• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Where are you from?

tequila

Bottle Lover
So we have a diverse forum, which that's what I love it about here. I'm just curious about where is everyone from and maybe give a bit description about yourself. (Area, food, culture)
Represent yourself basically. :)

I'll start first.

I'm Mexican American/Spanish

I'm born in the USA.

Here are some delicious and most common Mexican food:

Tacos: Usually accompanied with a side of rice and beans. Tacos are wrapped in a tortilla, which is stuffed with meat like pork or red meat inside. Usually it's topped with onion, celantro, and chopped tomato.

Enchiladas: A tortilla wrapped with spices and meat. On the outside it is layered with cheese and a special sauce.

BTW your favorite food can be anything, wheter it's from your culture or others. Feel free to share. Bon Apetite!

The area I am from is Chicago, IL.

It's known to be the "The Windy City" because the city is known for hosting the World Fair in the late 1800s and early 1900s. We have one of the tallest buildings in the world, The Sears Tower. It's now changed to The Willis Tower because Sears went bankrupt. Chicago is also near one of the Great Lakes, Lake Michigan. We have a distinct city structure and there is no buildings or commercial space built on the lake front. I'll post more details later.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
I'm from the UK, my kingdom is united with people from many cultures haha.
My favorite take away food is Chinese, or Kebab. then Curry then fish & chips... and so on.

Im English/Turkish. If you want you can call me turkish (like the guy from snatch!) lol

Dos

I'm Australian...from Melbourne. Ummm yeah...and I like stuff.

Don't mind me, I'm just delirious as I have a hideous amount of uni work so I'm up doing an all-nighter to get it all finished :O

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
Well, I'm a French/Cherokee & Sioux Indian American lol, born in the constantly growing city of Columbus, Georgia in the USA. Columbus just so happens to be the third largest city in Georgia, and the 120th largest in the country.

Georgia is one of two states where you will find the best BBQ. If you ever find yourself in Columbus, you should take a ride across the Chattahoochee River, into the city of Phenix City, Alabama and sit your little behind down in Mike & Ed's restaurant. Treat yourself to the best damn BBQ sammich, curly fries, and glass of iced sweet tea you will ever have.

Aside from my hometown cuisine, I absolutely love Italian and Chinese food, hahaha. And steak of course. :p

Fun fact: My hometown is also home to a military base, Fort Benning. :lol:

valentine_day

annoying hattifattener
I am Finnish,i was born in capital city of Finland,Helsinki.
Helsinki is very intresting place,there is lot`s of places should check out and even i know half of them.Most best thing what is here,is nature.When you go to summer cottage and spend weeks out of the city.
My favourite food is,Vety Atomi,it`s meat pie.And this original food gets only one place in Finland.

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
valentine_day;68806 said:
I am Finnish,i was born in capital city of Finland,Helsinki.
Helsinki is very intresting place,there is lot`s of places should check out and even i know half of them.Most best thing what is here,is nature.When you go to summer cottage and spend weeks out of the city.
My favourite food is,Vety Atomi,it`s meat pie.And this original food gets only one place in Finland.

I've always wanted to visit Helsinki. One of my favorite musical groups is from there.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
tremor;68798 said:
Well, I'm a French/Cherokee & Soux Indian American lol, born in the constantly growing city of Columbus, Georgia in the USA. Columbus just so happens to be the third largest city in Georgia, and the 120th largest in the country.
The 120th largest city in the US would have been the 3rd largest city in Norway. =]

But your crime rate is scary.
Quoting Wikipedia:

For 2006, (see areaConnect.com) Columbus had an overall crime rate of 7,850.6 per 100,000 residents; this exceeds the national average of 4,479.3 crimes per 100,000 people by 75%. By way of comparison, New York City's overall crime rate was 2,517.1 per 100,000 residents.

The rate for violent crimes was 620.8 per 100,000, compared to the national average of 553.5 per 100,000; murders and robberies exceeded the national average, while rapes and aggravated assaults were below the national average. Property-crime rates, such as burglaries, larceny and motor vehicle thefts, significantly exceeded the national average (7,229.8 in Columbus, compared to the national average of 3,906.1). In recent years, drug crimes have also risen.
-End of quote.

My hometown is Bodø, Norway. Apart from some green spots it's an ugly looking town. The original population are somewhat arrogant and tends to think they are a little bit better than other folks. But this is slowly going away as half of the population today are immigrants from surrounding areas. Lol I don't mind telling the truth because I'm not from here, I'm one of the immigrants from surroinding areas. :p

The town is the county capital and is known as the aviation city. Here is also a busy harbor.

