• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your believe in "HIM"

Raider Man

GOD

So let's talk about this subject, do you believe in God or not, why? Give an explanation, your thoughts, anything about your religion.

Note: Please try your best to don't fight and thanks.

Popo

i dont think we should talk about this because this states our differences, we want to know about things that bond us(like resident evil xD), not that difference us

PS: i know you asked not to fight but it inevitable

Raider Man

But we could talk something away from RE, this is a general discussion :p off-topic. I like to hear everyone's thought.

wpstudart

Well, that's gonna be a polemic thread, and Polemic is my middle name -WTF?

Anyway, This is really gonna be a polemic thread. I don't know what to say, I guess I believe in a 'Stronger' Force, or something like god. But also don't. I'm more of Don't that Yes.

Raider Man

wpstudart;55551 said:
Well, that's gonna be a polemic thread, and Polemic is my middle name -WTF?

Anyway, This is really gonna be a polemic thread. I don't know what to say, I guess I believe in a 'Stronger' Force, or something like god. But also don't. I'm more of Don't that Yes.

:ermm: :( :ermm:

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
i dont think we should talk about this because this states our differences, we want to know about things that bond us(like resident evil xD), not that difference us

PS: i know you asked not to fight but it inevitable
Why in the world are people here always scared of controversal topics? This isn't the first time someone has made a comment like this. If you don't like debating, just don't participate; it's that simple. I'll keep an eye on this to make sure it doesn't get out of hand, but I don't see any problem with discussing it.

Anyway, my two cents; I'm kind of on the fence about God. I don't like religion. Period. I think it's responsible for alot of the problems in the world, and I don't like it. I'm not sure if there's actually a God or not. I was raised in a Christian household, so of course there's always that little lingering thought in the back of my mind that God does exist and I'm going to hell. I usually just like to ignore it.

Hoady

My thought on god....i believe that the universe and 'everything' in it is god because simply that is what it is.Theres no resisting or thinking of different concepts because i find if you do that your actually rejecting life because your thinking of 'other ways it could be' or 'it be better if this happened' etc.Life is always there but people never notice it because they are captured in there thoughts or that voice in the head.

In other words its just being aware that you are alive and living with the life that is already there.I bet you've all heard the term the present moment?Thats all it is at first i thought"well this is ****ing boring isn't it?" but i learned to practice.All it is stopping your thoughts and you eventually learn to not give a **** about anything that happens,nothing is serious anymore because life isn't ment to be serious its there to be enjoyed.Theres only ever one moment so its using it to your full advantage, some things may be crazy but you perform action from the moment.But of course you need to use your fricken mind sometimes haha or if you have some intense studying etc but its used so heavily unneedingly.

As for the afterlife i will worry about that after i'm dead, if there is a god i can at least enjoy what he gave me not live an alternate reality of it.

teal27

Yes, I believe in God. Believing in Him is through faith, which is something I suppose you can't understand unless you have it. "The peace that passeth all understanding." I believe I see God in everything, everywhere. In His very creation I see his handiwork, and I'm often in awe of it.

God is all-powerful and all-knowing. Bad things may happen on this Earth, but that's because it's full of corrupt, sinful people who have turned their backs on Him and want to do their own thing. Why should God bother with people who hate Him? People seem to think "Well, if I can't understand why God does this, that, or the other thing, then He can't be real/a good God because that's not fair!".

I honestly feel that if I can understand God and bring Him easily down to my level so that I can "relate" and "debate" with Him, then he can't really be God at all, because a truly holy being with infinate wisdom and knowledge of even the number of hairs on our head is BOUND to do or allow things to happen that I won't understand. Nor would I even WANT my puny being up against one so Holy and Perfect in some Q and A session.

Once again, this plays into faith and believing that what He does is best.

Which doesn't mean its always peaches and cream for Christians either; God allows negative things to happen to us too. To correct us, test us, or guide us onto a path He wants us to take.

Please don't bash me for this either, folks. Faith is faith, the evidence of things not seen. I am religious about my religion, otherwise, it's not a religion at all. I brought this up once in another forum and got pretty badly flamed for my beliefs; I'm not looking to repeat that process, so I'm sorry if this bugs people.

Hoady

Well those flamers can go eat a fat one.
arguingOnTheInternet.gif

I do have a hard time explaining this its probably difficult to understand:
Good and bad are only concepts they are just a term made up by thought and although yes stuff may be unpleasant but you just accept it for what it is and live through it.Theres no point in adding unnecessary negative thoughts to whatevers happening,live through it and be in the next moment.We are in this universe where good and bad may happen but if we're apart of this world as well we can't be perfect y'know because we just a small part of the world,we're not seperate from it we're living in it.Man created by god or not is up to the person, you can still believe in god because my belief isn't religion its just living through another point of view.

Downside to it?It sounds really gay.:confused:

D

Deleted member 1428

wpstudart;55556 said:
Because, if there is a creator, why he would bring pain, suffering to his creation?

