• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is love to you?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
V
Through my eyes, love is selfless. Always giving and never expecting in return. It is self sacrificing and understanding. Never aggressive or jealous, always patient and forgiving. It is unconditional and transcendental.:cool:
Beautiful my friend...Simply beautiful...However, the one thing i'd expect in return is to be loved back...

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
Love is a choice you make when all the fizz has died down and the rose tinted glasses have cracked.
...........Deep.

wanna talk about it ?

Didn't think so lol... very true though.

TYLERDM94

The White Wolf
I gave up on love everytime ive tried ive always been hurt back
Maybe its best to live alone so u cant be hurt at all

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I gave up on love everytime ive tried ive always been hurt back
Maybe its best to live alone so u cant be hurt at all
That's life, friend. There are no guarantees that anything is going to be easy. I don't think you should resort to living life by yourself because a few people hurt you in the past - because it happens to everyone at some point. All joking aside, I do think a part of love is trusting someone deeply enough to allow yourself to be hurt by them, and hoping that they won't.

Don't let a few people turn you into a hermit, because (I think) with age and maturity you begin to truly see which relationships are healthy and which are not. You're still a teenager, and I know from experience that most teenagers are pretty selfish and are usually entirely focused on 'me'. I wouldn't expect profound love from a whole lot of them. ;)

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Trust is definitely the foundation of a 'good' and even 'great' true love. I've loved too many times and not trusted the other person, and for good reason. Cheaters will go no where with me.

Cupid works in strange ways. He really needs to start aiming for the other person and stop shooting my butt! Cupid is the biggest troll ever... Shoots me, then a creepy man older than my father who is more than likely a serial killer in his off time. D:

L

Lurker
Ah women... we confuse our own gender even. I don't understand them either so were in the same boat here... but my advice to you is: you'll never know until you make the initiative. She'll more than likely have more respect for you if you do, and chicks dig guys with 'balls' if you know what I mean. :p So, I say go for it and good luck!
So you are a woman who is attracted to women who does not get women?

svp

love can not merely be explained by verbal words or by the simple act of typing on a keyboard, for the feelings of love can not formally be expressed in such a small manner. Love is a large emotion that is kept sheltered and balled up inside an invisible emotional cellar....everyone has experiences of love from the moment of birth. ex: family, friends, alliances. but the act of finding that one soul mate is a journey on its own, because there is only one person that can unleash the balled up manner inside your soul. many people could of hurt or punctured your inner love, but once you find that one person....the pain and sadness will quickly heel. for you have forgotten the past because you already are blinded by who stands in front of you.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I was stuck watching Never Been Kissed at the weekend (thanks, sis - real great film thar...or not) and within the first ten minutes there was this utter dribbling nonsense coming out about that first kiss and love and how it's all just amaaaazzzzziiiiing all the time. It's that sort of thing that perpetuates the myth that unless you feel gooey 100% of the time and are using every opportunity when you are not asleep to make out/have sex/gaze into each others' eyes for hours then you're no longer in love.

It just encourages people to give up on a relationship based on their emotions and nothing more. Good grief, there is almost an entire generation of people out there who truly believe that unless you "feel" in love, you're not. It's like your brain doesn't even enter the equation. We seem to encourage people to do everything based on feelings and that's insane and dangerous. How many families have been broken up because mummy and daddy were relying solely on a constant state of emotional highs to keep them going? Don't get me wrong, feelings play a role and if you are dead inside towards each other after the first date then chances are this isn't right - but feelings undulate and it's the choice to work through the difficult or dry times together that bind your relationship more tightly and keep love alive. And as a result, feelings fall in line with your choices once more and help accentuate and cement the decision to keep together. Why do you think that in marriage ceremonies the person officiating it says that bit about how marriage is a serious undertaking not to be entered into lightly? Because it's true.

After all, behind every perfect-looking fairytale ending is a whole bunch of work to make it happen - only in real life, you are your own fairy godmother as well as the princess/prince.

Also: diamonds help. Just saying, Steve...

