• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 what resident evil 7 should be in a few words

slack

I personally disagree with some of the ideas,especially the puzzles.Puzzles was the main reason why i stopped playing RE2 in the first place .I think i can speak for majority of the people.We came here to kick zombies ass not to play puzzles.

No... No, we didn't. Especially not if you're a fan the glory days of RE, I.E. RE 1, 2, 3, CV and Outbreak.

You 'wanna kick some zombie ass', good news Capcom has a game for that, try it out it's called Dead Rising. Don't like the way it plays? Try Dying Light. Resident Evil has the potential to be sooo much more than just a mediocre half-ass hack-n-slash shoot'em up.

The OTS action-esque gameplay is tired and is only digging RE into a deep grave. Sure it was fun and grand back in RE4 because it was something fresh and new, and I just barely tolerated it for RE5, but now it isn't anything special or unique - at least not in a good way. It's become very "cookie cutter". And the story is getting flatter than Leon's iron pressed hair... just god awful... the hair is pretty bad too.

I only pray that Capcom takes a hint from the sales figures of REmastered and realizes that the older formula still has life in it and decide to bend the tone and pace of the RE7 to something similar to the older games. There's good money in nostalgia after all.

ON TOPIC, WHAT I WANT IN A FEW WORDS;
A medium-to-slow paced gigantic labyrinth of horror and mind wrapping puzzles with multiple story arcs and endings that is dependent on the player's choices in the game. Story and character driven, nothing innovative, no gimmicks, just something that plays smooth and can get me emotionally invested. (that's as few of words as it's gonna get)

Last edited:

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
"What RE7 should be in a few words"
SURVIVAL HORROR.. something like RE 3.5 with the combination of fixed cameras&3rd person aiming with giant mansions tight corridors,ammo conversation,backtracking,puzzles and more defensive mechanics like dodging as opposed to melee attacks.

I don't want open environments like the ones in RE4 because that does away with the claustrophobia and the enemies need to stop being cannon fodder and actually pose a damn threat.

Basically what i'm getting at is ditch everything RE4 introduced except for its camera and take notes from the original trilogy... i don't want tank controls back but i would say that they need to make the character slower and enemies 10X faster this way naturally the game becomes a lot more intense.

Last edited:

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
No... No, we didn't. Especially not if you're a fan the glory days of RE, I.E. RE 1, 2, 3, CV and Outbreak.

You 'wanna kick some zombie ass', good news Capcom has a game for that, try it out it's called Dead Rising. Don't like the way it plays? Try Dying Light. Resident Evil has the potential to be sooo much more than just a mediocre half-ass hack-n-slash shoot'em up.

The OTS action-esque gameplay is tired and is only digging RE into a deep grave. Sure it was fun and grand back in RE4 because it was something fresh and new, and I just barely tolerated it for RE5, but now it isn't anything special or unique - at least not in a good way. It's become very "cookie cutter". And the story is getting flatter than Leon's iron pressed hair... just god awful... the hair is pretty bad too.

I only pray that Capcom takes a hint from the sales figures of REmastered and realizes that the older formula still has life in it and decide to bend the tone and pace of the RE7 to something similar to the older games. There's good money in nostalgia after all.

ON TOPIC, WHAT I WANT IN A FEW WORDS;
A medium-to-slow paced gigantic labyrinth of horror and mind wrapping puzzles with multiple story arcs and endings that is dependent on the player's choices in the game. Story and character driven, nothing innovative, no gimmicks, just something that plays smooth and can get me emotionally invested. (that's as few of words as it's gonna get)

u stole my words!! all i have to do is quote indeed:happy:

Leons-sexy-hair

I need brain - two chains the zombie
Terrible one liners

Survival horror

Fixed camera angles

The new youthful characters plus claire

Crimson heads

Two side stories about Ada and Hunk disclosing more about their secret identities

AdaWait

Your right hand comes off?
lolwut.png

Mark Mane McIntyre

Resident Evil Remake style with over shoulder with also shoot and move.
Like ORC if you get bit you have to find a virus bottle
Survival Horror.
Claire & Jill

