• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Which boss was easy/hard for you?

StoicFC

U3 was tough, cuz I couldn't find my way out of the collapsing stages, I died like 5 times!! But killing him in the next scene was a cinch!!

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
Romero;62054 said:
Regenerators aren't really bossses, are they?

technically no, but they can be considered mini-bosses. just like garradors.

I just finished my pro playthrough yesterday. I'd deffinately say the hardest boss was Krauser. He can kill you easier than any other boss (except Salazar's one hit kill, which is really easy to avoid) and he can be hard to damage because he's so quick and has a freaking shield.

I'd say the easiest boss in the game was Saddler (main story, not Separate Ways) He's the only boss that has never killed me on normal or pro. He's not hard at all to damage if you use the gasoline barrels and the cranes.

Duo

I found Krauser really easy even on Professional because that was the first time I knew to use the knife. The final fight was over in thirty seconds.

Dos

Because of low money I tried killing Verdugo on professional with just ordinary weapons (ie didn't buy a rocket launcher) after freezing him- I failed and got decapitated, he is SO tough on pro. So I reset and went the rocket launcher option, and that did it easily enough.

Overall I probably found Mendez the toughest of the bosses when playing through for the first time though- mainly because on your first run through, your weapons at the end of Chapter 2-3 still aren't that great. And he is an awkward boss to fight, because he is so mobile (especially in his legless form) and on pro especially you cannot afford to get too close to him- you can die rather quickly if you do.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Dos;63815 said:
Because of low money I tried killing Verdugo on professional with just ordinary weapons (ie didn't buy a rocket launcher) after freezing him- I failed and got decapitated, he is SO tough on pro. So I reset and went the rocket launcher option, and that did it easily enough.
Verdugo has 900 health points, and I believe the 900 is true for normal mode. I don't think the weapons are changed on hard mode, so they probably gave him more than 1000 health points on hard. I'm not completely sure about this, I could need to read up on it again.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Dos;63815 said:

You have a free RL earlier in the game. I was playing through the free RL part again yesterday (i didn't play for a long ago) i got rid of lots of grenades and ammo to make space for the RL. in the next room, the Merchamt is selling an attach case (or whatever it's name is). I felt sooo stupid:(.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
bruno;64013 said:
You have a free RL earlier in the game. I was playing through the free RL part again yesterday (i didn't play for a long ago) i got rid of lots of grenades and ammo to make space for the RL. in the next room, the Merchamt is selling an attach case (or whatever it's name is). I felt sooo stupid:(.
Bummer. But luckily Ashley didn't see you do that. ;)

Dos

bruno;64013 said:
Yes but I had used that free rocket launcher from Ch. 3-3 to make the two garradors fight a nice and quick one. And then at the merchant down in the spike pit I soled my shotgun and bought a striker, and did other upgrades instead of buying a rocket launcher for Verdugo. That was on my first playthrough on pro. When I later did another pro playthrough from scratch, I left the upgrading of the weapons until the merchant at the very beginning of Ch. 4-2, just before the Plaga mines, andf bought a rocket launcher in the spike pit instead.

hobojoe521

well its a little late now and nobody will get this reply, but i think with normal weapons salazar was the hardest for me. after dying 17 times,counted, i bought the rocket launcher from the merchant tokk him out with no mercy, DIE SALAZAR, sorry guys i was really mad at him though, when i beat him i ran up to the tv and laughed in his face while he fell to the ground. yeah im am crazy i admit.

Ivyn

The hardest boss for me was Salazar. *mutters* He was a bitch to fight. Took me twenty tries to beat him.

Dos

Wesker's_heir;71262 said:
ummmm....let me think.... Chief Mendez on pro was probably the least easyy for me.
Same...well him or Verdugo on Professional when I tried killing him without using the rocket launcher!

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Dos;71265 said:
Same...well him or Verdugo on Professional when I tried killing him without using the rocket launcher!
Did you use a magnum? I think you avoided him on the 'no merchant' run?

Dos

Romero;71403 said:

Did you use a magnum? I think you avoided him on the 'no merchant' run?
On the no merchant run, yes, I avoided him. But the first time I ever played Professional I tried killing Verdugo with normal weapons- I'd used the free rocket launcher from 3-3 to make the two Garradors fight a quick one. Which, given you face Verdugo straight after them, was probably not the smartest thing I've ever done.

Fear

Every boss was easy for me except Krauser and It.
Saddler was easy because all I did was use mines on his chest and then jumped on him and stabbed his eye. I didn't shoot his eye either.

nradams

Niki
My easiest boss to kill was Saddler at the end. You just need to keep your distance and shoot with the rifle. I never died against him! The hardest for me was Krauser during the cutscene and during the battle. It was so frustrating!

Top Bottom