my cup of tea. Just the whole total lack of compassion and interrelation doesn't really do it for me.

I prefer faith over religion any day.

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
I don't believe in any God whatsoever.
I honestly don't.
I respect people who follow their religions, I honestly do.
But I find it hard to believe that a deity formed the universe, and reality in 7 days.
I only believe that (in my own words) life is like a scripted event. We can't do anything about it. Fate is uncontrollable by anything and anyone.
Science is what I believe in.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I don't believe in the whole literal 7 day creation thing either, to be honest. I see that as a symbolic thing used to make it easier for people to comprehend the creation of the world than an actual physical timeframe, but everyone's different :)

Fayrra

Schrodinger's Cat
Raider Man;56897 said:
First, absolutely, not all science are true
Yet most of it is.
Raider Man;56897 said:
Why would God believe in someone who don't believe in him at all?
Oh, I don't know, maybe because he's described as "all-caring"? Not like you would have any reasonable way of proving this "description" or "trait" of God's personality, regardless.
Raider Man;56897 said:
Third, not because he allows it, there is something called Resurrection
No, if god has the power to stop suffering and does not, that means he is allowing it. That's basic logic right there. That is, if his ludicrous existence is even real in the first place. Doesn't matter though, even if "it" does allow it, it doesn't mean "it" does not exist.
Raider Man;56897 said:
remember that not all scienece are true, it's just a hypothesis.
Yeah, but remember, science isn't just made up of hypotheses, a lot of it are truths backed up with constant experimentation on a daily basis and logical reasoning. Science is the countinual search for truth.
Raider Man;56897 said:
The Holy book is message from God which unforunatily it had been rewrited be other people and that makes us hard to believe the true story, but remember that God send many prophets to let people believe in him.
As far as I'm concerned his existence is similar to that of Unicorns and Dragons: There's simply no proof.
Raider Man;56897 said:
Question: What's there before big bang?
What was there before god? Nothing? He just always existed? Don't ask questions that cannot be logically answered, especially when the exact reverse can be said.
Raider Man;56897 said:
How could you believe in Big bang if you weren't even there? It's just a scienece hypothesis, till now it's not 100% true.
Yeah, but it holds way more logic-merit than religion. And it isn't a hypothesis, it's a scientific theory. That's why it holds way more ground. How can you believe in God creating everything if you weren't even there? Not to mention till now, it hasn't even been considered and/or verified as even 50% true. Now do you see why it is more logical to believe in the big bang rather than god?

As I'm sure it's clear, I'll openly state that I'm an atheist. Someone who takes the logical and neutral stance of god not existing.

Also, to any who might have said to 'prove that "god" isn't real':

The burden of proof is on you to prove why he is real. I mean, only if you are actually trying to debate with me (or anyone else). For example, I don't have to prove why there are not 55 invisible chickens around me that I can't sense. Reason being, if the 55 invisible chickens do not in fact exist then how could I ever come to a conclusion? No one is ever logically asked to prove a negative. If you are using the statment: "Prove how he isn't real." then you are arguing that my lack of belief in religion is wrong. With that logic, argumentation ethics would have you tell me why it is wrong. And in a debate, the way you would do that is to prove how he is real. I don't have to prove how he isn't. Because if he is in fact not real, then I'll be looking forever. Golden rule in debating: NEVER argue telling someone to prove how a subject is not real. Ever.

^ Also, I'll have to give some credit to Redneckboy, I used a statement that he once wrote as a base for this.

Top Bottom