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
hi guys, first time posting here :happy:, just wanted to share my suggestions/thoughts/opinions on RE 7, several points that I think would be highly necessary are:
- PURE SINGLE PLAYER experience, I honestly think that it's important for survival horror genre and RE games have had enough of co-op/multiplayer/partnering system already
- Minimum QTEs or even no QTEs at all
- Minimum explosions and no ridiculous bike/car/jet fighter riding sequence
- Minimum / less instant death killing monsters
- No enemies should be able to use guns
- No timed self-destruct mechanism
- More stealthy gameplay or hide-and-seek sequence (similar to Jake-Ustanak w/ flying bugs part in 6)
- More traditional zombies
- More creative + challenging puzzles and notes to read
- More dark enviroment places but not worldwide traveling like in 6
- Better dialogues / conversations

and optional things that I think aren't really important but would be good if implemented:
- RE 7 might have to be PS4 and XONE exclusive only considering the fact that Revelations 2 still has perfomance optimization issue even after several patches
- Controls should be like 6 or REV2, a hybrid of them would be nice as well
- About fixed camera angle, I say if the game is going to be 3rd person behind shoulder again (which I'm 99% sure) then an entirely fixed camera angle gameplay DLC like mansion part of Lost in Nightmares would be awesome
- I wouldn't mind having either multi main characters (old/new ones or mixed both) or just one character for the entire game campaign, but again it should be SINGLE PLAYER
- Multiple endings are great, but having only one is fine
- I'm neutral about raid/mercenary mode
- Also neutral about how inventory system should be
- Real life legitimate / licensed guns
- Real time item inspections / note reading similar to The Order: 1886
- Classic RE SFX

Last edited:

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
SURVIVAL HORROR
- make the next game less pewpew&explosions and add more scary elements, scarce ressources/ammo

REMOVE CO-OP

- some may like that feature, but it's not supposed to be in a suvival horror game, seriously. For example Alien:Isolation and The Evil Within didn't have that feature, although the latter one was a bit too action-y, yet it didn't have co-op, you occasionally met your partners who helped out a bit, but most of the time you were ALONE.

NO OVERPOWERED CHARACTERS

- All I say is "boulder-punching" *facepalm*

NO CHRIS REDFIELD!!!!

- Just don't bring that roided a** back. He's been in two games in a row and besides I find his character since RE5 pretty boring and annoying as hell (Yes I think he has a personality, which is as interesting as dirty underwear). Also, everytime when he's a main character in a game, it tends to be like Call of Duty. SO NO CHRIS REDFIELD FOR F*CK'S SAKE!!!!!

TRADITIONAL ZOMBIES

- bring back the T-Virus Zombies!!! Not those who can use weapons and whatnot.

BRING BACK COMPLEX PUZZLES

- Just like the old school RE ones.

STICK TO ONE PLACE

-not traveling around the world like RE6 and give us dark and claustrophobic areas.

REMOVE CHECKPOINTS
- That's right remove them and give us something like the typewriters.

The next game should take examples from old RE titles and they can implement some new elements from games like Alien:Isolation, because that game made me sh*tting my pants. Bring back an enemy like good ol' Nemesis or Tyrant T-103 or something similiar.

That's just my two cents

Last edited:

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
So after playing REmake Remastered & Alien:Isolation. I'd like to add a few things.

Let me examine my surroundings
-remember when you could examine shelves, pictures and etc. and your character had something to say about its state and whatnot? Kinda miss that feature

Let me examine items or combine them
-In the old school RE games, you sometimes had to take a closer look at objects in order to get an item to proceed further through the game? Or how we could combine them? Miss that feature, too

Backtracking
-I like backtracking, linear gamethroughs get boring pretty fast, imo. (Thank god, Alien:Isolation had backtracking). But I think younger gamers are spoiled with linear games and find backtracking therefore annoying.

Fixed Camera Angle
- I loved it, but I highly doubt they'll bring it back.

Top Bottom