• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is love to you?

VeCtOr

Umbrella Security Service operative
some months earlier for me it would had mean something, and something nice... i just... don't believe in love anymore

letmelive311

I have to reply to this, pressing a simple like button isn't enough to express my hearts understanding of your grateful message. Everything you stated here was true to the soul. I am without a doubt in awe, It seems that God only implanted the true knowledge of love within the grasps of the lonely beings. do not fret Story and Letmelive, you both will find someone truly loving and inspirational. remember...the people that do seem to find "true love" are the ones that don't know what it is. They are the same people that bicker and break up over and over. If people have more partners then you, don't worry. love is about the quality not quantity. Starting later in life means that you have developed enough experience and knowledge to face what is ahead. If True Love is what lays ahead, you will be more then prepared. ;) I still am yet to find her.

Thanks for no just clicking the like button ;). Its true what you say about lonely beings understanding what true love is. Maybe its because we have more time to think it over and view others in their relationships and make sense of it.

I look foward to what lies ahead in life, though i feel like time is running out for me, at old age i think personally.
SVP you seem like a very awesome, caring, genuine guy, I appreciate all your replies :)

why doesnt the REN family live closer together, we could be like the brady bunch lol

letmelive311

I've been meaning to reply to this thread, but I keep getting distracted. I'll try my best not to make this a rambling mess. I'm used to keeping heavier thoughts in tidy verses...

Love is at once everything and nothing... No. Really, to me, love is stupid. And I don't mean that in a negative, "f*ck that sh*t" kind of way, but rather it is unthinking. Love doesn't care about anything but itself. It doesn't care about your pride, your goals, or what's good or bad for you; It only cares that you recognize it, nurture it and express it.

Me, I don't particularly like meeting new people. I don't care for parties, bars or other big social gatherings... To my detriment, I'm very much a loner. As a result, I very rarely open up to anyone, and when I do, I often wish I never had. Not because I said or did something stupid but, perhaps, because I didn't. Love of any kind requires you to not over-think things, and I will never be 'that' guy. 'Why' is always on my mind, and that's usually bad for relationships.

But I think it's a beautiful thing, romantic love. Somehow, though every romantic relationship I've ever had or had the potential for has blown up in my face, it's still something I crave and am hopeful for. I'm still in love with the simple idea of love. Someone to break me out of my comfort zone once in a while, someone to joke with, someone to shoot the sh*t with, someone to cook for, someone who doesn't think I'm gross to look at, someone to share the loneliness and the contemplation. It's certainly a nice thought, and one that I often catch myself dwelling on (as I'm sure the rest of you do)!

And as far as familial love goes, what could be better? I'm lucky enough to have close ties with my core family (siblings/parents), especially my brother. He's just a couple of years older than me and has been my best friend all my life. We look out for each other through anything and everything, even if it happens to be other family in the way! We like all the same sh*t, we play music together, we constantly try and one-up each other's jokes, we take care of each other when one is sick, and we rarely quarrel. There is a kind of fierce loyalty there that has always been important to me, and it's something I look and strive for in all my relationships. I don't have a lot of truly close relationships outside of my family, but the ones I have mean more to me than the world.

And, of course, the right romantic relationship has the potential to intertwine itself with the familial bond. And I'm talking beyond mere marriage. I'm talking about something nearly symbiotic. A couple that compliments each other so well that you might wonder if there was ever a time when they weren't together. Like they're two halves of the same whole. Not everyone finds that, but the ones that do rarely part.

That's enough incoherent rambling out of me. I need to go to bed...

That symbiotic bond, is beautiful that you speak of. Its the perfect word to express that relationship that is rare and hard to find. I to am one to ask why at times, like you I'm sure.

The beginning of your "rant" seemed like you where expressing your frustrations with love. And trust, love is frustrating ; )
But I think that you still have what it takes to find true love, and possibly that symbiotic bond. ; )

You are very luck to have a close relationship with your brother. I wish I had a brother at times. Or a sibling I can be very close with. My sister and I are close on and off due to the major age difference. But still count your lucky stars for having great family bonds that show love. Those roots are helping you believe it or not what love really is. For those that lack those strong healthy roots end up finding love in all the wrong places or things, or end up searching for the meaning of love their whole life.

