• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 what resident evil 7 should be in a few words

Turo602

The King of Kings
Have to agree with Turo here, VERY clear difference.

With the tank controls and fixed camera and your player not being able to make a full blown sprint like in RE6 it made for some tense moments even when you tried to out maneuver and run around some of the zombies in the classic games.

In RE6 there is nothing tense about it, you just make a b line through most of the zombies with no issue.

Not to mention the tight corridors.

@Flipqy42 no I don't run from enemies in RE6, I aim to kill them all. Just speaking in general, it's a cheap tactic that makes the game easier whether you're running from enemies or keeping your distance. Sprinting was fine in RE6, I just don't think it's a suitable feature for the series if it were to go back to it's roots.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Who said we preferred to run past the zombies in RE6?

Don't know about Turo but speaking for myself I only sprinted past the zombies to see if it was possible and THAT easy to do.

I also kill all enemies as well in any game I play, even the classics I made every attempt to kill every enemy unless I had no other choice but to conserve ammo for a latter fight (something I did not have to worry about in RE6).

Judging by your post your a big fan of the newest RE games am I correct?

Do you want a return in survival horror or more of a action fest?

Also, how do you feel about the classic Resident Evil games?

Oh yeah, big fan. While I would love the return of what made the series great in the first place, I'm not holding onto false hope. I take Capcom promises with a grain of salt and, while I hope that even RE4 style survival horror will make a comeback, I'm not holding my breath.

The classics were fantastic! I loved every minute of them. I enjoyed RE5, REvelations and RE6, but aside from some badass cutscenes, they didn't leave that big of an impression on me as the others did.

jayshizzo

no I don't run from enemies in RE6, I aim to kill them all. Just speaking in general, it's a cheap tactic that makes the game easier whether you're running from enemies or keeping your distance. Sprinting was fine in RE6, I just don't think it's a suitable feature for the series if it were to go back to it's roots.
[saying ]

in RE6 this happens because of three reasons,why you dont run from enemies.
1.you have a partner with you,so you save ammo
2.you have to kill most of the BOW's to progress to the next stage and most of them follow you around,in classic RE games once you enter the door you don't see them again.
3.the zombies are mostly idle,they dont even chase you.they just walk towards you.try that in RE4 you will get killed.

Last edited:

jayshizzo

Oh yeah, big fan. While I would love the return of what made the series great in the first place, I'm not holding onto false hope. I take Capcom promises with a grain of salt and, while I hope that even RE4 style survival horror will make a comeback, I'm not holding my breath.

The classics were fantastic! I loved every minute of them. I enjoyed RE5, REvelations and RE6, but aside from some badass cutscenes, they didn't leave that big of an impression on me as the others did.

in RE6 this happens because of three reasons,why you dont run from enemies.
1.you have a partner with you,so you save ammo
2.you have to kill most of the BOW's to progress to the next stage and most of them follow you around,in classic RE games once you enter the door you don't see them again.
3.the zombies are mostly idle,they dont even chase you.they just walk towards you.try that in RE4 you will get killed.

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
Who said we preferred to run past the zombies in RE6?

Don't know about Turo but speaking for myself I only sprinted past the zombies to see if it was possible and THAT easy to do.

I also kill all enemies as well in any game I play, even the classics I made every attempt to kill every enemy unless I had no other choice but to conserve ammo for a latter fight (something I did not have to worry about in RE6).

Judging by your post your a big fan of the newest RE games am I correct?

Do you want a return in survival horror or more of a action fest?

Also, how do you feel about the classic Resident Evil games?

alittile of that and littile of this will make it perfect action with horror and servival skills its the key for everything...u know what i mean! some move with littile ammo and unknown situation with ur own will to survive never could be a better then this realy.....

AdaWait

Your right hand comes off?
I don't find much of an issue with sprinting, since that's what most people do in a Resident Evil game. For a majority of most RE games, I'm holding the "Run" button.

Also, saying "sprinting" kind of implies... sprinting. The fastest RE Characters move is jogging at best.

Yeah the "sprinting" I don't really have issue with. If we are talking about transition from RE6 to RE7 and what to keep and what to fix here is what I think:

FIX

-Get rid of weird action movements like barrel rolling and ****.
-Get rid of stamina.
-Don't convert herbs to pills
-Reduce amount of enemies
-Ground the story a bit, I mean holy jesus, the story is getting so convoluted and nonsensical.
-No more ridiculous set pieces like running away from flying cars and airplane explosions. RE4 is guilty of this one too when you're running from Salazar's statue. Things like this break the 4th wall.
-No more pleasing everyone. If you want to make three different stories, fine, but don't be so obvious in which story is supposed to please who. You're trying to appeal to everyone and end up appealing to no one.
-No more quicktime overkill. RE4 did it about the right amount. If you're having quicktime events, limit them to only cut scenes and don't over kill. Especially no more button prompt climbing sequences and stupid **** like that.
-Slow down the pace, it's way too action oriented and way too trigger happy.
-Have choice that affects the ending of the story.
-Bring weapon upgrades back from RE4 and 5, add weapon customization.
-Health system. Make it upgradable and non interval like in RE4.

