• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Where are you from?

Mr Sunshine

Trinity;69388 said:
I'm Montenegrin. We're Orthodox and close to Greece.

I would be ashamed if I wasn't aware of our fellow allied Montenegrins. :)

Don't like Albanians though.

As a matter of fact, we do have a lot of emmigrants from Albania. Most greeks are racists about them. I don't blame the Albanians though. I mean they are people who try to earn a better life. There are a lot of greek emmigrants to USA, Australia and Germany too.

For some reason, I have modern hellenic and balcan history this semester. I will definetely have a better look at this.

When I talked about Slavs I meant the slavomacedonians.

However I feel like I need to apologise. The mob can be easily misguided. I don't blame them for the whole macedonian issue but the government policies.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
So "Slavic" is something that derives from "Slav".

I had confused the spelling (and it's late too :sleep:).

Mr Sunshine

Romero;69389 said:

I'm Protestant but I do like the Orthodox. I would consider converting if we had an Orthodox church here. I'm unhappy with our Protestant church because it is too liberal in its politics.
But I'm not a very religious person and I rarely go to service, so I'm not losing sleep over it (sigh).

I'm Orthodox, but I'm not a very religous person either. I like the protestant church though. I see it as an evolution of the catholic church. Most countries which converted to the protestant church early enough developped faster. France on the other hand which remained catholic, required a whole rebellion in 1789 AD to follow the pace of the other european countries.

You say that they are too liberal. What are their politics like?

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Fallen91;69409 said:
You say that they are too liberal. What are their politics like?
The worst example is same sex marriage. They don't do it everywhere, but it has started. I don't think the Orthodox church do that already.

But on the other hand the Orthodox church is against abortion (I don't know for sure, but if the Catolic church is strongly against abortion then I'm willing to bet that the Orthodox are too). I support the right to abortion.

tequila

Bottle Lover
Romero;69415 said:

The worst example is same sex marriage. They don't do it everywhere, but it has started. I don't think the Orthodox church do that already.

But on the other hand the Orthodox church is against abortion (I don't know for sure, but if the Catolic church is strongly against abortion then I'm willing to bet that the Orthodox are too). I support the right to abortion.

I'm raised Roman Catholic, but not really religious as well. What I dislike is how religion interfers with politics. In the USA, there is a "bible belt" which runs southwest of the country, dominating states like Kentucky, Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, ect.

I support the right to abortion to a certain extent such as it can be fatal to the mother and child, the mother was raped, or any other medical condition in which can harm the mother or child.

I don't support abortion in which it can be abused because of careless sex. I've heard of some cases where one can get as many as 5 abortions or more because of lack of safe sex. I found that to be sad. I'm more a pro-life; if you get pregnant, take care of your responsibility. And that goes BOTH ways, mother and father. Unfortunately, it has always been the way where the father normally disbands the child and the mother is often the primary care provider and support for the child(ren), IMO.

I can understand of instability and financial reasons, but as the saying goes "No glove, no love". IMO.

Trinity

I'm an agnostic so it's all the same mumbo-jumbo to me :)

Fallen-yeah I know about the name problem with Maccedonia,but you both are making a big fuss about it.Politics will be politics. Oh,no Albanians do not immigrate,they kill and take.. For example Kosovo. Wouldn't wish for anyone to have Albanians.

Mr Sunshine

Trinity;69497 said:
Oh,no Albanians do not immigrate,they kill and take.. For example Kosovo. Wouldn't wish for anyone to have Albanians.

At least not everybody.

We have an albanian woman, who has two children, cleaning our house every Friday.

Should I hide a gun under my pillow? :confused:

Trinity said:
Fallen-yeah I know about the name problem with Maccedonia,but you both are making a big fuss about it.

Of course we do! The name "Macedonia" is totally misleading! It's a whole deformation of history! I wouldn't have a problem if they were named "New Macedonia" or something similar.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I think we should maybe leave the dislike of other nationalities off the boards and concentrate on the topic at hand which is where you come from.

That ok?

tequila

Bottle Lover
Angel;69512 said:
I think we should maybe leave the dislike of other nationalities off the boards and concentrate on the topic at hand which is where you come from.

That ok?

Yes I agree. Please forgive and move on. We are all new generation people who have no control over our past. Different individuals with good/bad qualities.

Thanks Angel.

Trinity

Fallen91;69505 said:
At least not everybody.

We have an albanian woman, who has two children, cleaning our house every Friday.

Should I hide a gun under my pillow? :confused:

Of course we do! The name "Macedonia" is totally misleading! It's a whole deformation of history! I wouldn't have a problem if they were named "New Macedonia" or something similar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Macedonia

They are actually The Republic of Macedonia so I see no problem :) Macedonians are very nice,and very talented for music. I like them..
:)

Trinity

Angel;69512 said:

That ok?

Sorry Angel,but do understand that one might get overemotioned when living in a small country,always tormented by powerfull ones ;)

Mr Sunshine

Sorry if the conversation became off topic. Sorry, sorry, sorry!

I'll do everything to get the favor of the administrators :lol: :p

mjk321

I live in Jeddah, K.S.A. but i was born in the phillipines

and i'm a muslim ( please don't shoot me :p )

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
mjk321;77359 said:
I live in Jeddah, K.S.A. but i was born in the phillipines

and i'm a muslim ( please don't shoot me :p )

Well I won't be shooting you :p I know the difference between Muslims and extremists.

As-salamu Alaykum friend :)

Albert Valentine

Alluring Evil
I'm Albanian and I live in Tirane, Albania.

I'm agnostic also.

I'd like to add that racism is for the shortsighted ones and the prejudicial.

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
Albert Valentine;77362 said:
I'd like to add that racism is for the shortsighted ones and the prejudicial.

I'll second that.

I've already posted about where I'm from hahahahaha.

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
Turkish <3!!! And I'm proud of it <3! We've got lots of things to be proud of in our country ;) Our history for example... m'kay, I won't open a whole novel XD!

One thing I hate about Turkey is that they treat the first president from Turkey (Ataturk, who also saved Turkey from France) like some kind of a god 0_x... Youtube is forbidden in Turkey, because someone posted something negative about Ataturk, which I totally agree with, how pure I am >.> Ataturk= fail, serious.

Power 'm, mjk321, I'm a muslim too :D!

Top Bottom