• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Operation Raccoon City what makes the game so flawed?

rynoth25

I bought this game for retail cause I'd seen previews and thought it might be good. Then like an idiot, I didn't read any of the reviews and was sorely disappointed.

The problem with the game is that it's shovel-ware. Capcom just told Slant 6 to make an RE game and because S6 has only done Socom games, they just modded a Socom game to look like Resident Evil.

The game is boring playing by yourself and only mediocre if you get all your friends to play with you.
Ugly graphics, low-res textures, terrible lighting (so you can't see the low-res textures) bugs and glitches, and probably the dumbest AI I've seen in a game in a long long time. I had to revive 2 of my NPC team mates when they decided it would be a good idea to stand in fire until they died.

ORC is buggy, unfinished, and just a lazy slapped together game that was done for the sole purpose of trading of the name of an established franchise and nostalgia.

Outbreakgirl

Treasure Hunter since 2009
I have just recently rented a copy ORC and ...well...
For some odd reason, I didn't find it enjoyable even when I was playing online. I have tried to find something out of it that would make me say: 'huh, that's cool' but I have yet to say it. I'm just running around shooting things over and over, sometimes overcoming annoying human and BOW enemies that won't stay down. Controls that are slippery, annoying boss battles that takes too long, and crappy connections. I have yet to play multiplayer...i'll get back to you on that.

alonecrow

It was a fun ride at some parts, especially at the police station since it brought back good memories from RE2 dan RE3. But I never get to finish this game, guess I don't want to have a dilemma in killing Leon or not.

DarkJackal

What makes me it flawed for me is a serious lack of content, a cluttered and way over simplified weapon system, and maybe most of all adding things into the events of RE2 that obviously didn't happen.

I mean we played RE2, we were Leon and Claire, from the time they arrived in Raccoon City, to the time they escaped. I don't recall running into Umbrella agents, or meeting up with each other and fighting along soldiers against hoards of crimson heads and umbrella agents.

Also the fact half the game was cut and put in as DLC, what kinda crap is that? The game just felt kinda cheap as well, but I will admit it was simple fun gameplay and I did enjoy it. But as a RE fan I must say I did not like the story.

mark_nufc

I thought it was ok, The story was crappy, but it was cool running around raccoon city again. it was also cool to see an updated raccoon city ( probably the closest we'll come to REmake2 :()

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
I thought it was ok, The story was crappy, but it was cool running around raccoon city again. it was also cool to see an updated raccoon city ( probably the closest we'll come to REmake2 :()
I think a remake 2 is still possible, but it'll be a while before we hear whether they decide to do it or not.
Personally I think they butchered raccoon city. It's pretty drab and I don't recognize it. I just fired the game up again outta boredom. I still use an SD Tv, but I started using component cables and the difference is amazing. Pretty close to HD. Re 4, 5, 6, and revelations all look amazing. ORC looks.....worse. I didn't even realize how bad the graphics actually are until now that they're not blurry =p

weskerondope

if they would do remake2 then i bet they would be using the new third person system from re4, since they are to scared to go back to the old school, so as much as i would like remake2 i would still rather not have it at all unless they stay true to the spirit of the original game, but if they did stay true i would love to play it, and even more so i would love to play remake3

Sepehr Heidari

Guys please don't be that hasty yes I accept it it has a bad AI but it's no the worst game in that franchise. Look at the bright sight you'll meet with the new characters of resident evil and I don't say which resident evil 6 is a bad game but it's not an survival horror but when you think about resident evil ORC you'll find some survival horror parts and if the game is too short that's why they release Spec ops campaign to make it longer and it's far better than main campaign(U.S.S campaign) at least In my opinion.

weskerondope

i suppose what really makes it a bad game is that i could have designed it better myself if i had the budget and programers and that stuff,
but im glad you enjoyed it

texeon

I liked it when I first played through, but when I came back I found the bots were retarded, the sound engineering was terrible, the movement was fake and was clunky, etc.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
One word really "bugs" if it wasn't for everything that classifies under the term "bug" then it wouldn't be half as bad.
Personally I played it quite a bit online following the launch and enjoyed myself in the multiplayer modes, single player is a let down though, no other way of putting it.

weskerondope

i have said it before and i say it again
what didnt make sense to me was that on the first level you dont meet like a single mutant or zommbie
you only meet these guys with guns, that fellt nothing like resident evil to me
also the zombies with bombs on them fellt just silly, why would a dead choose to wear a bomb

Cannibal Jesse

Cannibal Jesse on Xbox Live RE5, RE6 &Revelations.
I'm all for exploring different ideas and scenarios, especially at this point in the franchise. Yet I do have to agree that the zombie bombs, the excessive amounts of firefights and whatnot were pretty silly. I did enjoy playing the Umbrella side, yet I would have preferred some variety in scenery and more zombie/B.O.W hunting.

Derik Graves

i understand that many perople no longer like the franchise because it is not survival horror anymore but i dont wanna hear that. what about the game itself makes it bad?

I actually bought it yhe first day it came out and was horrified at how bad it was. I am a massive fan and collecter of the series but, it was like "my god!!!!" The concept was amazing, and I agree, the execution was downright horrible. That In mind, I bought another copy a few months ago because the time line was nostalgic for me. But right before i got it, I was expecting some splinter cell meets zombie action, with tight controls, multiple quick kills and, and An amazing romp in the past, and all I feel like everyone got is an horrible experience on the scale as if the outbreak happened in real life, or ugh....resident evil retribution cough...cough...

JillsPimp

The Armorer
I bought it when it came in at our local WalMart (Sunday after it released) and I put it in, it was buggy, cause it seems like they released 4 different updates for the game in like a 3 week span. Anyways, I thought it was kind of thrown together, there was also to much human interaction, I mean really need we go up against 30 grunts in a RESIDENT EVIL GAME?!?!?! There was no story even the Spec Ops part where they meet Jill (I like how they use the gas station as I tie in to when the gas station blows up in RE3) it was bad, I also got aggrevated as some of there guns were realistically new guns, that weren't out in 98. I love the game at the same time I worked threw it on every difficulty and honestly only have like 1/3 of the campaign to go on PRO. Its a good game, andI haev it ont he shelf with all my other games.

Jamie Queen

Disgusted with this game, played resident evil 1, 2 n 3 for the playstation and ,Remake, Zero n 4 for the game cube and have just got back into gaming after 10 years and with Operation Raccoon City , i feel the game has lost all the characteristics that made the Resident Evils the fine games that they are, felt like i was playig halo or COD!!

Turo602

The King of Kings
Disgusted with this game, played resident evil 1, 2 n 3 for the playstation and ,Remake, Zero n 4 for the game cube and have just got back into gaming after 10 years and with Operation Raccoon City , i feel the game has lost all the characteristics that made the Resident Evils the fine games that they are, felt like i was playig halo or COD!!

You do understand that Operation Raccoon City is a spin-off title? Not defending the quality of the game here, it's just not fair to compare or even expect an experience similar to that of the main installments. Even then, the main series has been facing a bit of an identity crisis as of late...

Jamie Queen

You do understand that Operation Raccoon City is a spin-off title? Not defending the quality of the game here, it's just not fair to compare or even expect an experience similar to that of the main installments. Even then, the main series has been facing a bit of an identity crisis as of late...
Ah! I see, as i said , i have been away from gaming for a few years and had a felling that operation raccoon city may be some sort of spin off but was unsure and now that this has been established, you make a fair point!!:)

Top Bottom