Ada

Tʜᴇ Aɢᴇɴᴛ ᴏғ Dᴇᴀᴛʜ
Premium
To me, love is everything. I used to be a cold, unforgivig person by nature, I tend to push eveyone away. Quite opposite to how I am now. I lived a tough life as a child, nobody really showed me love and neither did I show it back, but deep inside I always wished for that one person who would understand me, bring me hope and love in my quite miserable existence at the time. And then the day came along when I met him. The first person I ever fell in love with truly, and hopefully the last. I'm lucky to have found my soulmate on the first try.

True Love- it's the joining of two souls, a bond even deeper than marriage. I would give my life willingly and happily to protect my significant other, and I try to always keep a smile on his face. Love is sacrifice, love is pain, but love is something worth living for.

letmelive311

Love
For Family...
Love is catching and supporting each other threw the hardest times. Facing drugs and addictions together. making sure to attend concerts, plays, games not matter what and routing for your kid even though they are not the best player. having respect for your elders even if they live and think as if they are in a different time. Love is when I look at a family member and know they are my rock if the rest of my life goes to ****.

For Friends...
Love is being patient, and listening to whatever bothers a friend, even if they are in the wrong. Showing up last notice if you are called in need. Punching an ex boy friend in the face if he approaches your friend after a terrible break up ( I did this, he was a DICK), never letting a friend go hungry or feel un loved. cleaning up your friends vomit hair, and making sure they look presentable before going home. Letting your friend cry until they fall asleep while you hold their hand.

For a sole mate...
Love is being honest even if it hurts, but only because you need the other to change for the good. Accepting each other for not being perfect, but loving each other for not being perfect. Looking at your sole mate and just feeling a fire/ light burn inside your heart knowing that they see you for you. Using patience and understanding to keep love growing. Never giving up on each other, even when you are stubborn as hell, you still want to fight for that one person. At the end of the day, after an accomplishment, during a hard life change, there is one person you turn to first that will catch you and hold you, and use a gentle hand to wipe your tears away. To be selfless, and to mirror what great love is given to you.

For life...
To love life is to appreciate what life you are given even if its not much of a life at all. For we are fragile creatures born to live and die, but for us to be able to witness time is a blessing in its own, compared to not living and not know, feel love, sadness, anger, passion etc. Too feast our eyes on the miracles of earth, trees, flowers, animals, lakes, oceans, mountains, rocks, volcanoes etc. the thirst for knowledge. Even for the small boy/girl in the most darkest, dirtiest part of the third world wants to live, and that’s because he is driven by a want to love and be loved.

Love is what makes this world turn.
I believe that Love is the answer
I’m in love with love
but haven’t found it yet
But I have faith that I will…
One day.

letmelive311

That was beautiful and actually got me choked up a bit. You're an incredibly sweet person, anyone is lucky to have you as a friend/family member/soul mate/ or just have you in their lives to brighten them up! :)

Thank you. Your really sweet. I guess I'm just the kind of person that knows love, but hasn't found it mirrored back yet.

svp

Love
For Family...
Love is catching and supporting each other threw the hardest times. Facing drugs and addictions together. making sure to attend concerts, plays, games not matter what and routing for your kid even though they are not the best player. having respect for your elders even if they live and think as if they are in a different time. Love is when I look at a family member and know they are my rock if the rest of my life goes to ****.

For Friends...
Love is being patient, and listening to whatever bothers a friend, even if they are in the wrong. Showing up last notice if you are called in need. Punching an ex boy friend in the face if he approaches your friend after a terrible break up ( I did this, he was a ****), never letting a friend go hungry or feel un loved. cleaning up your friends vomit hair, and making sure they look presentable before going home. Letting your friend cry until they fall asleep while you hold their hand.

For a sole mate...
Love is being honest even if it hurts, but only because you need the other to change for the good. Accepting each other for not being perfect, but loving each other for not being perfect. Looking at your sole mate and just feeling a fire/ light burn inside your heart knowing that they see you for you. Using patience and understanding to keep love growing. Never giving up on each other, even when you are stubborn as hell, you still want to fight for that one person. At the end of the day, after an accomplishment, during a hard life change, there is one person you turn to first that will catch you and hold you, and use a gentle hand to wipe your tears away. To be selfless, and to mirror what great love is given to you.