And for your comment saying finding something that doesn’t think your gross to look at...ok if anyone ever made you think this **** THEM! people that judge others based on their appearance and not on the beauty of their heart are true assholes. Sorry I had to get mad for you, and its something I have been threw too.

Same here. We'll find it eventually though, you're a beautiful girl inside and out... you only deserve the best! :)
we deserve the best. :D

Many greats answers in this thread.
But from my perspective, it also seems that love can be something esoteric that puts your soul on fire and then leaves it stone cold. I've given up on love, I don't expect to find it again after my a loss several years ago. I do have my numerous internet crushes but that's not real love.

I'm a romantic too, so this sounds ironic.

If it was a loss several years ago, speaking your loved one died. I am truly sorry, and can understand your heart going stone cold. If you found your sole mate then lost them, would be devestating.

If I found my sole mate and then lost him. I would as well close my heart to love in that department, and just be a happy in knowing I was apart of that rare love, and look foward to seeing him in heaven again.

svp

Thanks for no just clicking the like button ;). Its true what you say about lonely beings understanding what true love is. Maybe its because we have more time to think it over and view others in their relationships and make sense of it.

I look foward to what lies ahead in life, though i feel like time is running out for me, at old age i think personally.
SVP you seem like a very awesome, caring, genuine guy, I appreciate all your replies :)

why doesnt the REN family live closer together, we could be like the brady bunch lol
yes you are right, that is exactly what i was implying. People need to live life more in order to figure out its true meaning and problems. you know how the person that sits back and listens in a conversation instead of blabbing retains more knowledge? well that is the same for relationships. People say " why are you giving me love advise if you have never found a girlfriend?" I say, "not having one is the reason of my love knowledge". sometimes the observer has more of an understanding then the actual person participating. You know how someone doesn't know their mistakes until someone tells them? its the same thing. I have learned a lot from watching my brother, though it is sad that he gets to have all the fun. how old are you? it is never too late to find love...you look young and beautiful in your pictures.:) and thank you for the complements, you are such a sweetheart.

LordGolbez

There have been some good answers here and some nice perspectives.

To me love, as many others have said, is something greater than yourself. You want to protect the one you love and keep them safe from harm. It is also where you can share everything you are and not have shame or fear. I also think that love is something where both people can grow. You have differences but you bounce off of each other and grow. I also think it's where both people don't need each other but want to be together.

I myself never expect to find it. I am fine being by myself and don't feel a huge need to find someone. I am very pragmatic and sometimes over-analytical. I have had feelings for people before and I have no idea why. It is very confusing for me because I don't often let people in. It is very hard for me to show emotion and the people I feel comfortable with are few and far between. I can be friendly with people but rarely ever develop more emotion than just friends. I don't have to have someone at my side to be happy, besides I don't think very many people could put up with my personality quirks for very long lol.

letmelive311

yes you are right, that is exactly what i was implying. People need to live life more in order to figure out its true meaning and problems. you know how the person that sits back and listens in a conversation instead of blabbing retains more knowledge? well that is the same for relationships. People say " why are you giving me love advise if you have never found a girlfriend?" I say, "not having one is the reason of my love knowledge". sometimes the observer has more of an understanding then the actual person participating. You know how someone doesn't know their mistakes until someone tells them? its the same thing. I have learned a lot from watching my brother, though it is sad that he gets to have all the fun. how old are you? it is never too late to find love...you look young and beautiful in your pictures.:) and thank you for the complements, you are such a sweetheart.

Thank you for the complements, I definitely haven't had this much ever! hence why I feel blessed more and more with this online REN family.

Time has flown by super fast, and I find myself at the ripe age of 25. Im 1/4th a century...arg it hurts. I feel younger, though not. I just wish sometimes I didn't waste so much of my love and such horrible guys, I could have been alone, or with the right person.

svp

Thank you for the complements, I definitely haven't had this much ever! hence why I feel blessed more and more with this online REN family.

Time has flown by super fast, and I find myself at the ripe age of 25. Im 1/4th a century...arg it hurts. I feel younger, though not. I just wish sometimes I didn't waste so much of my love and such horrible guys, I could have been alone, or with the right person.
aww don't think like that, you have a whole future ahead of you. There is still a world for you to explore and more great people you have yet to interact with. Just keep your head up and live life to the fullest, like your motto, Let me live ;) 25 isnt old at all, that means you have 25 years of experience and from the looks of our conversations, you have a lot of experiences you have learned from, you should be blessed with your intelligence. keep your chin up!:)

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Love?
Honestly i got ''better'' in this area but i'm still debating....