It's not Him that's bringing it it's us. All this suffering and diseases are effects of the Fall of man so it's us and our constant sinning. Don't think that if you get sick you've been like umm wait I lost the translation umm doing evil things like killing, they're just after effects of the Fall of man.

Yeah I'm Christian and know one will ever change that...

Kellyrose

Personally, I don't believe in God.
I just can't see the Earth as some miracle that was created by a supreme holy entity.
I just see the earth as a tiny planet, that just happened to be the right distance from a star to spawn life. If something happens, a city is destroyed, a war is avoided, a child is born, or an old man dies, the universe doesn't bat an eyelash. In the grand scheme of the universe, Earth is insignificant.
That's my pessimistic view on things.

I do have respect for people of faith, though.

Hoady

Man i'm gonna throw all that complex BS out the way.I live in the moment simple as that.Ever heard of a guy called Eckhart Tolle?He has a book called A New Earth, i never read but thats what got me into it, its really awesome although sometimes confusing.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"And since the now is all there ever is in your life, your entire life unfolds as the present moment. People don't realize it, but all they ever have is "this". This moment.[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Unconscious means identified totally with thought. You reduce reality to a conceptual reality.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]"

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I am a christian and I do believe in God. But I don't take my religion too seriously usually. What I mean is you won't find me at church on Sunday, I'll be at home and perhaps even doing work which is a sin. But I do believe, although there are those brief moments when I may be in doubt.

Raider Man

wpstudart;55556 said:
Because, if there is a creator, why he would bring pain, suffering to his creation?

I totally understand you and I really feel sorry for the wrold that we're living in nowadays.
First of all there is a creator, but just think about it, we don't really have to blame the creator if the problems happen by the hand of the people, the correct answer actually is that we are causing all these problems (They weren't before) and all the fights and murderes, (Wars, Terroriss, Bombs, Fights, Violence, Global Warming, Polution etc...)

Kellyrose;55609 said:
Personally, I don't believe in God.
I just can't see the Earth as some miracle that was created by a supreme holy entity.
I just see the earth as a tiny planet, that just happened to be the right distance from a star to spawn life. If something happens, a city is destroyed, a war is avoided, a child is born, or an old man dies, the universe doesn't bat an eyelash. In the grand scheme of the universe, Earth is insignificant.
That's my pessimistic view on things.

I do have respect for people of faith, though.

Yes I respect your thoughts, but we can't actually say that the life isn't miracle. It is if you don't believe in God, and it's also is if you do also believe in God, just think about the lost of creatures, and each creatures has many specious, and each specious has many kinds, and each kind has many types. The earth is a well-circles shape that had been put in the exact distane of the sun, not close or not far to it, and also remember all the elements that do exists in the Earth with Water, River, Sea, Land, Plants, Food, Animals, Onygen... etc. And also if you just think about it a little bit, how come life would understand to give us eyes to see, or a nose to smell, or an ear to hear, who could understand that, what could a non-living thing could give us something that we want, and don't forget the verbs from seeing things, moving things, hearing things, touching things, feeling things... (Sad, Happy, Mad...) And a human-being had been created in a perfect shape. And so who activate it is the soul.

I do believe STRONGLY in God, but I do respect others of course. But we have to know the deepest of the truth if we just have a time to think about it.

Some people say that God had created by human's imagination, but MOST of them say that God do exists. If we want to follow the first one, how come people from different countries, and different places (from the past) had know about the God existence?

Popo

i respect all of your decisions, but the thing is, i personally dont believe much in him, because some people give facts about the creation of earth, while others say it was god, of course i think that it is more truth that a giant explosion ended in the creation of our planet and others (big bang) than somebody saying -"it was god"- without any reasonable explanation or proof to that,

and if there is a "god", i dont think that the reason he created us was for the purpose of praise "him" all the time(around the whole world), just to live our lives not depending on "him",

about the pain and suffering thing, you're right, we are the ones that cause it, but if there is a "god", this only happens because he allows it

dark_zero

wpstudart;55556 said:

technically god isnt even in this world if you read the bible its satan who rules this world at the mean time so you can blame that all on satan god left along time ago

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
I believe in science so the very idea that God created the world in seven days is absolutely ridiculous to me. I respect other peoples views on the subject, but that doesn't mean i will agree with you though, no matter how many times/different reasons you give for the creation, i believe what i want to believe.i believe that god exists in the minds of the people that want to believe, and thats fine because if it gives you some comfort don't let other people tell you different!

wpstudart

I barely believe in God, so I have to blame all the things that are wrong in Satan? That'll be a tough thing. About reading the bible, God have some weird thoughts. Imagine, you have to kill your son, and you almost do it, but he just wanted to see if you believed him. That's sick man. At least in my opinion. People will just get me wrong, but I think Christian is just something to someone have faith. If you want to see the failures in the Christian doctrine, see a movie called 'Zeitgeist'. You can download it free. Well, before seeing that, I already was losing my faith, but still do. If you guys got the time, and the curiosity, see it. And this is an endless conversation, but I got time :D

Top Bottom