• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica Why doesn't Code Veronica have a Forum?

D

Deleted member 21244

The hd remaster or just HD (I had the xbox360 one too) of CV had somebody from RE4 or something saying RE, I don't know why they changed it but it was better the way it was before changing.
Yeah i know they changed the voice in the hd remastered, whit the one from re 4, they changed it in re 0 hd too... Re game always changed the title voice when a game re released, even re 2 was change for GameCube release and re 3 too...

Also it happear that the re 4 voice is the original voice who say biohazard in the original re game in Japanese, and every game last release have this voice, even re 2 and 3 and re 0 original

But the one from the original ps2 wasn't wesker as far as i can remember, it was a male voice who was pretty bad in my opinion, he just says resideeeent eeeeeevilll in a non creepy way lol
I prefer the new one personally

I think the code veronica x hd is the better choice due to graphic change, 16:9, 60 fps and menu image changing

Last edited by a moderator:

1995umk3

Lol... I just sorta guessed it was wesker saying it because hes on the title screen and you fight him right somewhere in the game??

I'm liking RE:CV without using gamefaqs for help... you have no idea what is on the other door and it's even scarier because the game loads the doors like the RE games from the 90s.

It even has the heart beat sound FX and it made it even more scarier and intense.. this is THE BEST RE game in the series.

D

Deleted member 21244

Lol... I just sorta guessed it was wesker saying it because hes on the title screen and you fight him right somewhere in the game??

I'm liking RE:CV without using gamefaqs for help... you have no idea what is on the other door and it's even scarier because the game loads the doors like the RE games from the 90s.

It even has the heart beat sound FX and it made it even more scarier and intense.. this is THE BEST RE game in the series.
Yeah it is, it's my favorite in the series, played it many time, i love it

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
There are plenty of times when this game goes out of its way to deliver extra creative scares - but my favorite is the part where you have to deposit all of your weapons in order to get through a metal detector. And you KNOW there are tons of zombies on the other side of the windows ready to get you. Every time I come to that part, my heart drops. I can't believe I have to do it AGAIN.

Soul Fist

Hey, no big deal Steve! I am glad to see Code Veronica has received it's proper place!

Twitter was trending Code Veronica REmake for a while. And I have to hope that Capcom is taking it seriously too. So, hopefully, we'll have a lot more RECV talk in the future too!
That's crazy, considering how low the sales were and people didn't talk about it as much before.. I'm really glad it was trending for a while! Just imagine the same team that developed RE2R will work on CVR. They already have Claire model from RE2R they don't to change anything about Claire, imagine the new music, puzzles and graphics on the real engine *____*

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Hey, no big deal Steve! I am glad to see Code Veronica has received it's proper place!
You and me both! I actually do not know why it was retired... perhaps I felt there were too many forums and it was getting a little too cluttered? Hmm... not sure. RECV has always been my bae.

Twitter was trending Code Veronica REmake for a while. And I have to hope that Capcom is taking it seriously too. So, hopefully, we'll have a lot more RECV talk in the future too!
Oh? Interesting! The new Remakes have been a little too visceral and swear-y for my liking, but if ever Capcom decided to return to the old hammy, B-movie direction of the older games I would be down for that! Still, good to know that RECV has been getting some love on Twitter.

Awebb

The new Remakes have been a little too visceral and swear-y for my liking, but if ever Capcom decided to return to the old hammy, B-movie direction of the older games I would be down for that! Still, good to know that RECV has been getting some love on Twitter.

Honestly, something is wrong with whoever is making stuff these days. They even let a Starfleet Admiral drop the f-bomb in Picard. I get it, media folks were repressed and now have to wield their Twitter powers to do what they want, but I liked swearing more, when it was something Tarantino did and not the celebration of a general lack of self restraint.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I don't think REmake2 overdid the swears but I think R3make did. It felt like they were using language to make Jill look edgier or something, I don't know. I brought this up in one of the R3make threads a while back. And I cuss a lot when I'm not at work so overkilling it for me is hard. I didn't think the games were too visceral though.

I'd be so happy if they made a Code Veronica remake. It's my favorite game, barely edging out the original RE2. Maybe they will do it after the RE4 remake? One can dream.

Soul Fist

I don't think REmake2 overdid the swears but I think R3make did. It felt like they were using language to make Jill look edgier or something, I don't know. I brought this up in one of the R3make threads a while back. And I cuss a lot when I'm not at work so overkilling it for me is hard. I didn't think the games were too visceral though.

I'd be so happy if they made a Code Veronica remake. It's my favorite game, barely edging out the original RE2. Maybe they will do it after the RE4 remake? One can dream.
I think Code Veronica literally has the best designs of places, the Ashford castle, the antartic facility, everything look beautiful. Even the music and the story!

Soul Fist

I honestly think Code Veronica has the best music in the franchise. My favorite is The Suspended Doll. I used to listen to that for hours on end.
Oh yeah right! It's an amazing OST, even the area is so fancy. It's dark yet looks fantastic :)

The big doll in that area looks scary yet beautiful XD

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
The GREAT thing about a Code Veronica REmake is that it could bring relevance to a somewhat overlooked title.

Here are the numbers sold for the original RE2, Code Veronica, RE4, RE5, and RE2 REmake to compare:

1998Resident Evil 26,114,370
2000Resident Evil Code: Veronica2,745,438
2005Resident Evil 48,728,067
2009Resident Evil 512,840,000
2019Resident Evil 2 (remake)6,600,000

As you can see, the sales of RE games in the turn of the century was not great and only resurged after RE4 was considered a mega hit. These are LIFETIME sales and include re-releases and ports of the games from all time - but still, poor Code Veronica sits in the same sales tier as Revelations 1 and is below even the first game (not including the REmake).