But i believe love is what you do for others
A friend told me: ''To love someone means you give up all you're hopes and dreams so that person can fulfill their's''
In all honestly i sure love is how far you would go for someone
Sure i can say i ''Love'' someone in a way but also depends on what definition you're looking or
But overall it's the sacrfices you would make for that special someone in you're life

letmelive311

aww don't think like that, you have a whole future ahead of you. There is still a world for you to explore and more great people you have yet to interact with. Just keep your head up and live life to the fullest, like your motto, Let me live ;) 25 isnt old at all, that means you have 25 years of experience and from the looks of our conversations, you have a lot of experiences you have learned from, you should be blessed with your intelligence. keep your chin up!:)

Seriously Svp, you made my day. Are you really 19? You are way beyond your years if you are. And you seem like a great catch, and any girl who gets to be a part of your heart, is truly lucky. She will have awesome conversations and be loved right ; )

I do try to live by my motto. I guess I get lonely still and i guess...impatient. lol that's what my mom says i need to work on.

svp

Seriously Svp, you made my day. Are you really 19? You are way beyond your years if you are. And you seem like a great catch, and any girl who gets to be a part of your heart, is truly lucky. She will have awesome conversations and be loved right ; )

I do try to live by my motto. I guess I get lonely still and i guess...impatient. lol that's what my mom says i need to work on.
haha yes I am really 19, I know I do seem like an old soul, people have called me that a lot when I was growing up. ;) My mom calls me Yoda because of my vast knowledge of random facts no one cares about lol thanks for making my day with your encouragement ! :) I am truly happy to have someone like you to talk to, you have a big heart. Hopefully I will find the one someday but until then I will continue to live my life and eventually meet someone that appreciates me for who I am. I hope you do live by your motto, and working on your patience takes time.......a lot of being patient lol
don't worry, if impatience is your biggest problem than you have nothing to worry about. Its not like life is one giant line at the DMV lol you should cherish every minute with its new experiences and interactions.....by then you will have found what you were searching for. xoxo

letmelive311

haha yes I am really 19, I know I do seem like an old soul, people have called me that a lot when I was growing up. ;) My mom calls me Yoda because of my vast knowledge of random facts no one cares about lol thanks for making my day with your encouragement ! :) I am truly happy to have someone like you to talk to, you have a big heart. Hopefully I will find the one someday but until then I will continue to live my life and eventually meet someone that appreciates me for who I am. I hope you do live by your motto, and working on your patience takes time.......a lot of being patient lol
don't worry, if impatience is your biggest problem than you have nothing to worry about. Its not like life is one giant line at the DMV lol you should cherish every minute with its new experiences and interactions.....by then you will have found what you were searching for. xoxo

you are so awesome! lol if your Yoda, then I have to be Yodel! :p I'm a huge Star wars nut too. And I thought i was the only one that picked up on useless facts/ random facts. lol

Thanks again for the encouragement, dido xoxo

svp

haha Yodel has a nice ring to it! I love Star Wars!! I think my personality would be best described as Yoda during the day and Jar Jar at night lol I am a party animal!! We shall team up and defeat everyone at Trivia together lol;)

letmelive311

haha Yodel has a nice ring to it! I love Star Wars!! I think my personality would be best described as Yoda during the day and Jar Jar at night lol I am a party animal!! We shall team up and defeat everyone at Trivia together lol;)

I'm looking forward to that trivia, and ill pull out my SW encyclopedia just to warm up. lol sorry i was referring to Yaddel. I like yodel better, because it sounds more like yoda. Anyways. im going to stop my inner nerdy self while im ahead.

Reactions: svp

Hoady

I would say love is whatever way you see it.I have heard the analogy of things like the flower.. it doesn't close when something or someone in particular comes near it, it holds its colours and petals out to all. You have to become a light and just let it shine, with no need of judgement towards anything.

While i don't understand the fascination for flowers and philosophies as these masters do, it makes the most sense to me.

Top Bottom