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
Romero;68818 said:

The 120th largest city in the US would have been the 3rd largest city in Norway. =]

But your crime rate is scary.
Quoting Wikipedia:

For 2006, (see areaConnect.com) Columbus had an overall crime rate of 7,850.6 per 100,000 residents; this exceeds the national average of 4,479.3 crimes per 100,000 people by 75%. By way of comparison, New York City's overall crime rate was 2,517.1 per 100,000 residents.

The rate for violent crimes was 620.8 per 100,000, compared to the national average of 553.5 per 100,000; murders and robberies exceeded the national average, while rapes and aggravated assaults were below the national average. Property-crime rates, such as burglaries, larceny and motor vehicle thefts, significantly exceeded the national average (7,229.8 in Columbus, compared to the national average of 3,906.1). In recent years, drug crimes have also risen.
-End of quote.

Yes I know our crime rate is very scary. There are alot of crazy people here. I make a point of NOT being out at night by myself. There's alot of thugs around here..and crazy rednecks. :lol:

Trinity

I come from Podgorica,the capital city of Montenegro (not a part of Russia,or something like that). It's an ex-Yugoslav republic.
At the moment I'm livin' the vida loca in a small campus town of Serbia which is occupied by American,Norwegian and French armies. :lol: I can really pick a spot can't I ;)

Kellyrose

My ancestors were Irish and German. I currently live in a little rural area about 45 minutes from Phoenix, Arizona. There are a lot of horses here, as well as other livestock like cows, donkeys, chickens, ect. The people on the end of my street have 3 mini horses!

minihorse.jpg

Other than that, there is not much else out here. There are 2 saloons, a little grocery store, and a dentist. Its pretty small, spread out over a big area. But thankfully Phoenix isn't too far away, which is an awesome city!

phoenix-arizona.jpg

Yes, it is very hot.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Trinity;68820 said:
At the moment I'm livin' the vida loca in a small campus town of Serbia which is occupied by American,Norwegian and French armies. :lol: I can really pick a spot can't I ;)
I might know that campus town...
But be not afraid - I'm not there now. :p

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Trinity;68829 said:
If you were there,we would have met :grin:
But I'm not there. :(
(I've probably never been there, but I might know about the camp.)

What are you doing there anyway?

--------

And to be nice to my town, here's what they say about it on Wikipedia. There are som nice pictures there. The architecture here sucks for the most part, but the nature is fantastic. :)

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
We need more people like you in my city! Should this city ever get flattened by bombers again, I hope you can come and work here with the reconstruction. :D

Trinity

Oh,I like Scandinavian architecture.Mostly they're pretty in touch with nature,and you really have beautiful nature :)

Mr Sunshine

tequila;68793 said:
The area I am from is Chicago, IL.

Chicago Bulls FTW!!!

echoey;68796 said:
Im English/Turkish. If you want you can call me turkish (like the guy from snatch!) lol

Turkish huh? I'm Greek! Prepare for a fight!! :lol: just kidding!

Greece is a small country to the south-east side of Europe. I live in Athens the city where democracy was found. Well it was not the same with today's representative democracy because the Athenian citizens themselves were the ones ruling their city-state. There were slaves too but that's another matter I suppose..

..Times change though and right now it seems that we are in a really bad situation.

Anyway our most famous food is named "souvlaki". I can't describe it well and for this I'll just post a picture:

made%20in_4acf01fb757e6.jpg

Hmm.. I feel hungry already! :D

CassidyAcid

I live in Scotland! In a city called Glasgow and my friends and I go here sometimes at weekends to eat (it's my favourite place :wub:). Glasgow is amazing in the centre, but on the outskirts theres a lot of poverty and inequalities :(.

However my Dad and his family come from a little town in Andalusia, Spain called Jaen. I've only visited there a couple of times but it's pretty quiet. Most of his family have moved to Catalonia, but my grandparents still live there.

Fun Fact: Jaen is the Olive Oil Capital of the World! xD.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Trinity;68837 said:
Oh,I like Scandinavian architecture.Mostly they're pretty in touch with nature,and you really have beautiful nature :)
This city is not typical Scandinavian... it was built in a hurry after the war. The Germans utterly destroyed the city with bombers in the beginning of the war, April 1940.
It was not a military target, the sole reason for the bombing was to inflict terror to the population. Here was nothing for them to fight, but they wanted to destroy the city and they did. At least one of the huge number of bombers dropped their cargo in the sea, so at least one bomber crew knew about things such as honor and shame.

CassidyAcid;68842 said:
I live in Scotland! In a city called Glasgow
I like Scotland alot! :D And erm, I apologize on behalf of my ancestors. :blush:

bruno

Chief Researcher
I'm from Lisbon, the capital of Portugal.
I like the city, it has some really beautiful places and a great historical value.
However, i don't like the population. People are almost always in bad mood or arrogant (pretty much like Romero said about his city).
There's some interesting stuff in Wikipedia about it (here), and some cool pictures.

Top Bottom