This is a MAIN line title and one of the best games Resident Evil has ever made and yet it is the overlooked duckie. At the time, fans were complaining that RE3, Code Veronica, and RE0 were just Capcom making the same games over and over again with little changes to the recipe. But we didn't need major changes when each game was crafted to lovingly. The fact that Code Veronica was a Dreamcast exclusive at first also REALLY messed with how people saw it since not many people bought the Dreamcast all together.

Hopefully, overall sales don't hurt this titles chance to SHINE with a REmake and give the fans what they REALLY want!

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@UniqTeas Probably a stupid question but I'm just curious: Do the Code Veronica sales include the Code Veronica X release?

If they do that's honestly pretty wack. One of the best games of the series bringing in the lowest numbers.

Soul Fist

The GREAT thing about a Code Veronica REmake is that it could bring relevance to a somewhat overlooked title.

Here are the numbers sold for the original RE2, Code Veronica, RE4, RE5, and RE2 REmake to compare:

1998Resident Evil 26,114,370
2000Resident Evil Code: Veronica2,745,438
2005Resident Evil 48,728,067
2009Resident Evil 512,840,000
2019Resident Evil 2 (remake)6,600,000

As you can see, the sales of RE games in the turn of the century was not great and only resurged after RE4 was considered a mega hit. These are LIFETIME sales and include re-releases and ports of the games from all time - but still, poor Code Veronica sits in the same sales tier as Revelations 1 and is below even the first game (not including the REmake).

This is a MAIN line title and one of the best games Resident Evil has ever made and yet it is the overlooked duckie. At the time, fans were complaining that RE3, Code Veronica, and RE0 were just Capcom making the same games over and over again with little changes to the recipe. But we didn't need major changes when each game was crafted to lovingly. The fact that Code Veronica was a Dreamcast exclusive at first also REALLY messed with how people saw it since not many people bought the Dreamcast all together.

Hopefully, overall sales don't hurt this titles chance to SHINE with a REmake and give the fans what they REALLY want!

Wow, it's really sad to see people overlooking these three titles RE3, RE0, RECV. When in reality they are one of the best, If not THE best titles of RE! CV and RE3 Nemesis are masterpieces, they have everything you could ask for in a Resident Evil game. RE0 Isn't bad either, not the best but it's good enough to deserve at least a recognition.

But yeah, you're completely right. The dream cast deal really did hurt the game, I just wish it was in PS2 from the very start :(
Same thing can be said about RE1 Remake and RE0, If they were released in PS2 they would definitely be way more popular, especially RE1 Remake because it's really REALLY great.

@Magnolia Grandiflora Yes! It includes CVX of PS2 as well.

Awebb

CVX sufferes from an availability issue. When RE was hot on the PS3 (ca. 2009), there was no CVX one could buy that ran on modern platforms. When it actually came out on PS3, there was not yet an RE hype for the upcoming RE6 and the port wasn't very convincing, so fans of the respective originals didn't have a huge incentive to buy the game again. The PS4 release was basically the original PS2 game with some upscaling (which is good), but half the player base saw it as a downgrade from the PS3 version and former PAL regions were royally screwed, because they got their old PAL version, including clinching problems and 50 Hz game speed.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I honestly think Code Veronica has the best music in the franchise. My favorite is The Suspended Doll. I used to listen to that for hours on end.
This I cannot argue with. It stays true to the mysterious detective music of RE1 while adding a touch of Japanese "anime-piano". It sort of reminds of the music from the Studio Ghibli films. In that sense, its very dreamy and relaxing.

Although my personal opinion is that CVX is quite overrated, I completely get the appeal of its unique atmosphere and story. I've only played it once and that was quite recently, so I don't have any nostalgic feelings towards it. Like I've said before though, I do believe that a modern remake could fix a lot of its problems, mostly the cheesy dialogue and fantasy-like characters that takes me out of the game. It would benefit from a darker tone, not unlike what we saw in the RE8 trailer (except it should be third-person, of course). Now THAT's a CVX I would love to see.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
@UniqTeas Probably a stupid question but I'm just curious: Do the Code Veronica sales include the Code Veronica X release?

If they do that's honestly pretty wack. One of the best games of the series bringing in the lowest numbers.

Yes it does! They totally bungled the release of that game. Resident Evil should just be a 3rd party game for all outlets. Give the world the series. I guess no one knew that the Dreamcast was destined for doom. I mean, I never had one. I was Playstation since the first one. But I guess some people were enthusiastic about the Dreamcast despite the bad sales of the Saturn.

It makes a REmake for CVX even more ripe for the taking I guess!

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@UniqTeas I agree. I think CV would benefit the most from a remake out of the entire series so the fact that it's still kinda up in the air is ridiculous to me.

The agreement to make the game after RE2/3 a Dreamcast exclusive was a major bust and I have to be completely honest: as a PlayStation user, I never knew CV existed until around 10 years ago when I joined this forum. I then found CVX in GameStop, back when GameStop still carried PS2 titles, and bought it.

The game is honestly amazing, not to mention massive, and it adds a lot of lore to the series. The thing that turns most people off is the difficulty and the backtracking and these can definitely be fixed with a remake so the title can finally take it's rightful place in the series and stop being treated like an afterthought.

Top Bottom