KEEP BUT CHANGE

-Puzzles, but change them to be more...hard.
-Skill upgrades, although change some of them to be more useful, and change the 3 skill system to just upgrades rather than skill nodes
-co op story, but change it so that you can play single player without the co op partner. Dead Space 3 did, so can you.
-hand to hand combat moves, but change to RE4 prompts only, or at least something that's better than RE6 fighting.

If we're building from scratch, then I have a few general directions:

1. Don't forget horror. It doesn't have to be scary, it just needs to get your heart pounding.
2. Ammo conservation.
3. Puzzles.
4. Atmosphere.
5. Music.
6. Grounded story THAT MAKES SENSE.
7. Limit amount of enemies, make combat a last resort.

jayshizzo

alittile of that and littile of this will make it perfect action with horror and servival skills its the key for everything...u know what i mean! some move with littile ammo and unknown situation with ur own will to survive never could be a better then this realy.....
I personally disagree with some of the ideas,especially the puzzles.Puzzles was the main reason why i stopped playing RE2 in the first place .I think i can speak for majority of the people.We came here to kick zombies ass not to play puzzles.

AdaWait

If you can't handle the puzzles in RE2.

Y0UJC.png

jayshizzo

if you want puzzles play Pandoras box on pc or resident evil should make puzzles as a mini game.NO PUZZLES ON CAMPAIGNS PLEASE.

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
I personally disagree with some of the ideas,especially the puzzles.Puzzles was the main reason why i stopped playing RE2 in the first place .I think i can speak for majority of the people.We came here to kick zombies ass not to play puzzles.

hahahahaha my friend puzzle made for testing your surviving skills like in combat as wel as your mind .....and to me not kicking there ass is what i like the story too bro and the heros...they should put huge nimber of zombies to kill to satisfy our need of shooting those creeps

Turo602

The King of Kings
if you want puzzles play Pandoras box on pc or resident evil should make puzzles as a mini game.NO PUZZLES ON CAMPAIGNS PLEASE.

If you don't want puzzles, don't play Resident Evil. It's been a very important element in the franchise since day one. Resident Evil is not and has never just been about kicking zombie ass.

jayshizzo

hahahahaha my friend puzzle made for testing your surviving skills like in combat as wel as your mind .....and to me not kicking there ass is what i like the story too bro and the heros...they should put huge nimber of zombies to kill to satisfy our need of shooting those creeps
Don't get me wrong,I love puzzles but not too much to the point it is overwhelming.

ToCool74

Veteran Member

Its been with the Resident Evil series from the get go.

Its in the vast majority of Resident Evil titles.

It makes absolutely no sense to say that you would suggest that someone else get their puzzle play elsewhere and that puzzles don't belong in a series that has always featured them prominently.

It would be like telling Call of Duty fans that if you want your over the top shooter multiplayer modes go and play Halo 4 or something, it has no place in a Call of Duty game.

But its your opinion, but I disagree dude.

jayshizzo

Its been with the Resident Evil series from the get go.

Its in the vast majority of Resident Evil titles.

It makes absolutely no sense to say that you would suggest that someone else get their puzzle play elsewhere and that puzzles don't belong in a series that has always featured them prominently.

It would be like telling Call of Duty fans that if you want your over the top shooter multiplayer modes go and play Halo 4 or something, it has no place in a Call of Duty game.

But its your opinion, but I disagree dude.
True.you are entitled to your opinion.Let me clarify this.puzzles are great but when they become complicated and overwhelming that is when I have a problem.Anyway,thank you for sharing your thoughts.

AdaWait

I really don't think puzzles were overwhelming in any RE game. If anything, most people including myself feel that there weren't enough.

As to why they were included in the older games? Probably to add gameplay time and make it more difficult for younger audiences. Older games like RE were very clever when it came to extending gameplay. Making the game difficult, back tracking, re-using the same assets, puzzles, different scenarios were all an attempt to increase game time. Even with that, the games were generally short for experienced players, so imagine classic RE games without backtracking or puzzles, you could speed run them in like 40 minutes.

jayshizzo

I really don't think puzzles were overwhelming in any RE game. If anything, most people including myself feel that there weren't enough.

As to why they were included in the older games? Probably to add gameplay time and make it more difficult for younger audiences. Older games like RE were very clever when it came to extending gameplay. Making the game difficult, back tracking, re-using the same assets, puzzles, different scenarios were all an attempt to increase game time. Even with that, the games were generally short for experienced players, so imagine classic RE games without backtracking or puzzles, you could speed run them in like 40 minutes.
I see where you coming from.could we move past that ?I think there are more things we could discuss.

Top Bottom