• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Operation Raccoon City what makes the game so flawed?

LeOnKeNnEdY201

i understand that many perople no longer like the franchise because it is not survival horror anymore but i dont wanna hear that. what about the game itself makes it bad?

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
As for RE ORC or the series?

I'll assume ORC.

First off, the graphics are really really bad. For a 2012 game, I've played PS2 games with better graphics than this. My AI is completely retarded. Never have I had my partner just walk through trip mines. It hardly has a story.

In other words,

It's Call of Duty

LeOnKeNnEdY201

hahahaha lol, if its like call of duty it must be utter crap. so i shouldnt even bother, like my retailer in south africa is selling it on pc for R120 which is basically 10$? still not worth it?

Fenris

Wolf :)
-The graphics
-The lack of storyline (It's pretty much just the known events of Raccoon City tied together)
-The controls (It played kinda wodden at some points)
-The AI (seriously worst AI I've ever seen)
-Horrible online function for campaign (They should have done it like in RE5 and 6)
-Bugs bugs and bugs!
-A few number of online modes. (4-5 were way to less if you consider that it is supposed to be a team shooter)
-More use for the classic characters

That's pretty much everything completed.

AgentZero

hahahaha lol, if its like call of duty it must be utter crap. so i shouldnt even bother, like my retailer in south africa is selling it on pc for R120 which is basically 10$? still not worth it?
I think it's worth 10$ I really really like the game, but honestly it's bad. But 10$ Is quite a steal. If you have xbox live, add e.

RE FAN 85

AgentZero

I thought the graphics in the main campaign were alright - I thought they were weakest in the Spec Ops missions. The only thing that stood out really were the bugs when you played online - other than that I found it a lot better than RE6. By a landslide.
This ^^^^^^^

LeOnKeNnEdY201

i thought that RE6 was actually a very good game, from my opinion. in that case should i maybe get ORC if there is a very good deal for it? problem solved, didnt read AgentZeros message about a good deal, thanks guys!

weskerondope

for me i would say that the only re games that are worse than ORC are probably, survivor 2, gaiden (barely) and mercenaries 3D, the game had some cool stuff and a good idea behind it, but it failed so freaking hard

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
It had an amazing concept, and a miserable execution. What I loved about ORC: Killing zombies. It's a lot of fun. Mostly because you kind of get to plow through them left 4 dead style. What I hated about ORC: Everything else. Horrible AI, boring missions, the same cover style shootouts over and over and over against the most ridiculously "bullet sponge" humans. I bought for 30 and returned. Picked it up later for 10. I wouldn't pay more. It has it's fun moments (often playing I can see why people like it) and I'm an RE collector so I have to finish every game, but in terms of gameplay I thought RE6 was far superior. Almost every other game was. ORC is the only one I still haven't finished. I get really into it and then get so frustrated I have to stop and don't have much motivation to pick it up again. My roomate loves it. Go figure. He also loves Call of Duty. It's worth a play.

HappyLeech

Queen of the tl;dr
I still don't mind the game, but yeah, it's pretty flawed.
-
the AI is really really bad, walking out into death bad, and I found it unnaturally hard at some points, even when I was playing with another person.
-
The multiplayer is a bit ehhh too, for me. I went in to try it for the first time, and it stuck me in another players game with no real instruction, which is problematic if you know nothing about the multiplayer game. :/ (And the match was 20 seconds from being done too...)
-
I also dislike how, if you want to play with someone, they need a copy of the game and a system. What if I wanna force my dad or sister to play it with me? :p
-
and tbh, when I got the game I was expecting more...idk evilness in the campaign mode? :B I mean, come on, if we're going to be the bad guys, I wanna do more than kill monsters and govt. soldiers.
(I was expecting something more like the trailer, fighting with govt people and monsters AND killing random civies b/c I am secretly bloodthirsty and because there aren't that many games out there that I wanna play where you can play as the bad guy and kill people n stuff. Where was my 'hunting down survivors and acting like Nicolai part with that game?)

weskerondope

I still don't mind the game, but yeah, it's pretty flawed.
-
the AI is really really bad, walking out into death bad, and I found it unnaturally hard at some points, even when I was playing with another person.
-
The multiplayer is a bit ehhh too, for me. I went in to try it for the first time, and it stuck me in another players game with no real instruction, which is problematic if you know nothing about the multiplayer game. :/ (And the match was 20 seconds from being done too...)
-
I also dislike how, if you want to play with someone, they need a copy of the game and a system. What if I wanna force my dad or sister to play it with me? :p
-
and tbh, when I got the game I was expecting more...idk evilness in the campaign mode? :B I mean, come on, if we're going to be the bad guys, I wanna do more than kill monsters and govt. soldiers.
(I was expecting something more like the trailer, fighting with govt people and monsters AND killing random civies b/c I am secretly bloodthirsty and because there aren't that many games out there that I wanna play where you can play as the bad guy and kill people n stuff. Where was my 'hunting down survivors and acting like Nicolai part with that game?)

it gets even worse than that, they dont only need the game and a system, but also online connection
while resi 5 and resi 6 supports system link (at least on xbox) ORC does not,
its pretty much the same awfull multiplayer mode as outbreak had
and outbreak i could understand cause it is such old games
but i didnt expect this from a 2012 game

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
The controls are terrible. Resident Evil 6 is a much better game. Trying to aim when the highest sensitevty is lower than my lowest on other games is like trying to do a 3 point turn with a 18 wheeler lorry. Its F**king awful aiming and shooting mechanics. The zombies are awful, running like homing missiles with terrible hit detection, sponging headshots and just an overall cheap and tacky feel to the game. Operation Racoon is a poorly controlled title but i appreciate its fun for fans and the online multiplayer was good In principle, having a map full of zombies and two teams fighting is what we always want, but due to the terrible control system its unplayable for me.
I wouldnt even compare it to be anywhere near as good as Re6. Resident evil 6 is smooth aiming, good hit detection, everything we've come to expect from a high budget capcom game. The mercenaries mode is amazing but the multiplayer modes absolutely suck.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
I was disappointed with this game. It looked like it would be decent from the previews and I thought it was gonna be a bit of fun to play if nothing else. But no, it was just terrible. Prob the worst ai I've ever seen in a game. And idk what it was about the guns but they seemed about as powerful as a nerf most of the time. Even killing zombies takes a lot more than it should.

I don't regret trading it lol.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I thought it was pretty fun. Then Again I can make ANY game except games that everyone LOVES enjoyable

I found the AI much better then what I got in 6 (Which was pretty damn high to begin with)

I had made it so the AI stood toe to toe with Nemesis on Pro.

Also I found the game quite enjoyable I played the hell outta of it when I got it.

But I guess no one else enjoyed it but meh.

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
The game itself/single player:
  • Terrible AI (enemy and partner)
  • Bosses have too much HP = boring
  • ECHO 6 maps needlessly DLC (should have been included)
  • Unimaginative objectives
  • Character models hideous outside of CGI
  • Leveling system limited (nothing to do after everything is purchased)
Online:
  • Too cheap. Most RE games are cheap online, but ORC takes it to another level.
  • Unreliable online service. Could almost never connect with friends.
  • Unbalanced, especially with DLC weapons.
That's about it for me. Aiming is okay. Graphics other than character models are okay. Interface is okay. Everything else is okay, really, but the problems ORC does have are what bring the game down to a low, low level.

Top Bottom