• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) What was the Scariest part?

Zebmeister

Id say the 1st Mr. X encounter in scenario b when you walk down that hall and he turns the corner and all of a sudden that scary @$$ music comes on it gets me everytime. and when I was little the part where Marvin just gets up and turns into a zombie right in front of you used to scare me haha

Rice-Kitten

Just 'Mr X' in general. The reason why he was so much scarier to me than William Birkin was because he literally popped up out of nowhere. So one minute you're like

*Flock of black crows fly away and scary music stops*

"Phew. Now I can relax and walk around".

*Wall smashes and bigger, scarier version of uncle Fester charges through*

The only place I ever felt truly safe was in the 'Save Room'!

ConvictedMP5

i always get the goosebumps after this small part when you talk to ben as leon.

"Ok I say we leave him in there, does anyone know where they put the key to this cell."
"I have it right here officer, but im not about to leave this cell, those zombies aren't the only things crawlin around out there."
RRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
"What was that?"
"Like I said i'm not leaving this cell, get out of here before you lead it right to me!"
"Hey im not going anywhere, i'm the only cop left alive in this building."
"What?"
"Look if you wanna live then you have to leave with me!"
"But do you even know how to get out of the city?"

mugician

William making sweet, sweet love to that poor reporter. that was a real scary moment, make no mistake.

utunnels

Scariest part? Those hands stretch from the corridor windows that try to grab you. But only the first time, hehe.

Albert_Wesker

Premium
The jumpiest part is when the Licker jumps through the mirror, the scariest part for me is when you're running through the police station and that creepy, slow music is in the background. Not so much scary as it is creepy IMO.

nradams

Niki
The scariest part for me was the zombie arms through the window part! I remember screaming and then my mom asked me what the hell was wrong with me. Lol!

Silverfern

The Haka: "Ka Mate!"
hmm, the Scariest part is 2nd to last stage. when you go down the elevator and into the door, go around the corner and grab the panel key. Turn on the moniter, ooohhhhh!! Mr X walking towards the Camera, stops there, then suddently *smash* smashes the camera.

lol. thats one part.

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
One of mine is when those super licker things drops from the ceiling towards the end of the game. Gawd I could have created a diamond when they popped out at me lol.

Anthony111

I first played this game years ago but the part that got me as a kid was when that cop turned into a zombie, I had nightmares about that! I also got creeped out by mr X walking the corridors and blasting through the walls.

Carriers of Dust

S.T.A.R.S. Bravo Team
Anthony111;100818 said:
I first played this game years ago but the part that got me as a kid was when that cop turned into a zombie, I had nightmares about that! I also got creeped out by mr X walking the corridors and blasting through the walls.

This x 9000. Nothing more creepy than Mr. X busting through the wall, making you rush to grab that little cog thing, then leaving the room, being safe... Only to walk to the end of the hallway and BAM HE BURSTS THROUGH THE WALL AGAIN OMG!

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Carriers of Dust;100829 said:
This x 9000. Nothing more creepy than Mr. X busting through the wall, making you rush to grab that little cog thing, then leaving the room, being safe... Only to walk to the end of the hallway and BAM HE BURSTS THROUGH THE WALL AGAIN OMG!

Yea Mr.X got me as a kid aswell lol.

I remember just walking and thinking that there where no zombies in the hall and i was safe so i just carelessly ran around the corner and BOOM! Mr X shows up and pwns me.:D

Anthony111

Carriers of Dust;100829 said:

exactly, I was more scared the second time he charged through the wall because I wasn't expecting it after he did it moments ago!

MarshDanni

Zombie killa!
I gotta say the scariest part for me was when that zombie pops out at the back of the car in the beggining for the next two months I left light in my room and a water gun under my pillow not joking!

residentevilfan1994

For me, I hated whenever any monster attacked out of nowhere (i.e. Mr. X busting through the wall, Cerberus jumping through windows, etc). I also hated the room in RE5 when walking past the Lickers because of the suspense (I knew they were going to jump out at some point, but wasn't sure when). I also hated when the Bandersnatches would climb up a floor if you were above it because I was like, "Crap! How am I supposed to get past something that can get to where I'm at from any place it's at?!?!". It also was really shocking at the end of the first scenario in RE: Outbreak File #1 when you had to find the bomb part in that herd of zombies. Although it wasn't necessarily scary, it worried me because I had never been near so many zombies.

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
I think the part that scared me the most is, after beating the game and reflecting on it immediately afterwards... ".......Holy sh*t" :lol:

GTP320

The scariest part for me was the zombies crashing through the Windows at the start, attacking & eating the Kendo gunshop owner, zombies thrusting their hands through the gaps of the boards in the boarded corridor and also Mr.X busting through the Walls before getting the cog. then the second when running around the corner, holy s**t busting through the wall again. man that gave me a fright. :lol:

bruno

Chief Researcher
I think the scariest parts are when i see Birkin mutating. I'd say the creepiest is when you thinking the game is over, but then you find out Birkin followed you there.
I was also a bit scared when i realised the Tyrant was still alive, and had huge claws.

Top Bottom