• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 what resident evil 7 should be in a few words

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
*Revelations gameplay

How do you think rage zombies would work in RE? Ganados with no tools?

EDIT: Or Crimsonheads. F*ckin' derp.

Last edited:

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I say bring a new variation of the Crimson Heads back.

They are fast,powerful, and try their best to make you lunch.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Single player, REmake style atmosphere/horror, action adventure type design (i.e. Batman, Tomb Raider reboot, etc.), RE4 inventory, and gameplay similar to that of RE6 minus features like meleeing and sprinting.

Turo602

The King of Kings
So Revelations, then?

Full control over the camera and dodge rolling are very welcomed features to me from RE6. Especially the dodge roll because it made for some very hectic gameplay which is actually fitting for a horror game. So no, not Revelations. Revelations felt like a cheap RE5 with a couple of additions thrown in. I'm also not a fan of the automatic run Revelations and 6 have when moving the character.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
A good game and a good RE, full stop.

(Oh, and a couple of dozens of nice outfits for every character wouldn't hurt either.)

jayshizzo

*Revelations gameplay

How do you think rage zombies would work in RE? Ganados with no tools?

EDIT: Or Crimsonheads. F*ckin' derp.
yes,it will work.
Not for me. I quite like being able to move when shooting.

yea,i feel u.
I think re4 has the best game design by far in my opinion minus the controls.

Single player, REmake style atmosphere/horror, action adventure type design (i.e. Batman, Tomb Raider reboot, etc.), RE4 inventory, and gameplay similar to that of RE6 minus features like meleeing and sprinting.
why shouldnt there be melee and sprinting?

Turo602

The King of Kings
why shouldnt there be melee and sprinting?

Because meleeing in RE6 looked ridiculous as hell and sprinting doesn't really belong in a survival horror game. Abilities like those are more suited for an action experience. I want a stronger emphasis on horror.

jayshizzo

Because meleeing in RE6 looked ridiculous as hell and sprinting doesn't really belong in a survival horror game. Abilities like those are more suited for an action experience. I want a stronger emphasis on horror.
so if zombies are chasing u .won't u sprint ?

KevinStriker

I don't find much of an issue with sprinting, since that's what most people do in a Resident Evil game. For a majority of most RE games, I'm holding the "Run" button.

Also, saying "sprinting" kind of implies... sprinting. The fastest RE Characters move is jogging at best.

Turo602

The King of Kings
so if zombies are chasing u .won't u sprint ?

Resident Evil was just fine without sprinting. Making your character have too many abilities completely takes away from the horror. Just like the knife and melee exploitation in RE4. There's no challenge in that. Just like there's no challenge in running away from enemies.

KevinStriker

Yes, because out maneuvering an enemy in the classic games is the same as sprinting away from danger in RE6... Just stop dude.

Yeah, exactly. If you're overwhelmed by enemies, you tend to run away. Fight or flight.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Yes, because out maneuvering an enemy in the classic games is the same as sprinting away from danger in RE6... Just stop dude.

Have to agree with Turo here, VERY clear difference.

With the tank controls and fixed camera and your player not being able to make a full blown sprint like in RE6 it made for some tense moments even when you tried to out maneuver and run around some of the zombies in the classic games.

In RE6 there is nothing tense about it, you just make a b line through most of the zombies with no issue.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
My blood lust must be higher than you guys'. I took my time to kill nearly every enemy I came across in RE6 (and every other RE game I ever played) and only ran away when I had no choice, like against the invincible enemies.

Anyway, RE7 should have the maneuverability of RE6 ('coz its dumb to introduce features then take them away in the next installment) and the atmosphere of RE4. And it should only do one thing, instead of three things that RE6 tried to do.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
My blood lust must be higher than you guys'. I took my time to kill nearly every enemy I came across in RE6 (and every other RE game I ever played) and only ran away when I had no choice, like against the invincible enemies.

Who said we preferred to run past the zombies in RE6?

Don't know about Turo but speaking for myself I only sprinted past the zombies to see if it was possible and THAT easy to do.

I also kill all enemies as well in any game I play, even the classics I made every attempt to kill every enemy unless I had no other choice but to conserve ammo for a latter fight (something I did not have to worry about in RE6).

Judging by your post your a big fan of the newest RE games am I correct?

Do you want a return in survival horror or more of a action fest?

Also, how do you feel about the classic Resident Evil games?

Last edited:
Top Bottom