For life...
To love life is to appreciate what life you are given even if its not much of a life at all. For we are fragile creatures born to live and die, but for us to be able to witness time is a blessing in its own, compared to not living and not know, feel love, sadness, anger, passion etc. Too feast our eyes on the miracles of earth, trees, flowers, animals, lakes, oceans, mountains, rocks, volcanoes etc. the thirst for knowledge. Even for the small boy/girl in the most darkest, dirtiest part of the third world wants to live, and that’s because he is driven by a want to love and be loved.

Love is what makes this world turn.
I believe that Love is the answer
I’m in love with love
but haven’t found it yet
But I have faith that I will…
One day.
I have to reply to this, pressing a simple like button isn't enough to express my hearts understanding of your grateful message. Everything you stated here was true to the soul. I am without a doubt in awe, It seems that God only implanted the true knowledge of love within the grasps of the lonely beings. do not fret Story and Letmelive, you both will find someone truly loving and inspirational. remember...the people that do seem to find "true love" are the ones that don't know what it is. They are the same people that bicker and break up over and over. If people have more partners then you, don't worry. love is about the quality not quantity. Starting later in life means that you have developed enough experience and knowledge to face what is ahead. If True Love is what lays ahead, you will be more then prepared. ;) I still am yet to find her.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I've been meaning to reply to this thread, but I keep getting distracted. I'll try my best not to make this a rambling mess. I'm used to keeping heavier thoughts in tidy verses...

Love is at once everything and nothing... No. Really, to me, love is stupid. And I don't mean that in a negative, "f*ck that sh*t" kind of way, but rather it is unthinking. Love doesn't care about anything but itself. It doesn't care about your pride, your goals, or what's good or bad for you; It only cares that you recognize it, nurture it and express it.

Me, I don't particularly like meeting new people. I don't care for parties, bars or other big social gatherings... To my detriment, I'm very much a loner. As a result, I very rarely open up to anyone, and when I do, I often wish I never had. Not because I said or did something stupid but, perhaps, because I didn't. Love of any kind requires you to not over-think things, and I will never be 'that' guy. 'Why' is always on my mind, and that's usually bad for relationships.

But I think it's a beautiful thing, romantic love. Somehow, though every romantic relationship I've ever had or had the potential for has blown up in my face, it's still something I crave and am hopeful for. I'm still in love with the simple idea of love. Someone to break me out of my comfort zone once in a while, someone to joke with, someone to shoot the sh*t with, someone to cook for, someone who doesn't think I'm gross to look at, someone to share the loneliness and the contemplation. It's certainly a nice thought, and one that I often catch myself dwelling on (as I'm sure the rest of you do)!

And as far as familial love goes, what could be better? I'm lucky enough to have close ties with my core family (siblings/parents), especially my brother. He's just a couple of years older than me and has been my best friend all my life. We look out for each other through anything and everything, even if it happens to be other family in the way! We like all the same sh*t, we play music together, we constantly try and one-up each other's jokes, we take care of each other when one is sick, and we rarely quarrel. There is a kind of fierce loyalty there that has always been important to me, and it's something I look and strive for in all my relationships. I don't have a lot of truly close relationships outside of my family, but the ones I have mean more to me than the world.

And, of course, the right romantic relationship has the potential to intertwine itself with the familial bond. And I'm talking beyond mere marriage. I'm talking about something nearly symbiotic. A couple that compliments each other so well that you might wonder if there was ever a time when they weren't together. Like they're two halves of the same whole. Not everyone finds that, but the ones that do rarely part.

That's enough incoherent rambling out of me. I need to go to bed...

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Being in love with someone who is taken will do that to you. Whoever is on here who also has a bf or gf that loves you back... you're the luckiest person on earth and you should cherish that person day-in and day-out. It's a one in a million moment to have such luck.

I hope to someday be like you, being loved back must feel excellent. Feeling the love you feel for the other person... I can only imagine. I feel as though I won't be complete until I find my 'other half', and until then I'll only be half of who I am and can be. I guess you could say I'm a Romantic... I'm obsessed with the idea of love, poetry, tragedy, comedy, and anything that has to do with the heart. Anywho, before I get too mushy I'd like to hear your opinions on this matter. ;)
Many greats answers in this thread.
But from my perspective, it also seems that love can be something esoteric that puts your soul on fire and then leaves it stone cold. I've given up on love, I don't expect to find it again after my a loss several years ago. I do have my numerous internet crushes but that's not real love.

I'm a romantic too, so this sounds ironic.

Top Bottom