• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica Why doesn't Code Veronica have a Forum?

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I never noticed that the Forum pages go right from RE3 to RE4. Code Veronica/X is absolutely a main title game despite not having a number in it's name. I feel like it should have it's own collection of threads!

I wanted to talk about the game with the best bosses in it, but now I have to know why we decided to front on this game so hard?

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
It used to. I think a lot of things were condensed with the new forum look. Also if you're on your phone remember you're not seeing the desktop version of the site. There could be something a little flashier than a colored title in front of the topic on the actual site compared to the mobile site.

In any case, it's categorized.:wink:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I am indeed on the desktop site. But hey, I am glad to see someone is taking this assault on RE seriously. haha.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
To be honest I have always considered Code Veronica as the TRUE Resident Evil 3 considering it was created as such before it was renamed due to Capcom's promise to Sony, also its a DIRECT sequel to RE2 in every way, sad that it does not get the proper respect it deserves, it really should have its own sub forum among the main titles because it is considered a main title by most fans in everything but name.

D

Deleted member 21244

To be honest I have always considered Code Veronica as the TRUE Resident Evil 3 considering it was created as such before it was renamed due to Capcom's promise to Sony, also its a DIRECT sequel to RE2 in every way, sad that it does not get the proper respect it deserves, it really should have its own sub forum among the main titles because it is considered a main title by most fans in everything but name.

It should have its own sub for me... Also resident evil code veronica is the true resident evil 3 since like you said is the continuation to resident evil 2 and it was also called that way before there were legal aspect regarding the fact that every major resident evil game should release on playstation first, so they changed the resident evil whit nemesis who was a spin off into resident evil 3 and resident evil 3 into code veronjca
Also is the game were wesker the main villain returned to the Francise and it also set the rivalry between him and Chris, and set up the event of resident evi 5

I think it's the most important re to play in term of story along whit resident evil 1 and 2... If you jumped Re 3 there is nothig that you missed in the story besides the fact that Jill escaped raccon city, even re 4 is no that important but code veronica is fondamental...

RedfieldFan

Code Veronica should definitely have it's own forum. It's a main game and one of the very best imo. Hopefully it gets a full remake.

Maybe the Chronicles games ought to have a forum too as most of the story in those games are canon too.

mert20004

Code Veronica should definitely have it's own forum. It's a main game and one of the very best imo. Hopefully it gets a full remake.

Maybe the Chronicles games ought to have a forum too as most of the story in those games are canon too.
Agreed. I would like to see a recv remake as well.

I dont think chronicles games need a forum though since they are spinoff; ı would say revelations games should have their own forum instead since they are considered main re games by some people and ı agree with them.

RedfieldFan

Agreed. I would like to see a recv remake as well.

I dont think chronicles games need a forum though since they are spinoff; ı would say revelations games should have their own forum instead since they are considered main re games by some people and ı agree with them.
I forgot that the Revelations games don't have forums either, and I completely agree that they should have. To me, they are also main games.

1995umk3

I wen't and got this RE:CV-X on ebay for 7$, I also had to use somebody elses money. Now I hope after doing this I can see a RE:CV section on this site.. I never beaten the game, the tyrant on the plane was too hard and my last save was with Chris on danger level health and poisoned.

And that was the last time I played it.

This is probably the hardest R.E for me, waay more then RE4. At least I beat RE4.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Yeah - assumably due to the level of bosses and certain broken sections of the game, this is one of the hardest games in the entire series. That tyrant plane flight is infamous for stopping people from continuing the game.

But the second half of the game is brilliant as well. And the payoff is worth it. Script wise and art wise, this is one of the top RE experiences. Even if you find Steve annoying - the game has many other great elements that make it a classic! Maybe try the game on an easier mode the first time through? I know I would.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I don't necessarily think it's the bosses, I think it's more how long the game is and how much backtracking there is. It's such a journey and you revisit the same areas over and over to the point where, when you get done, you don't really want to go back and do it all over again.

I loved it, I think it's one of the best games in the series story wise, but I've only played it maybe two or three times. The replayability isn't there with this one.

1995umk3

The herb glitch is tempting but then that would be cheating. I know back then many years ago when I was playing this I would have used it.

Last edited:

RedfieldFan

The tyrant fight is really easy if you know the way. As soon as the fight starts, shoot it with all the gas grenades. Then shoot it with 5-6 explosive arrows and it can be pushed out the plane, no loss of health and minimum ammo used :)

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Alexia in her Mansion Battle is probably the hardest fight for me because she just has an Instakill if you don't do things right.

I notoriously have difficulty with the first REmake game, but apparently, I am alone in thinking it is harder than the other games!

1995umk3

I had the other version of CV the hd-remaster too but they changed the voice of wester on the main menu when you start or load a game. That was enough to make me not play it at all.

I wan't it to be original 100%

This PS2 one I got (CV-X) on ebay for 7$ one has weskers voice (when he says RESIDENT EVIL) when start new game or load... i'm liking it alot :)

I think reMAKE 1 is hard too I havnt beat it yet... only once somany years ago, I thought I would beat CV cuz I got a A on 2,3 and can still do.

I mastered the tank controls that it became second nature.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

I had the other version of CV the hd-remaster too but they changed the voice of wester on the main menu when you start or load a game. That was enough to make me not play it at all.

I wan't it to be original 100%

This PS2 one I got (CV-X) on ebay for 7$ one has weskers voice (when he says RESIDENT EVIL) when start new game or load... i'm liking it alot :)

I think reMAKE 1 is hard too I havnt beat it yet... only once somany years ago, I thought I would beat CV cuz I got a A on 2,3 and can still do.

I mastered the tank controls that it became second nature.
I don't remember wesker voice telling resident evil in code veronica x for ps2, i remember a generic male voice telling resident evil

1995umk3

The hd remaster or just HD (I had the xbox360 one too) of CV had somebody from RE4 or something saying RE, I don't know why they changed it but it was better the way it was before changing.

Top Bottom